logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Some of my Custom Mini ideas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:16 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Here are some of my custom minis ideas. However i'm having a bit of trouble with some of my mini's, some opinions would be appriciated. For starters, I'm not good at determining point costs, suggestions would be appriciated.

Cost: 40
HP: 100
Defense: 20
Attack: 12
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee Attack : This character can attack only adjacent enemies.
Double Attack : On its turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving.
Rapport 5: This character costs 5 points less when this character is in the same squad as a character whose name contains Qui-Gon.
Padawan Synergy: This character gets +4 attack +4 Defense, and can use the force powers of an adjacent character whose name contains Qui-Gon as if they were this characters own, while this character is adjacent to a allied character whose name contains Qui-Gon.
Padawan Empathy Bond: When a character whose name contains Qui-Gon is defeated, this character takes 40 damage, and gains +4 attack, +4 defense, +10 damage, Triple Attack (Instead of moving, this character can make 3 extra attacks this turn) and Deadly attack (This character scores a critical hit on a natural roll of a 19, or 20) for the rest of the skirmish.

Force Powers:
Force 5
Lightsaber Block: Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage on a save of 11.
Lightsaber Deflect: Force 1: When hit by a non-melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11.
Force Leap: Force 1: This turn, this character can move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity.
Knight Speed: Force 1: Can move 4 extra squares on its turn as part of its move.
Cost: 18
Hp: ---
Defense: ---
Attack: ---
Damage: ---

Special Abilities:

Personal Shield: At the start of the skirmish, remove this character from play and choose an ally. That ally gains Shields 2 (When this character takes damage, make 2 saves; each roll of 11 reduces the damage dealt by 10) for the rest of the skirmish. When the chosen ally is defeated, this character is defeated as well.
Cost: 86
HP: 140
Attack: 14

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee Attack: This character can attack only adjacent enemies.
Double attack:: On it's turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving.
Jedi Hunter : +4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings.
Feed on the Force: Whenever a character with a force rating is defeated, this character gains 6 force points.
Force Feed: Once per round, after initiative is determined, you may choose an ally with a force rating. That character is defeated. This character gains force points equal to the number of force points that character had.
Power Feed: This character gains +1 attack and +1 defense for each force point this character has.
Force Starvation: Immidantly when this character activates, this character takes 40 damage if it has no force points.

Force Powers:
Force 6
Force Draining: Whenever this character activates, this character loses 3 force points.
Force Drain: Force 4, range 8, replaces turn. Target character who has a force rating loses all force points and takes damage equal to the number of force points lost times 20. This character then gains force points equal to the number of force points the chosen character lost.
Drain Life X: Force Z, range 6, useable only on this characters turn, X damage to target living enemy, and remove X damage from this character where Z is the number of force points you choose to spend, and X is that number times 10
Sith Rage: Force 1, this character gets +10 damage on all of its attacks this turn.
Cost: 15
HP: 20
Defense: 12
Attack: 0
Damage: 10

Special Abilities:
Speed 8: this character can move 8 squares and attack, or 16 squares and not attack.
Message runner: At the start of the skirmish, choose an allied commander whose commander effect is limited to 6 squares. Followers within 6 squares of this character are under that commander effect. If the chosen commander is defeated, negate this effect.

Messengers have a difficult life, always running messages for the rebellion's leaders, and always on the watch for imperials who would love to capture him.
Cost: 33
Hp: 80
Attack: 10

Special Abilities:
Melee attack: This character can attack only adjacent enemies.
Double Attack: On its turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving.
Twin Attack: Whenever this character attacks, it makes 1 extra attack against the same target.
Lightsaber Duelist: +4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent character with a Force rating.

Force Powers:
Force 3
Lightsaber Assult: Force 1, replaces attacks; Make two attacks.
Lightsaber Sweep :Force 1, replaces attacks: This character can attack every adjacent enemy once.
Lightsaber Block: Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage on a save of 11.
Lightsaber Throw:Force 1, replaces attacks: Attack 1 enemy within 6 squares.
Lightsaber Riposit: Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.

Jedi Duelists have mastered the art of Duel-wielding Lightsabers, and are forever honing their skills to fight against the Sith.

Hp:20
Defense: 10
Attack: 4

Special Abilities:
Droid: Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects.

Cost: 35
Hp: 60
Defense: 17
Attack: 8

Special Abilities:
Range Expertise: +4 attack and +10 damage against a nonadjacent character.
Evade: When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11.
Sniper: Other characters do not provide cover against this character’s attack.
Mobile attack: Can move both before and after attacking.
Deadeye: On this character’s turn, if it doesn’t move, it gets +10 Damage.
Accurate shot: This character can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy.
Careful Shot +4: On this character's turn, if it doesn't move, it gets +4 Attack.
Cost: 14
HP:40
Defense: 14
Attack: 4

Special Abilities:
Melee Reach 2: Enemies up to 2 squares away are considered adjacent for purposes of Melee Attack.
Force Immunity: Enemies cannot affect this character with Force powers, or spend Force points to reroll attacks against this character or to respond to this character's attacks and abilities.
Vonduun Crab Armor 11: When this character takes damage, it can reduce the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11.
Empathy: Allies with Savage within 6 squares lose Savage.
Savage Tamer: range 6, replaces turn, you gain control of target character with savage for the rest of the skirmish, save 6.

The Vuuzhan Vong wont stop with conquering the galaxy, they shale conquer our beasts as well, turning them into monsters to suit their needs.
Cost: 20
Hp: 50
Defense: 14
Attack: 5

Special Abilities:
Force Immunity: Enemies cannot affect this character with Force powers, or spend Force points to reroll attacks against this character or to respond to this character's attacks and abilities.
Vonduun Crab Armor 11: When this character takes damage, it can reduce the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11.
World Shaping: Range 6, usable only on this characters turn. Choose a square, that square becomes cover, a wall, a pit, or a clear square for the rest of the Skirmish.

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

Last edited by Waves_blade on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:52 am, edited 27 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Some of my Custom Mini's.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:56 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Quote:
Personal Shield Generator:
Fringe
Rare

Special Abilities:

Personal Shield: At the start of the skirmish, remove this character from play and choose an ally. That ally gains Shields 2 (When this character takes damage, make 2 saves; each roll of 11 reduces the damage dealt by 10) for the rest of the skirmish. When the chosen ally is defeated, this character is defeated as well.

Wow! thats cool.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Some really interesting ideas there, man. And I mean some really cool ones. Couple problems I see too though.

Waves_blade wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Padawan

Padawan Synergy: This character gets +4 attack +4 Defense, Parry (When this character is hit by a melee attack, it can avoid the damage with a save of 11) and Evade (When hit by an attack from an nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11) while this character is adjacent to a allied character whose name contains Qui-Gon.

I think this is pretty broken dude. That would give him a 24 Defense, with both Parrty/Lightsaber Block and Evade/Lightsaber Deflect. I think gaining the attack, and maybe +2 defense alone is probably enough.

I do like the Empathy Bond though. That one is a sweet idea.

Waves_blade wrote:
Fringe
Rare

Special Abilities:

Cool idea! Could even just make the shield generator have a Speed 6 (or more if you want), and that whatever character it is adjacent to gets to have Shields 2 as long as they are adjacent. Then make it so that if a character is defeated while adjacent to the Personal Shield, then the Shield is automatically defeated.

Waves_blade wrote:
Darth Nihilus, Hungerer
Sith
Very Rare
Defense: 21

Special Abilities:
Unique
Triple Attack: On it's turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving.
Feed on the Force: Whenever a character with a force rating is defeated, this character gains 6 force points.
Force Feed: Once per round, after initiative is determined, you may choose an ally with a force rating. That character is defeated. This character gains force points equal to the number of force points that character had.
Power Feed: This character gains +1 attack and +1 defense for each force point this character has.
Force Starvation: Whenever this character activates, this character takes 40 damage if it has no force points.

Force Powers:
Force 6
Force Draining: Whenever this character activates, this character loses 3 force points.
Force Drain: Force 4, range 8, replaces turn. Target character who has a force rating loses all force points and takes damage equal to the number of force points lost times 20. This character then gains force points equal to the number of force points the chosen character lost.
Drain Life 40: Force 2, range 6, usable only on this characters turn, 40 damage to target living enemy, and remove 40 damage from this character.
Sith Rage: Force 1, this character gets +10 damage on all of its attacks this turn.

Wow.....that is such cool ideas. Force Drain seems a bit beastly though. Perhaps if it was just 10 damage per FP stolen. Especially since Nihilus would be getting the points back anyways (so he would potentially be doing 40 dmg and stealing 4 fps, and only having to 'replace turn', since he'd be gaining those 4 FPs back). Also, Drain Life 40 should be 4 FPs too I think (in line with Force Grip 40 being 4 FPs). Otherwise, I LOVE this version of Nihilus. It would be cool to see WotC do something like this down the road.

Waves_blade wrote:
Jedi Duelist
Old Republic
Uncommon

Special Abilities:
Double Attack: On its turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving.
Twin Attack: Whenever this character attacks, it makes 1 extra attack against the same target.
Lightsaber Duelist: +4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent character with a Force rating.

Force Powers:
Force 3
Lightsaber Sweep :Force 1, replaces attacks: This character can attack every adjacent enemy once.
Lightsaber Riposit: Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.

