logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: So tired...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think I'm honestly nearing my breaking point. I've felt like this before, but the crap was really flying then, so it was understanable. Things aren't nearly as bad right now. But dear god, 2 years of MDB. I'm having issues even caring anymore. Nothing can be done about this trouble maker. Along with Heroclix tempting me back (I like the new rules and cards, and X-men and the Horsemen are my main weaknesses), I'm seriously tempted to hang up on the game. Sadly, Monpoc is dead, for the most part as well.

I will always keep my SWM collection, and I will always enjoy the games with people I have met and befriended. But the lack of an easy local scene, combined with everpresent online crap I've had to deal with for 2 years, it has seriously impacted my enthusiasm for this game. Maybe it's just the long week I've had, with upcoming bad weekend, and lack of sleep talking. Not even sure why I'm posting. Perhaps I just want to discuss it publically without having to deal with the bloomilk everpresent pains in my ass. I will likely be in tip top shape after I get some games in next month, but it seems rather far away. In fact given what other members are dealing with, this is amazingly petty on my part. So feel free to insult me accordingly.

A break from online is definately in order soon, I think.

Post subject: Re: So tired...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm sure that little shot fired at you today didn't help.
As you have advised me on a number of occasions, step away for some fresh air.

The rest of the team can handle it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:39 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

I think we need to make some time and drive up to Lancing for a Thursday night tourney.

Not having a local play group is not much fun. Want to try meeting at FanFare again to play?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:50 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Of your not having fun playing a game why play it?

I do suggest taking a break dude. You've had a tough time babysitting over there. Take a break and relax and remember why you like the game to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:29 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Engineer wrote:
I think we need to make some time and drive up to Lancing for a Thursday night tourney.

Not having a local play group is not much fun. Want to try meeting at FanFare again to play?

I'm only about an hour away :D. Too bad we can't find a game shop about 30 mins or so between us. We could have a regular night of at least 4 of us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Everyone always needs a little break from online drama from time to time. I've taken small breaks here and there, moving on to other interests so SWM could be focused on more clearly when I come back. You'd think it wouldn't work that way but it actually does.

And I don't feel this being petty at all ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

We all know the impact you've made on our game Scott, on multiple levels. We're better for you being a part of our community. I know about real life impacting me, and I've taken a step back myself. Maybe thats what you need...to back off a bit...not have so much on your plate. I will miss GenCon, and I am actually envious of Justin planning the regional, but losing a few responsibilities has been so freeing for me. I am focused on one thing...my local group...and then whatever else I can fit in. It's working.

We're all behind you...you are appreciated here.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:55 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Give up the babysitting job. You've done your time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:37 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

+1 to Nickname's comment.

You are not required to be a mod on BM. If something that you used to do unpaid and for enjoyment on your free time has now become an energy drain, then it's time to drop it. The fact that the MDB madness on BM is continuing--again--is just a clear indication that things won't be changing very soon over there.

Babysitting your own kids is fine...you love them.
Babysitting other people's kids and getting paid for it is fine...you get paid.
Babysitting other people's kids and not getting paid is not fine...you're just getting used.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:50 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I don't want to act like a wet blanket...but, I just want to say be careful what you say (or how you say it).

I know I sound really insolent, ignorant, etc. etc. and whatnot, but let me explain.

Since the game's actual demise (so far), there's been a notable drop in players playing SWM. It's great that the V-sets are being made, but it's not quite the same as having the actual figs, and I think that's what put people off. And I know many people are (just like you) on the fence whether it's worth playing SWM anymore. And I think when they hear you, as one of the obvious leaders of SWM, possibly deciding to give up the game, they might lose morale and decide to follow as well. Like you said, a lot of us have other problems to deal with (ex. financial issues), so it'd be easy to cave in and sell the SWM lot. I know for myself that close friends have urged me to give up the game, sell the lot, and pick up a new hobby. I'm embarassed to say this, but I have been selling some figs, though I still trade a lot as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think (based on what others say, and what I've seen you say as a Mod/Member of both BM and Gamers) you totally deserve a "sabbatical", so to speak. You've definitely been part of the core team of SWM and been a big help on BM. I just want to mention how people could easily mis-interpret your comment and think you're saying the game has lost steam and that it's not worth playing anymore (especially if people don't know what "MDB" stands for)

Just my two cents, hope I didn't offend anyone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:39 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

You deserve a break Sithborg

Don't worry, the grown-ups will keep bloo milk on the straight and narrow :D

WWJD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:32 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

cremebrule wrote:
I don't want to act like a wet blanket...but, I just want to say be careful what you say (or how you say it).

I know I sound really insolent, ignorant, etc. etc. and whatnot, but let me explain.

Since the game's actual demise (so far), there's been a notable drop in players playing SWM. It's great that the V-sets are being made, but it's not quite the same as having the actual figs, and I think that's what put people off. And I know many people are (just like you) on the fence whether it's worth playing SWM anymore. And I think when they hear you, as one of the obvious leaders of SWM, possibly deciding to give up the game, they might lose morale and decide to follow as well. Like you said, a lot of us have other problems to deal with (ex. financial issues), so it'd be easy to cave in and sell the SWM lot. I know for myself that close friends have urged me to give up the game, sell the lot, and pick up a new hobby. I'm embarassed to say this, but I have been selling some figs, though I still trade a lot as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think (based on what others say, and what I've seen you say as a Mod/Member of both BM and Gamers) you totally deserve a "sabbatical", so to speak. You've definitely been part of the core team of SWM and been a big help on BM. I just want to mention how people could easily mis-interpret your comment and think you're saying the game has lost steam and that it's not worth playing anymore (especially if people don't know what "MDB" stands for)

Just my two cents, hope I didn't offend anyone.

I intended to say the game was losing steam with me. My interest seems to diminish when my main interaction with it is online, and my online experience is so far from fun.

Anyway, now that Percocet feels he needs to help his buddy, I am gone for a week. Take care, don't inflame it too much.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:32 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

NickName wrote:
Give up the babysitting job. You've done your time.

Yep.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:08 am 

Sithborg wrote:
In fact given what other members are dealing with, this is amazingly petty on my part. So feel free to insult me accordingly.

Over-achiever!!!!

Seriously though, take a break and have fun. No reason not to go play Hero Clix if you really want to. I've built up some impressive collections in multiple different gaming systems myself (War Machine, Warhammer Fantasy, Flames of War, etc.) just to have something different to do.

I try and help out with the online stuff by answering peoples' questions not to show off, but as a way to lighten the burden for some of the more prominent people in the community (like yourself) and to test my level of knowledge. I think most of us can say we won't think any different or less of you if you want to step back and take some down time; and anyone that does may find hot sauce mixed with their eye drops.......

Sincerely,
Jester007

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:26 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Heroclix? Go Mystics.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:42 pm 

Darth_Jim wrote:
Heroclix? Go Mystics.

Legos!! :fight:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Well, my mini sabbatical was nice. I didn't completely give up the forums, but just not participating was nice. Didn't have to deal with drama last week (big thumbs up to the other bloomilk mods).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:37 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

cremebrule wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:
Heroclix? Go Mystics.

Legos!! :fight:

+1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Do what you have to do. This is just a game after all. The community as a whole here wants whats best for you. And if that means hanging it up, then do it. We'll miss you, but if your better for it.

But as for the whole BM thing, yeah, give Sinja? your resignation and call it a day.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon