logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: K-town Challenge 2011 results
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:09 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Here are the squads. I will post paring tomorrow.

Ben Guins (sp?) jdjersey
Exar Kun
Darth Revan Sit Lord
Darth Bandon
Mouse x4
ugy x5

Mike Giles AKA WacoBalze
Jaina Solo SOTJ
mando Scout x4
mando Captain
Mando Gunsmith
Mando CIO
R7
Mouse x3

Les Eller AKA Leshippy
Mira
Revanchist
Bastila Shan JM
Aton Rand
Czerka
OR Senator x2
Ugy x2
MDx3

Louis Vasilion AKA Lou
mira
Bastila Shan JM
Jedi Battlemaster x2
Jedi Seer
Juggernaught War Droid
OR Senator
MD
Ugy x2

Nathan Ferraro AKA???
GGDAC
Darth Sidious
Lancer x2
BDO
Lobot
MD
Ugy x2

Normally brought in Ig-86 and Ugy

Taylor Vickerman AKA ???
Luke's Snowspeeder
Wedge's snowspeeder
Han STA
Crix madine
ERC x2
Rieekan
Cammasi Noble
Dodonna
ugy x3
MD x2

Bryan Hole AKA Dark Dracul
Darth Revan SL
Zuckass BH
Darth Bandon
Jarel
Exar Kun DFS
R7 x2
Caamasi Noble
MD x3
Rodian Brute x2

Bob Clark AKA ???
Yamosk War Cordinator
Nen Yim
Ossus Guardian x4
Vong Priest
Advance Agent Officer
Vong Worker x4

Eric Larson AKA Engineer
Nute
Lobot
Whorm
IG-86 x5
Gha Nachht
R7
BD x2
ugy x2
MD x2

Brad AKA The_Celestial_Warrior
Mira
Bastila Shan JM
Dash Rendar RS
OR Senator x2
Gha Nachht
Lobot
R7 x2
MD x2

Matt Peterson MtMagus
Nom Amor
Lobot
Nen Yim
Yomin Carr
Yomosk War Cordinator
Vong Jedi Hunter x2
Vong Ossus Guardian
Vong Worker x3

William Russell AKA billiv15
Jaster Mareel
Mando Gunsmith x2
Mando Scout x4
Mando Capt.
MD x3
Ugy x2

Jason Kiernan AKA urbanjedi
GGDAC
Darth Sidious
Lancer x2
IG86
Gha Nachht
ugy x3
MD 5

Laura Kiernan AKA UrbanShmi
Atris
Thrawn M
E Hanmaidan x3
Gen. Veers
Jabba Crime Lord
Mas
R7
Rodian brute x2
Ugy

Will Piggott AKA ???
Darth Revan SL
Darth Bandon
Sith Apprentice x2
Sith Lord
Darth Sid holo
MD x4
Rodian Brute x4
ugy x3

Tony Mullins AKA ???
Cad Bane
Mira
Dash Rendar RS
Bastila Shan
OR Senator
R7
MD x3
Ugy x2

Post subject: Re: K-town Challenge 2011 results
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:12 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:35 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Squads have been posted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:25 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I'm Ben Guins and that is spelled correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Matt Peterson is MtMagus

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:59 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

OK, here is the pairings and results. I hope it is all all correct.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:03 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

If you are not used to reading this it can easily be quickly looked at incorrectly.

All the players are on the left and the rounds are at the top. Pairings run horizontally and the W or L is for teh person at teh far left not the person the letter is next too.

If you have questions let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:09 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Thanks Les.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:49 am 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

last name is Kiernan for both jason and laura.
Laura is UrbanShmi and
Jason is urbanjedi

I will post a write-up tourney report later.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:50 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

urbanjedi wrote:
last name is Kiernan for both jason and laura.
Laura is UrbanShmi and
Jason is urbanjedi

I will post a write-up tourney report later.

Sorry for the misspelling and now fixed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:51 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Holding for my report

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:26 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

First off, I want to thank everyone who assisted me in making this happen for me!

Bill and Matt
Bryan Hole
Eric

Needless to say, without these 4 I was not even coming up to 24 hours out, so I had very little time to come up with and practice a squad. I went with:

Mira Cannon
Mira
Dash Rendar, RS
Bastila Shan JM
OR Senator x2
Gha
Mouse x5
R7 x2

Map: Theed Palace

First Round I faced Mike Giles and his Mando Squad of Jaina and a bunch of cloaked figures. I reinforced with Rodian Trader and 5 more mice. He won map and chose Jabba's Palace I took Right side to eliminate as much green/red as a I could. I jumped out to an early lead killing something small (R7?) and kept his twin disrupted. He went bold in the next round and GMA'd Jaina to Mira to at least put 60 on her, but he crit. From that point on I was playing for a 2 point win on either side. Dash was able to finish Jaina off to put me back in the lead but only with 10 hps. I then spent the rounds positioning Bastila and using my mice to heal Dash, until I could kill some more pieces. We played 7 or so rounds, and I don't remember the final score but I'm guessing he had 92 (Mira plus 7 rounds of Gambit) and I had about 117 (& rounds gambit plus various Gunsmiths and Scouts).

Second Round was against Ben who eventually made top 4. He played Revan SL, Exar Kun, Bandon and 5 mice 4 uggies. I wasn't expecting to outactivate anyone this badly so I borrowed a Lando from Les and added another mouse. He won map which was Cloud City, I chose left. and set up mainly in the far room in the middle.

First round he had me go first so I spent a FP to move Mira 14 onto the 4 squares of cover that allowed me to draw LOS to his starting area. He moved the mouse away and then moved Revan to the door swapping in a ugo for Exar to Transfer into. I moved a mouse 12 and spun a Diplomat so I could shoot the ugo out from under him. I think that left him mispositioned because the game kind of stalled for a few rounds after that while we both collected Gambit in the second round. He just didn't play this squad aggressively enough against me IMO so I was able to slowly pick off pieces by throwing myself outside of the building and nabbing Bandon and putting some on Revan before Mira died. Dash and Lando finished off Revan which gave me a significant enough lead that by the final round(8 or 9)even though he had killed all of my damage dealers I still had a points lead.

Third round was against Bill and his gunsmiths/scout death shot. I brought in a the rodian trader and 5 mice again. He won map which was Royal City and I chose right. I figured I was pretty much screwed at this point as I have never beaten Bill in casual play and typically in tournaments I am in the other bracket :D. I first few rounds were entirely positioning and me dishing out grenades to my mice. Outactivating him I was able to match a lot of his overrides which kept his cunning out of play and his Scouts were missing a lot of shots even when they did get opportunist. I was able to use Mira's Accurate to shoot whom I could and at least get splash damage on his scouts , which he failed a lot of. I did lose Mira but Bill saw that I had the game and sped up the pace to give me the three point win.

4th round was against Jason and I won map. He deferred and I took right spreading out my pieces (but not my damage dealers, which was my mistake). For the first few rounds I was skirting a fine line between not engaging and stalling. If I had put either Dash or Mira up on the top part of the map I think I could have more easily engaged him, where I was he had too many places to stay out of LOS. As is there was no beating this squad, so in Round 4 I finally just moved using the force and a Senator to take out a Lancer while I lost everything else. The game "continued" a few more rounds while I brought Bastial up for him to kill. There was one point where as my final activation I spun Bastila and used ABM (fearing I'd lose init). However I won and could have used her in the first round, thus still having it in that crucial 4th round. Even if I had lost he still would have had me go first, so big mistake on my part when I already had an uphill climb.

So the two point wins in the early rounds were enough to knock me out by 1 point and I took 5th, but walked away with enough pieces to do my own "Power Ranger" custom.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:36 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Lancers and droids seem to rule these tourneys. I wonder if there will be some serious droid hate at Marmalade Dog?

sounded like a cool tourney. Nice to see some of DotF figs getting some air.

the celestial warrior wrote:
First round he had me go first so I spent a FP to move Mira 14 onto the 4 squares of cover that allowed me to draw LOS to his starting area. He moved the mouse away and then moved Revan to the door swapping in a ugo for Exar to Transfer into.

Its nit picking, but this move was an error. Revan can only swap figs his own base size

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:52 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
fingersandteeth wrote:
Lancers and droids seem to rule these tourneys. I wonder if there will be some serious droid hate at Marmalade Dog?

sounded like a cool tourney. Nice to see some of DotF figs getting some air.

the celestial warrior wrote:
First round he had me go first so I spent a FP to move Mira 14 onto the 4 squares of cover that allowed me to draw LOS to his starting area. He moved the mouse away and then moved Revan to the door swapping in a ugo for Exar to Transfer into.

Its nit picking, but this move was an error. Revan can only swap figs his own base size

I was going to mention that too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to armchair rules lawyer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

I'll put up the K-town winners report now.

Basically went with same squad I have been with since last regional season (dotf didn't make it any worse IMO) even though I had another squad with me that I almost played and will be playing at MArmalade Dog.

GGDAC
2 Lancer
IG 86
Gha
Sid
5 mice
3 uggs

Went with Smugglers base for map as it has some nice wide open space.

Rd 1 against Les
Les had OR with Revanchist, atton rand and Bastilla and mira. I won map he set up and then I set up. I got off a decent strafe in rd 1 killing czerka and putting damage on everyone else. Then he had to split up his forces to avoid another big strafe and I was able to pick off his guys 1 by 1.

Rd 2 against Will
Will was Stih with revan holosid bandon etc. I again won map and he set up then I set up with a nice lane to strafe. I strafed his stuff trading a lancer for activations. Then I kept away from revan and kept strafing/shooting with IG 86 unitl all his stuff was dead.

Rd 3 against Nathan
Nathan also had double lancer but with lobot (IG86) and BDO instead of Gha and acts. We played on his map and I let him set up first. Key to this game was that I outactivated him. He strafed first and did a ton of damage. I then traded damage on Sid and my injured lancer (pawn killed it) for a chance to kill his other lancer but missed 2 of 4 (needing 7) then I finished off his deep strike lancer after IG missed twice with my other lancer. I then traded my brand new lancer for his wounded lancer so at that point it was my sid (30 left) and IG (20 left) and Grevious and acts vs his Sid (full) grevious (full) BDO and IG (full). Because I outactivated him by so much I just waited till he was activated then put on damage. He made a nice move late to trade his IG for mine which left us at Sid (still 30 left) Grevious and acts vs his Sid (full) and Grevious (taken some). The fact that I had a nice screen of activations meant I eventually whittled him down and defeated him. Very close and very fun game.

Rd 4 vs Brad

Brad had Mira cannon with Bastilla and Dash. Brad's write up is very much how the game went. I did damage where I could (trading 1 lancer for lobot but missed the kill shot on the R7 to try and even up door control). Then I just tried to stay hidden and strike when I could. Eventually Bastilla ran out of FP and I unloaded killing both Mira and Dash and put a hurting on Bastilla.

Semis vs Ben

Ben had Sith with Revan, Exar and Bandon plus acts
This is the one game I had no business winning. Ben made a spectacular move mid game to take out IG-86 leaving me with just 1 lancer plus Sid and Grevious as damage dealers left and he had only taken 50 on revan and 20 on bandon and kun was full. This is where the dice gods decided I would win. From that point on I did not miss an attack the rest of the game. Used 4 straight 8 or betters to finish off revan (a miss and I lose). Then proceeded to win every init as well to keep far enough away that he couldn't ever get to sid/grevious and then win init to finish either of them off. I even made a key sith sorcery save that would have ended it for me as well. In the end I just kept pawning and healing the lancer and kept away from kun while I did 110 damage a round with lancer and grevious.

Finals vs eric.

He conceded before we even sat down as his current squad cannot beat a double lancer squad (he has never beaten me and had lost earlier to nathan's double lancers in rd 2.

So that is the story of how I won this year's K-town challenge.

Thanks to all the guys who helped make this awesome event happen.