logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

How will you support Renegades and Rouges?
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $25 to get the set. 54%  54%  [ 42 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $20 to get the set. 27%  27%  [ 21 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $15 to get the set. 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $10 to get the set. 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will be willing to pay up to $5 to get the set. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
I want professionally printed cards and will NOT spend any money on them because I know others recieved professionally printed set of DOTF for free. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I will only use the cards that are free to download. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 78

Post subject: Re: Cards for Renegades and Rogues?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:20 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Not only will I donate for the cards, but the guys at the store loved them so much, I am sure I can collect more money from them as well for the next set.

I had alot of these anxieties(and still do) every time we release a map. But people keep coming back. This community is big, and the internet is even bigger. If you build it they will come. Our latest mighty map broke even in less than a week, and that was without the help of Kickstarter! So I would say with little doubt that the V-set cards are Not a fluke.

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:31 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
Wedge772 wrote:
Echo wrote:
One problem is that if you just say "It will be $25 per set, if you don't pay you don't get it", then it gets pretty close to selling the sets as opposed to the money being a donation and the sets being free. For legal reasons this can cause some trouble.

But if given the opportunity, I'd certainly pay $25 (or more) for a set.

It'd have to be carefully worded, I agree. At the least though people should be covering the costs.

Well, the easy way to do it is to just make the price $10 per set. Or $12.50 per set if you want to. Then people who donate $20-$25 would actually get 2 sets sent to them. Then people who only want one set can only donate $10.

Personally, I think that the whole thing ought to be done based on a "cost per set" + "cost for shipping" type basis. And then if your local group wants to save on shipping some, then you just arrange for 1 person to order 20 sets. Then all people have to give their money to that person ahead of time. If those groups want to be nice to some people in their group, and have some folks donate $15 for one set, while one other guy only does $5, then let them work that out in their individual groups.

Whatever we do though, it needs to be made more simple for Dean or whoever will be handling the money/shipping this time around.

+1
I don't want to see any of the organizers losing money on this. As Bill said, I always paid $150+ for each new WotC set, so paying $25 for these sets is a no-brainer. I wonder if there's some way we can word this so that it's clear that no profit is being made. If we did that, then we could easily cover our costs by having each set of cards cost a certain amount, and then having the proceeds from any remainder go toward the production of the next set.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:32 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

LoboStele wrote:
Wedge772 wrote:
Echo wrote:
One problem is that if you just say "It will be $25 per set, if you don't pay you don't get it", then it gets pretty close to selling the sets as opposed to the money being a donation and the sets being free. For legal reasons this can cause some trouble.

It'd have to be carefully worded, I agree. At the least though people should be covering the costs.

Well, the easy way to do it is to just make the price $10 per set. Or $12.50 per set if you want to. Then people who donate $20-$25 would actually get 2 sets sent to them. Then people who only want one set can only donate $10.

Personally, I think that the whole thing ought to be done based on a "cost per set" + "cost for shipping" type basis. And then if your local group wants to save on shipping some, then you just arrange for 1 person to order 20 sets. Then all people have to give their money to that person ahead of time. If those groups want to be nice to some people in their group, and have some folks donate $15 for one set, while one other guy only does $5, then let them work that out in their individual groups.

Whatever we do though, it needs to be made more simple for Dean or whoever will be handling the money/shipping this time around.

The problem with that, though, is that now you really aren't "donating" to have the sets made, you're buying them. It's a very fine line, but it's important to be wary of it for legal reasons. I don't know what the best way to go about it is, but the deciders just need to be careful with how they do it.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:58 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I am willing to toss in $25 or more for the sake of the community as my proportional share base on my financial situation compared to others.

Post subject: Re: Cards for Renegades and Rouges?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

billiv15 wrote:
I used to pay $130-150 for each WotC set. I'll gladly pay up to $40 for a set of 60 cards, of the quality of DotF.

Agreed. Count on me for more if needed. The last set was worth every penny.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Echo wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
Wedge772 wrote:
Echo wrote:

The problem with that, though, is that now you really aren't "donating" to have the sets made, you're buying them. It's a very fine line, but it's important to be wary of it for legal reasons. I don't know what the best way to go about it is, but the deciders just need to be careful with how they do it.

alot of places will do suggested donations based on what it cost to produce, after DotF was there ever a hard cost figured for shipping and printing ect broken down to a final cost? If so that is your baseline, that covers the cost per set, and then you can provide "rewards" for donations above that, be it an extra set, (or uncut sheets like i mentioned earlier.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:11 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Ooh. I would love to have an uncut sheet to hang on my wall. Dean are there any of them still left from DOTF?

Post subject: Re: Cards for Renegades and Rouges?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:20 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Darth_Jim wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
I used to pay $130-150 for each WotC set. I'll gladly pay up to $40 for a set of 60 cards, of the quality of DotF.

Agreed. Count on me for more if needed. The last set was worth every penny.

I felt it was one heck of a deal compared to what many have paid for prior sets. The greatest thing about DotF is the ownership the swm community has of the new set. We want to see the game continue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 am 
General
General

LoboStele wrote:

This makes all too much sense. Make it so, Number 1.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:02 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I like the 'cost per set' ideas, and correct me if Im wrong, but it just leaves us in the same boat as last time.

We say we need to raise $5000 (figuritively) to produce and ship 400 sets (12.50/set).
We raise the 5000, but because some people donate weird amounts (like 30 or 35 dollars, allowing them to get 2 sets) we only wind up with orders for 350 sets. We have 50 sets remaining for 'freeloaders', or we can 'charge' 12.50 for each one, doing what with the money, so its still a donation and not a payment for the product? Put it towards the next sets amount needed? Following the same math, that would be the first $625 of the next $5000, a nice dent, but where does it stop?

I dont think anyone should be under the delusion that these things will be going forever. Years, sure. Over a decade? SWCCGPC is still going, afaik, so why not. But what about that last set in 20xx, and whoever is in charge of that one? The extra money goes to?

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:30 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I would gladly pay $50 for a second run of DotF cards and the new R&R cards. Think bundle my brothers!!!

Your prices are still very reasonable and I can make good use of my old useless models by making customs out of them. You are not only preserving the game, you are turning it into a new customs hobby as well. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:51 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

FVBonura wrote:
I would gladly pay $50 for a second run of DotF cards and the new R&R cards. Think bundle my brothers!!!

Your prices are still very reasonable and I can make good use of my old useless models by making customs out of them. You are not only preserving the game, you are turning it into a new customs hobby as well. :D

If only a second print run of DotF was possible (and cost effective).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:49 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Engineer wrote:

I cant but wonder would it be possible to accept donations for a second printing of DotF?

It might be a good idea If costs are not met for a second printing of DotF, then those donors' contributions would/could/should be rolled over to printing "Virtual Set #3" and their names would likewise be bumped to the top of the list for "Virtual Set #3".

This is a capitalist society after all. Might it not be wise to let the donations do the voting? :D

As far as I am concerned, as long as we know up front we have a chance at a second run of DotF but will default to a V-set #3, there should be no problem with another fund drive. Come August 2011, I am investing in this organization either way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I would easily pay more for high quality custom cards. However, I'm still waiting for the DotF cards that I donated for, so that is an issue that hopefully will get resolved at some point. Yes, I have contacted the PTB on this, but just haven't heard anything back yet. My big concern is distribution and making sure those that donated money for this actually get their cards. It is a concern that "freeloaders" all over the world have gotten them and their is still some issues with us "lone wolfs" not part of a gaming group.

However, all that being said. I do think these cards are definately worth $25 or more and they should definately ask for that or more to cover their costs. I would definately be willing to pay more in the future if needed (assuming it works out this time).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:27 am 
General
General

LoboStele wrote:
Wedge772 wrote:
Echo wrote:

I'm all for the set amount per set. This shows the exact cost that is needed to make each set and ship.

I know some want it available to those who can't afford it but if the cost is $10 to $12 then it shouldn't be too bad.

I ended up donating through the site after receiving the cards. :) I wouldn't have hit my budget when the kickstar was up.

I would give $10 to 15 dollars for the 60 cards but if the non-uniques where like 5 of each in the set I would jump to $30 to $40 in a heartbeat since I don't need doubles of the uniques. Even thought he cards are great quality and stats are awesome I really can't justify more with the areas lost in players. DCI or competitive play has been unheard of in this area for few years now and the casual is slowing down which is on Fridays when I can't play. Plus my last game I played was at last years Regionals. Right now I'm kinda regulated to collector. :?

Khanbob42You, sir, are amazing :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

FVBonura wrote:
Engineer wrote:

I cant but wonder would it be possible to accept donations for a second printing of DotF?

It might be a good idea If costs are not met for a second printing of DotF, then those donors' contributions would/could/should be rolled over to printing "Virtual Set #3" and their names would likewise be bumped to the top of the list for "Virtual Set #3".

This is a capitalist society after all. Might it not be wise to let the donations do the voting? :D

As far as I am concerned, as long as we know up front we have a chance at a second run of DotF but will default to a V-set #3, there should be no problem with another fund drive. Come August 2011, I am investing in this organization either way.

You also have to figure that some one has to organize all of it. From setting things up for donations, dealing with the printer, and then shiiiping everything out. Then also dealing with the fact that the people the organizer is dealing with are gamers and will never be happy.

A wise man once stated this. If WOTC put $20 bills in the booster, people would complain how the bills were folded.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:27 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I was one of the people who got a set for free, I just PMed dead because I got back in to the game right after the set resease and had no idea what was going on, he just sent me one even when I offerd to pay! I will deffinatly be donating 30$ this time, cant beat that for 70 cards!