logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: any extra dotf card sets?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:21 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i noticed all over the forums people have been asking if there have been any straggler dotf card sets that have been left over and are still available. i know that i jumped on the bandwagon kind of late and me and my friends helped clean out the target liquidation sales in our area, and are now looking for some newer pieces, and dotf should help with that. so, my question is, are there any dotf sets left over that we could possibly use (i'd really rather have a nice printed set than me printing one out in not-so-great quality for something we use so often). one set should be enough between my play group. let me know if any pointmen or anyone has an extra set that i could donate towards swmgamers for.. any help would be very appreciated! thanks!

Post subject: Re: any extra dotf card sets?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:28 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I don't think there are any left. The owner of the website, Dean Miller (dnemiller) would know but he hasn't been on much in the past few months due to having a busy real life off the boards. Likely the best thing you can do is take the cards to be printed off to Kinkos or someplace similar and get them printed on a heavy, cardstock paper. You can also get them laminated at Kinkos, and then you can cut them yourselves afterward.

I'm sure someone on the boards has done something similar so they'll likely be able to help you out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:34 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

jedispyder wrote:
I don't think there are any left. The owner of the website, Dean Miller (dnemiller) would know but he hasn't been on much in the past few months due to having a busy real life off the boards. Likely the best thing you can do is take the cards to be printed off to Kinkos or someplace similar and get them printed on a heavy, cardstock paper. You can also get them laminated at Kinkos, and then you can cut them yourselves afterward.

I'm sure someone on the boards has done something similar so they'll likely be able to help you out.

thanks, any tips would be useful if there are no extra sets lying around. i'm also curious, did the cards have any design on the back of them?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:05 pm 

The cards had the set design on the back of them (would have been too much extra money to go with the character sketch like WotC did). Unfortunately, the clear image used for the back of the cards will not be released for people printing out the cards.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

jedispyder wrote:
The cards had the set design on the back of them (would have been too much extra money to go with the character sketch like WotC did). Unfortunately, the clear image used for the back of the cards will not be released for people printing out the cards.

alright, i'll give it some time and hopefully someone has an extra set or something.. let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:02 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

xheavens wrote:
jedispyder wrote:

alright, i'll give it some time and hopefully someone has an extra set or something.. let me know!

Good luck, there are a number of us who donated over 6 months ago for the first set who still havent received them even though it was released 4 months ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Darqueclaw wrote:
xheavens wrote:
jedispyder wrote:

Good luck, there are a number of us who donated over 6 months ago for the first set who still havent received them even though it was released 4 months ago.

We are working on it. There have been many unforeseen complications to the process this first time around. Also, not saying it was you or any of the others you refer to, but about 25% of those who claim they donated, did not. 25% of the Kickstarter donations failed because the person didn't have the money when KS went for it. We are working on solving this, but it's gonna take some time.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:46 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Thank you, Thank you. That is really all that we (at least I) need to here. Just those little updates from time to time do make all the difference.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:11 pm 

Darqueclaw wrote:
Thank you, Thank you. That is really all that we (at least I) need to here. Just those little updates from time to time do make all the difference.

Not a problem, just didn't have anything to update for a while. People get busy, and are often waiting for information they need before they can give an answer. Just remember, we are all volunteers, and so while it may seem simple to respond within a week, if you need to hear also from 3 other people before giving an update, and those people are out of town, busy, then you leave for a weekend, etc. You can see how it can get to be :).

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:25 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

billiv15 wrote:
Darqueclaw wrote:

Not a problem, just didn't have anything to update for a while. People get busy, and are often waiting for information they need before they can give an answer. Just remember, we are all volunteers, and so while it may seem simple to respond within a week, if you need to hear also from 3 other people before giving an update, and those people are out of town, busy, then you leave for a weekend, etc. You can see how it can get to be :).

so does that mean there may be an additional round of printing for some people to get their cards, or is it more likely you're just going to try and round up what's left, if any? i do understand it is very scarce though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:53 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

At this time an additional printing is very unlikely to happen.
We're working on trying to find out what is left, while improving the efficiency of our system so the R&R works out much more smoothly.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY