logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 200 poin imps
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:03 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i havent really ever played with 200 point teams so im not sure if this is any good

--200 imps--
71 Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force :vader2:
54 Cad Bane
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
31 Arica
5 Imperial Dignitary
3 Ewok
3 Mouse Droid

(199pts. 7 activations)

Post subject: Re: 200 poin imps
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:16 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

you are a little low on activations.

You have plenty of punch but against a squad like a swarm of ig86's you are in serious trouble. But that is also dependent on what is run in your neck of the woods.

Maybe drop Arica for Arden Lynn and some rodian brutes for swapping.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:11 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

There isn't any Mas for the best kind of swap. Guessing you're using mitthThrawn for the Opportunist? Cause with 7 activations and no Accurate Shot, you won't get it off all that much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:25 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Moved to the 200 forum.

I just don't think you can get anywhere with 7 activations and zero door control (Ugo or R7).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

If you want something along those lines, you could try this:

--The Karate Kad--
55 Darth Vader, Scourge of the Jedi
54 Cad Bane
27 Lobot
18 Arden Lyn
8 Mas Amedda
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)

I've found that it's very difficult to use Vader Legacy of the Force in 200pt Imperial squads. I've found Vader Scourge to be much more useful. Lobot can bring in 6 Rodian Brutes for swapping, or else other reinforcements, depending on what you face. Vader is exceptional vs jedi and melee attackers, and Cad can cause heavy damage with opportunist. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:26 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i used that vader for the extra attack so cad will have 6 attcaks instaed of 4, i could take arica out to put lobot in for door control, i use him some what often so what about this

--200 imps--
71 Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force
54 Cad Bane
15 Lobot, Computer Liaison Officer
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
5 Imperial Dignitary
3 Mouse Droid

(199pts. 8 activations)

ozzal gives me better activation control mas for rangeless swap if needed lobot for door control

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

but who will you be swapping with?

You have no swap fodder. You need some rodian brutes in there.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

iwas gonna use im dignitary for swap, im not very good at the swap so i figger i wont get much more then one big swap any way

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

vaderlover2010 wrote:
iwas gonna use im dignitary for swap, im not very good at the swap so i figger i wont get much more then one big swap any way

Perhaps its time to practice. 8 activations and one basic swapper isn't going to help you get better, nor is it going to allow you to use the strengths of the squad to their fullest. And I can tell you, using Ozzel with 8 activations is a bad, bad idea. You are welcome to try it, but it will cost you significantly more than you will gain from it. Drop both of them and the dignitary and go with UH Lobot. Then you can at least bring in 6 swappable activations (including a noble that can shoot with opportunist) and reasonable activations.

13 activations without Ozzel is significantly better than 8 with ozzel. Seems perhaps backwords, but when your primary attacker is a shooter, being able to swap mid round in two activations is superior to forcing yourself to activate 1.

Let me give you a scenario. 8 acts with Ozzel, means at most 8 rounds of activations. If your opponent has 16 or more pieces, or activation control of their own, you are totally sunk.

But even worse than the above, is that your squad becomes 100% predictable, and any opponent with skill, will never give your Cad a shot. Here's the scenario. You hold off as long as possible, move a piece to set up the swap with Cad and Thrawn as the only remaining pieces to activate. Your opponent, looks at the los what is within 6 squares of your swapper, and they convienently move anything in los out of the way. You swap, your opponents moves 2 more pieces out of los if necessary, or begins damaging Cad. You finally activate your Cad, only to have to move 12 just to set up a shot after winning init. You win init, shoot something 6 times, perhaps even kill it, your opponent activates two, kills Cad, and your game is virtually over.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

billiv15 wrote:
vaderlover2010 wrote:

Perhaps its time to practice. 8 activations and one basic swapper isn't going to help you get better, nor is it going to allow you to use the strengths of the squad to their fullest. And I can tell you, using Ozzel with 8 activations is a bad, bad idea. You are welcome to try it, but it will cost you significantly more than you will gain from it. Drop both of them and the dignitary and go with UH Lobot. Then you can at least bring in 6 swappable activations (including a noble that can shoot with opportunist) and reasonable activations.

13 activations without Ozzel is significantly better than 8 with ozzel. Seems perhaps backwords, but when your primary attacker is a shooter, being able to swap mid round in two activations is superior to forcing yourself to activate 1.

Let me give you a scenario. 8 acts with Ozzel, means at most 8 rounds of activations. If your opponent has 16 or more pieces, or activation control of their own, you are totally sunk.

But even worse than the above, is that your squad becomes 100% predictable, and any opponent with skill, will never give your Cad a shot. Here's the scenario. You hold off as long as possible, move a piece to set up the swap with Cad and Thrawn as the only remaining pieces to activate. Your opponent, looks at the los what is within 6 squares of your swapper, and they convienently move anything in los out of the way. You swap, your opponents moves 2 more pieces out of los if necessary, or begins damaging Cad. You finally activate your Cad, only to have to move 12 just to set up a shot after winning init. You win init, shoot something 6 times, perhaps even kill it, your opponent activates two, kills Cad, and your game is virtually over.

Maybe it's time for a series of articles on how to play various combo's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 am 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

--Vader, Cad, and Thrawn--
71 Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force
54 Cad Bane
27 Lobot
8 Mas Amedda
5 Caamasi Noble
3 Rodian Brute

(200pts. 7 activations)

This is my squad like it. I just use all of the activations I can with lobot. Now I do have a small tip for playing, don't go crazy attacking your opponents big guys. They most likely will have more activations than you but you have more heavy hitters. Shoot ugies and other things of the sort with the dip and even Bane at time. No accurate kinda sucks but you can play and do well with they squad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i like that one, but i think instead of casmi ill stick with the dignitary, he , there is no real differance is there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 pm 

vaderlover2010 wrote:
i like that one, but i think instead of casmi ill stick with the dignitary, he , there is no real differance is there?

One is melee, the other is not. I much prefer the Caamasi. Being able to shoot with your noble can be a big factor at times.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:12 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

billiv15 wrote:
vaderlover2010 wrote:

One is melee, the other is not. I much prefer the Caamasi. Being able to shoot with your noble can be a big factor at times.

This. He is useful to take care of the Uggie your opponent has just moved to block Cad's LOS in orter to make him waste 2 of his shots.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:37 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

oh i have never seen the melle on the imp before, well it makes most snese for me to put casmi in, i guess i should have read the card better

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:39 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

but i have a question, how can an uggie block los?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:25 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

vaderlover2010 wrote:
but i have a question, how can an uggie block los?

Unless your miniature has accurate shot, then it can target any enemy that doesn't have cover (or abilities like diplomat), or it can target an enemy with cover as long as it is the nearest enemy.

Hmm, now I think of it blocking LOS was the wrong term. But your enemy can just move any other mini in the way to make sure the mini they want to protect has cover, and isn't the nearest so that you can't shoot it unless you have accurate. It means with Cad you would have to waste 2 of his (or 6) attacks blowing the other protective mini away, meaning you can do less damage to the mini you really want to target. Sorry about my wrong terminology.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:40 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

now that makes more snese i can see how that happens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:56 pm 

Yeah I don't run the one I posted here much but it does work very well. I would rather use scourge of the jedi in vader, cad, and thrown squads.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:42 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i like the idea of 6 attacks with cad and the dip has a chance to take out 2 uggies