logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:17 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:59 am
Posts: 69
Location: Sweden
billiv15 wrote:
Guys, chill out. Dean has been personally very busy as of late. I know as individuals it seems simple for him to look each of you up and answer, but it's not at all simple. He has to back check every thing on it for each of you. Saying "one month and I've heard nothing" isn't going to help, only annoy. You all should have contacted your regional point men first. It doesn't matter if you "donated" or not either. If you haven't contacted your point men, and done even the minimal amount of work, then why expect Dean to spend a couple of hours on each of you figuring out why you didn't get it?

On top of all of that, he's busy at the moment, and can't answer each person. Just be patient and when he gets a chance, he'll get back to you. In the mean time, I suggest each of you still waiting check with your pointman and see if they have a set. Report back to this thread what they say.


Sorry if I annoyed you and I accept that it could take some time until this is solved, no problem. :)
Is there even a point man for my country? I didn't even know.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:34 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Lex wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Guys, chill out. Dean has been personally very busy as of late. I know as individuals it seems simple for him to look each of you up and answer, but it's not at all simple. He has to back check every thing on it for each of you. Saying "one month and I've heard nothing" isn't going to help, only annoy. You all should have contacted your regional point men first. It doesn't matter if you "donated" or not either. If you haven't contacted your point men, and done even the minimal amount of work, then why expect Dean to spend a couple of hours on each of you figuring out why you didn't get it?

On top of all of that, he's busy at the moment, and can't answer each person. Just be patient and when he gets a chance, he'll get back to you. In the mean time, I suggest each of you still waiting check with your pointman and see if they have a set. Report back to this thread what they say.


Sorry if I annoyed you and I accept that it could take some time until this is solved, no problem. :)
Is there even a point man for my country? I didn't even know.


Wasn't you, or anyone in particular. You were just the straw that broke the camel's back as it were :). I'd check the point man thread. I don't know if Sweden had one or not. But start there.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Posts: 19
billiv15 wrote:
Guys, chill out. Dean has been personally very busy as of late. I know as individuals it seems simple for him to look each of you up and answer, but it's not at all simple. He has to back check every thing on it for each of you. Saying "one month and I've heard nothing" isn't going to help, only annoy. You all should have contacted your regional point men first. It doesn't matter if you "donated" or not either. If you haven't contacted your point men, and done even the minimal amount of work, then why expect Dean to spend a couple of hours on each of you figuring out why you didn't get it?

On top of all of that, he's busy at the moment, and can't answer each person. Just be patient and when he gets a chance, he'll get back to you. In the mean time, I suggest each of you still waiting check with your pointman and see if they have a set. Report back to this thread what they say.


I understand, but there is some of us that don't have pointmen because we are lone wolfs. He said that the last stragglers were sent out early Feb. It is now mid-March. I did wait 2 weeks after that to ask and at first tried PMing. I then waited a couple of other weeks and still nothing. It isn't like I'm half way across the world, I'm just on the other side if the state.

I dont expect individual responses, but a couple of words of update every few weeks would be nice. Again, I'm not trying to be rude or impatient. I'm just trying to make sure if there us a problem on my end that I can take care of it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:05 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Darqueclaw wrote:
I understand, but there is some of us that don't have pointmen because we are lone wolfs. He said that the last stragglers were sent out early Feb. It is now mid-March. I did wait 2 weeks after that to ask and at first tried PMing. I then waited a couple of other weeks and still nothing. It isn't like I'm half way across the world, I'm just on the other side if the state.

I dont expect individual responses, but a couple of words of update every few weeks would be nice. Again, I'm not trying to be rude or impatient. I'm just trying to make sure if there us a problem on my end that I can take care of it.


Not a problem either. I was just sensing we were approaching a general attacking nature, when every case is perhaps unique, but perhaps not. You all may have the same problem, or it may be otherwise.

Steps to take.
1. Check the point man thread. Is there one for your area? You didn't have to know them. If Dean thought you were close enough, he went ahead and sent them to the pointman. As for Missouri, I don't remember if it was Dean or Ray, but I'm pretty sure one of them. Lex, did you check with the other guys from Sweden who got their cards? Odds are Dean sent one package to Sweden and they may have yours. As for Brazil, all I know is Dean mailed a package, you'll have to wait until he checks on it and posts.

2a. If you have a pointman in your area, check with that person.
2b. If not continue on the chart.

3. Does Dean have your full name, address and screenname? If not, make sure he has it. PMing him is not the best way as he has said many times. If you pmed it, odds are he either didn't get it or its buried.

4. Post again once all of this is covered.

5. Wait - I know it seems weird, but remember Dean has a son in college, 3 more kids at home, is the coach/commisioner of their Baseball league, works and runs Gamers. He may well be looking into it, but hasn't posted yet. You are also not the only person still waiting. Mailing each individual package to people who didn't go through a point man is extremely tedious and expensive. Not to mention the time consuming nature of checking all of the lists to make sure. Each package takes about an hour of work to get it all squared away - multiply that by 300 packages, and you get the idea. I'm sure Dean will post an update soon, but I know he is busy with Baseball starting up right at the moment - hence no SHNN the last two weeks either. I did however, mention it to him on Sunday, so he will be checking in on this soon.

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:06 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:36 pm
Posts: 33
I have not recevied mine yet. I checked with the pointman for my area, and he is out. I have sent Dean a PM.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:11 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 26
Location: RS-Brasil
billiv15 wrote:
Steps to take.
1. Check the point man thread. Is there one for your area? You didn't have to know them. If Dean thought you were close enough, he went ahead and sent them to the pointman. As for Missouri, I don't remember if it was Dean or Ray, but I'm pretty sure one of them. Lex, did you check with the other guys from Sweden who got their cards? Odds are Dean sent one package to Sweden and they may have yours. As for Brazil, all I know is Dean mailed a package, you'll have to wait until he checks on it and posts.

2a. If you have a pointman in your area, check with that person.
2b. If not continue on the chart.

3. Does Dean have your full name, address and screenname? If not, make sure he has it. PMing him is not the best way as he has said many times. If you pmed it, odds are he either didn't get it or its buried.

4. Post again once all of this is covered.

5. Wait - I know it seems weird, but remember Dean has a son in college, 3 more kids at home, is the coach/commisioner of their Baseball league, works and runs Gamers. He may well be looking into it, but hasn't posted yet. You are also not the only person still waiting. Mailing each individual package to people who didn't go through a point man is extremely tedious and expensive. Not to mention the time consuming nature of checking all of the lists to make sure. Each package takes about an hour of work to get it all squared away - multiply that by 300 packages, and you get the idea. I'm sure Dean will post an update soon, but I know he is busy with Baseball starting up right at the moment - hence no SHNN the last two weeks either. I did however, mention it to him on Sunday, so he will be checking in on this soon.



Ok, I don't mind waiting, I would just like a confirmation, since I'm the pointman here, we're few and it's already hard to keep people interested in the game as it is. I asked for few sets to distribute ONE per city here just to keep things up and going and to try to motivate the rest os us brazilian players to embrace this swmgamers project.

thanks for the headsup, hope to get the package soon.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:41 pm
Posts: 19
So far, no response from the (as near as I can figure) Australian pointman, no response from Dean, and still no cards.

I would love to support the next set... but at this stage, it's not looking like a good investment.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 am
Posts: 80
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
insaniak wrote:
So far, no response from the (as near as I can figure) Australian pointman, no response from Dean, and still no cards.

I would love to support the next set... but at this stage, it's not looking like a good investment.



PM sent

_________________
The poster formerly known as barney_rubble17

WWJD


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:41 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 11:54 am
Posts: 8
well my postman dose not hate me from the last time I posted I have got 26 orders to my house 12 weeks for somthing to get two states is stupid. I will not get the next set since you could not send my set of cards I would like my money back but I bet you can not do that. so thank you for steeling my $20


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:07 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:45 am
Posts: 1
David Prochaska and Joseph Harvey. We both donated through Kickstarter. Neither of us have received our cards. I found the pointman for our area. He did not have cards for us.

Thanks,
David


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 26
Location: RS-Brasil
still no cards for any of us brazilians either.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 4:42 am
Posts: 16
Still waiting on my cards in Australia.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:15 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:41 pm
Posts: 19
4 months down, still no cards, and going by this thread it would appear that Dean has simply given up on responding.

I think this is the point where I give in to the inevitable, write off the cash spent here as a lesson learnt, and move on. There's only so long that I can sit here naively waiting for my cards ... or at the very least for some sort of communication as to what the hell happened, when there is clearly no interest in actually resolving the issue.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:02 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 pm
Posts: 3199
Location: Waterloo, ON
only dnemiller can answer those questions I'm afraid.

I'm sorry that some people have had a bad experience, we're working on a better system for R&R that will help to avoid this issue.

_________________
Winner of the Knights of the SWMGamers Stats Contest
<Joruus (GFC)> - Sheesh, I swear you're like Fool 2.0 (and you can quote me on it xD)
Archives of the Gamers Jedi
Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:59 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:22 am
Posts: 16
i know i'm a bit late, but left the swm scene fall of last year and am getting back into it now. is there any way to get ahold of a set of printed cards anymore? do any pointmen or anybody have an extra set? let me know, i'd really like to get my hands on a nice set, rather than just printing them myself on thin paper.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:59 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 11:54 am
Posts: 8
a bad experince is right I give my money so some one eles can use me cards great. And he is making a new set before people who paid for the last set get it horrible sales manship. And to quit responding is childish and not good costumer service.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5934
xheavens wrote:
i know i'm a bit late, but left the swm scene fall of last year and am getting back into it now. is there any way to get ahold of a set of printed cards anymore? do any pointmen or anybody have an extra set? let me know, i'd really like to get my hands on a nice set, rather than just printing them myself on thin paper.


I don't think there are many if any left out there flaoting around. I know my extra sets went to MN to help out those guys. You could go throught the entire list of point men and ask them. You can also take the PDF to your local copy/ print store and have them you print up a set on quality card stock. Have them run a test print first to make sure you like the color of there printer before you agree to buy anything.

I don't know if they have gotten better over the past ten years, but when I was print out projects for college class the color would not match the file. So just be nice and ask.

_________________
Really???....... DRINK


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5934
To all of you that are waiting on a set that you paid for.

I am sorry that you have waited this long with still no cards. I am not going to give you a song and dance and tell you to wait just to here you complain more.

I want to put something in prespective for you. Many people donated $20 if not more to get this project off the ground and get as many sets in peoples hands as possible. For those of you that donated via Kickstarter and ONLY THOSE that donated via Kickstarter and not gotten your set PM me. I can't garuntee anything at this point in time and I am not going to make promises. I just want to figure out how many of you are out there. A copy of the email from paypal/kickstarter/amazon whatever tht says you have paid will be the only way I can even start to think about helping you.

If you didn't donate. I am sorry there is basically no chance that I know of at this time for you to get a professionally printed set.

I know that some of you are very upset that you haven't gotten cards and you spent $20. This brings me back to the perspective that I mentioned earlier. I spent well over 100 hours working on the cards. As a freelance designer I bill my time at $50 and hour. Did I get anything for putting in this time? I got the satisfaction that I knew the game I love would continue for a little bit longer. I didn't make a dime on this. I donated my money just like many of you did. Am I complaining that I din't make $5000 for my effort? Nope. I have been at the wrong end of deals before. Many of those deals were worth more that $20. I know losing money sucks. But please try to understand that this was the first time any of us had tried something like this.

_________________
Really???....... DRINK


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:59 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5934
So.... with that being said, I want to help. But I have no idea of how many of you are out there. I know dealing with the point men stuff flooded my PM box, but I will try to stay on top of it.

We are going to try to fix this problem and we are already in the process of setting up a better system for R&R. Noticed I said we. There are several of us working on thsi problem. Not just me so it is going to take some time to get things made right. i know you probaly don't want to hear that. It is just the way it is. I hope you all can accept that.

_________________
Really???....... DRINK


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Haven't Got your Destiny of the Force Yet Read Here
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:34 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 26
Location: RS-Brasil
First of all, sorry about my pig-english. Always reading but never writting/seldom speaking makes it rusty

It's the second time that Dnemiller and I TRY to make anything involving money. it's the second time that he ships something to me that never reaches. It's the second time i try and try to talk to him by any means and always end up ignored. The same time Dnemiller said he mailed the package i also ordered several custom maps from maps of mastery and jedi cartographer's. the maps are fantastic as I have them ans played on them. No DotF though

In the first time I even talked to Fool who tryed to help me reach him.... pointless. It was about taris promo map - Dnemiller offered to acquire or distribute some maps to foreigners in WotC forum - he said it was absurd to buy one map on ebay for money - they were about $10 if i recall right. I was looking for one so I sent a pm thru SWMGamers asking him if it would be really possible to get one map. He said yes and asked me for money to cover mail expenses, which I obviously paypaled right on the spot. Then i've sent him about maybe 15 pms in one year and a half asking how was it / what was going on and NEVER EVER received ONE simple answer - not even a NO CAN DO or don't have the map. I reached him once by luck in vassal he was looking for a match - but he said his wife was not well and i promptly stopped bothering him with this matter. I've sent two or three more pms thru this forum and finally quit

But now the SAME happens. And so I have to say: I don't care if you have a schedule like Lula or Obama or if you're not making any money and just playing martyr. i'm just asking for information, a solution, an apology, a "I said I would but i've changed my mind" message - ANYTHING. It's a matter of principle, if you say you're doing something to someone at least have the decency to inform the same someone if you're not doing it anymore. It doesn't require that much time and, I think, saves you lots of trouble. Don't let people hanging. it's better to receive one red light than to be kept in yellow forever.

I buy things from the internet for about 8 years and i can say i receive about at least three international packages each month. There are only 4 packages who never came thru. One from an ebay seller with low credibility. One other from popular collections (worst store ever). The last two are Dnemiller's.

I quit. Wizards of the Coast never gave a rats ass for us down here in Brazil, it looks like SWMGamers inherited not just the right of continuing the game, but also the same international policy. At least they - WotC - gave us answers when we asked them and also they were contractually unable to give us anything without Devir's (Rpg company here who representes WotC products in brazil, portugal and spain, i guess) aknowledgement.

I don't expect receiving any DotF, i have already sent e-mails to all other palyers around here who were also waiting that we're not going to get any sets and I will only encourage any other brazilian player to support SWMGAMERS if you guys organize yourselves and stop making promises you can't keep because of personal problems. Almost 5 months and nothing, you're not in japan near fukushima or anything like that. in fact I'm the only brazilian player trying to show off this project of yours to my peers and I think the biggest disapointment is my own, so maybe i can just shut up and stop paying attention to this and consider this game as it really is, dead.

btw, i've got one taris map. on ebay. one year later. for $20 something plus shipping. if only i knew better...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield