logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Gray Jedi *
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Either drop Affinity Republic, or add Affinity to Old Republic. Seems strange to me now to go half way. I'd almost say make them Affinity for the Old republic and drop the "Republic" if nothing else. I don't remember a lot of them around during the clone wars.

But honestly, we did the Wookiee for all three, I'd say add it for OR too and be done with it.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:41 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
If they need Affinity for OR I don't have a problem with that. They didn't start out with Affinity at all. Originally they were just NR.

Canonly, I'd really like them to have Affinity to Old Republic. The reason there were Gray Jedi was because of events in the Old Republic, with Jolee Bindo being one of the most famous Gray Jedi. So if that's fine it will fit the flavor of the character more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm fine with adding it for OR.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

yes to OR affinity.

unless anyone can think of a broken combo of the bat.. GJ + Exile is all I can think of.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:44 pm 

Off the top of my head, the only real big combo I can think of would be in New Republic (Wedge+TBSV+Leia JK so they get Triple GMA and able to Reroll their Dark Temptation save, yet that's a lot of cost to make it work).

They can already get Extra Attack in Republic from Flobi or General Windu, so The Exile won't really make much more of a combo except being able to add 17 more points to the squad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:50 pm 

ok, go with affinity for both. But let's be careful here, I don't want to start a trend that every NU jedi goes into all 3 factions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:18 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
ok, go with affinity for both. But let's be careful here, I don't want to start a trend that every NU jedi goes into all 3 factions.

Nor do I. In the future, we might even do a new Gray Jedi that is strictly one faction. The way this piece started was based on my reading of Vector Prime and the Dark Nest Trilogy, but then it was pointed out Gray Jedi weren't era-specific.

Maybe in the future we can do New Republic Gray Jedi Knight.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:39 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

update

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

flavour:

"Gray Jedi are those who, though having completed the teachings of the Jedi, operate independently and outside of the Jedi Council. They are typically seen as misguided, though they have not necessarily succumbed to the dark side."

or

"We are not evil."
"No, the Jensaarai are not, nor are they wholly good."
―The Saarai-kaar and Luke Skywalke

or

"Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of others."
―Jolee Bindo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:23 pm 

One thing I noticed. The name should be "Gray" with an "a" and not an "e". While I love to use the "e" to screw with people, canonly for Star Wars it's with an "a".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Fixed

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:55 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

As mentioned in the 3P0/R2 thread, Tim Ballard talked to me yesterday about some of his playtest results. He had some concerns about this piece being a part of the Republic given all the options (Swap, Tow, etc). Personally I disagree, I think this is something the Jedi need and it gives an alternative to the Jedi Weapon Master as the non-unique go-to, but I wanted to pass his comments along.

I really see these guys played best with something like Leia Skywalker, anyway, but that's just me.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:33 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Updated

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

52 Gray Jedi x2
25 Leia Skywalker
27 Lobot
23 Gen. Wedge
22 Ben Skywalker
18 Twilek Black Sun Vigo
12 Gha Nackt
12 Mouse Droid x6
09 General Dodonna

Can't wait to try this out! :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:44 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Just finished reading Tim's comments, and it kind of mirrors where we were when started working on this. Perhaps flavor is less important than function in this case. I envisioned this originally as the NR version of the JWM, but then it became something that could run alongside or even possibly replace the JWM as a staple fig for the Republic, and I was okay with that too.

At most, I would be okay with upping the cost to 28.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:13 pm 

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Just finished reading Tim's comments, and it kind of mirrors where we were when started working on this. Perhaps flavor is less important than function in this case. I envisioned this originally as the NR version of the JWM, but then it became something that could run alongside or even possibly replace the JWM as a staple fig for the Republic, and I was okay with that too.

At most, I would be okay with upping the cost to 28.

I vote cost of 28, Affinity for Old Republic, not for Republic. I share Tim's concern there, and I was thinking in those terms the last time we talked about this. I think I even suggested it :). Anyways, I think it's a valid concern, and I'd rather not do the 3 faction deal with these guys.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:25 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think if we drop Affinity for Republic we should just drop it completely and rename this guy New Republic Gray Jedi to leave it open and make it clear that we could do Gray Jedi for other factions later on.

EDIT: This would allow us to leave the cost as is too, IMO.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 am 

Well the talk was just removing Affinity for Republic and leave Affinity for Old Republic.

If we completely remove Affinity, then we'd need to make this piece #34 and then the New Republic Elite Trooper would be piece #33.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:18 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

If you drop affinity, I see no reason to changed the name. Same-named figures do exist in different factions (ie Jedi Guardian). Besides,it seems silly to call something a 'NR Gray Jedi' when, they would have nothing to do with the NR

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Jedi Guardian is the only one that has the same name as another fig.

I think if we don't make some distinction there will be a lot of bitching and we will have to do damage control.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next