logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Reflected crits on Droids
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

At regionals yesterday a situation popped up and I wasn't sure on how the interactions worked. I shot a crit on Legacy Vader with my IG-86 (opportunist activated), and he reflected back. Do I take 50 (what Vader what have taken) or 30 (since I'm a droid, crits don't count double)

Post subject: Re: Reflected crits on Droids
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:18 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

The Lightsaber Refect that IE Vader has relfects all the damage HE would have taken. So, to answer your question, your IG would have taken 50 damage.

Another example is say you have HK-47 shooting with Cunning Attack against that Vader and he Reflects the damage back. Since you took advantage of the extra attack and damage for shooting at an unactivated Vader, you must then suffer the consequences of the extra damage being Relected back at you with the Cunning even though HK himself is activated.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:46 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Jester007 wrote:
The Lightsaber Refect that IE Vader has relfects all the damage HE would have taken. So, to answer your question, your IG would have taken 50 damage.

Another example is say you have HK-47 shooting with Cunning Attack against that Vader and he Reflects the damage back. Since you took advantage of the extra attack and damage for shooting at an unactivated Vader, you must then suffer the consequences of the extra damage being Relected back at you with the Cunning even though HK himself is activated.

Sincerely,
Jester007

follow-up question:

If it's the damage Vader would take, does he make the dark armor save first. If Vader made his save for Dark Armor, he would only take 40, therefore should only 40 be reflected back?

I know the answer is that dark armor doesn't effect it, but I'm at a loss as to why it works in one direction but not the other

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:02 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TimmerB123 wrote:
Jester007 wrote:

Sincerely,
Jester007

follow-up question:

If it's the damage Vader would take, does he make the dark armor save first. If Vader made his save for Dark Armor, he would only take 40, therefore should only 40 be reflected back?

I know the answer is that dark armor doesn't effect it, but I'm at a loss as to why it works in one direction but not the other

Dark Armor resolves after Deflect/Reflect/Evade. This is covered in the Resolving Effects section of the FAQ.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:43 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

TimmerB123 wrote:
[I know the answer is that dark armor doesn't effect it, but I'm at a loss as to why it works in one direction but not the other

For the dark armor to take effect in protecting Vader's body, the shot would have to get past this lightsaber. If he deflects/reflects the shot, then it didnt actually hit his body, and thus, dark armor doesnt come into effect.

I know its more of a logic reason than SWM uses at times, but seems like a good enough reason for me.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.