7 pts to gain Twin, Throw, 1 pt of defense? Not bad. I like. :D

Waves_blade wrote:
Range Combat Expert
Mandalorian
Uncommon

Special Abilities:
Evade: When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11.
Accurate shot: This character can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy.
Careful Shot +4: On this character's turn, if it doesn't move, it gets +4 Attack.

I LOVE the Range Expertise ability. Cool idea. Not sure if a 12 pt increase over the Supercommando is enough to offset all the extras this guy gets. Probably pretty close though. A +16 attack for 40 dmg against a non-adjacent enemy is pretty cool though. :)

Waves_blade wrote:
Vuuzhan Vong Beastmaster

Savage Tamer: range 6, replaces turn, you gain control of target character with savage, save 6.

I really like this guy too. I am assuming with Savage Tamer that you gain control of the Savage piece for the rest of the skirmish? Like a reverse of Betrayal? Neat idea. Could also do it like Dominate, but with a Save 16, so that a target Savage piece gets an immediate attack/turn or something. Very cool though.

Overall, great job man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:55 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I love Nihilus, he's amazing, for the custom mini I would suggest a reposed Nihilus with Lightning around him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:39 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

LoboStele wrote:
Some really interesting ideas there, man. And I mean some really cool ones. Couple problems I see too though.

Waves_blade wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Padawan

Padawan Synergy: This character gets +4 attack +4 Defense, Parry (When this character is hit by a melee attack, it can avoid the damage with a save of 11) and Evade (When hit by an attack from an nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11) while this character is adjacent to a allied character whose name contains Qui-Gon.

I think this is pretty broken dude. That would give him a 24 Defense, with both Parrty/Lightsaber Block and Evade/Lightsaber Deflect. I think gaining the attack, and maybe +2 defense alone is probably enough.

I do like the Empathy Bond though. That one is a sweet idea.

Waves_blade wrote:
Fringe
Rare

Special Abilities:

Cool idea! Could even just make the shield generator have a Speed 6 (or more if you want), and that whatever character it is adjacent to gets to have Shields 2 as long as they are adjacent. Then make it so that if a character is defeated while adjacent to the Personal Shield, then the Shield is automatically defeated.

Waves_blade wrote:
Darth Nihilus, Hungerer
Sith
Very Rare
Defense: 21

Special Abilities:
Unique
Triple Attack: On it's turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving.
Force Starvation: Whenever this character activates, this character takes 40 damage if it has no force points.

Force Powers:
Force 6
Drain Life 40: Force 2, range 6, usable only on this characters turn, 40 damage to target living enemy, and remove 40 damage from this character.

Wow.....that is such cool ideas. Force Drain seems a bit beastly though. Perhaps if it was just 10 damage per FP stolen. Especially since Nihilus would be getting the points back anyways (so he would potentially be doing 40 dmg and stealing 4 fps, and only having to 'replace turn', since he'd be gaining those 4 FPs back). Also, Drain Life 40 should be 4 FPs too I think (in line with Force Grip 40 being 4 FPs). Otherwise, I LOVE this version of Nihilus. It would be cool to see WotC do something like this down the road.

Waves_blade wrote:
Jedi Duelist
Old Republic
Uncommon

Special Abilities:

Force Powers:
Force 3

7 pts to gain Twin, Throw, 1 pt of defense? Not bad. I like. :D

Waves_blade wrote:
Range Combat Expert
Mandalorian
Uncommon

Special Abilities:

I LOVE the Range Expertise ability. Cool idea. Not sure if a 12 pt increase over the Supercommando is enough to offset all the extras this guy gets. Probably pretty close though. A +16 attack for 40 dmg against a non-adjacent enemy is pretty cool though. :)

Waves_blade wrote:
Vuuzhan Vong Beastmaster

Savage Tamer: range 6, replaces turn, you gain control of target character with savage, save 6.

I really like this guy too. I am assuming with Savage Tamer that you gain control of the Savage piece for the rest of the skirmish? Like a reverse of Betrayal? Neat idea. Could also do it like Dominate, but with a Save 16, so that a target Savage piece gets an immediate attack/turn or something. Very cool though.

Overall, great job man!

Mkay i do see several of your points.

For Obi-Wan: I thought only one could go off, not both. I thought you choose whether to evade or Deflect/ Parry or block. If both would be able to work then yes agree, that would be pretty nutz.

PSG: Well i wanted this to be a personal shield generator for one person. However your suggestion gives me an idea. The gungan shield generator from SW Phantom menace could be an interesting mini.

Nihilus: Well i wanted to express his power, the current Nihilus is a poor excuss of Nihilus, so i made this one. Nihilus was so powerful he drained an entire world with a word. Thus force drain is extreamly powerful. As for Drain life, yeah... I just wanted him to have a cheap way to get life back fast. Hmm mabye comming up with a different ability that does the same thing just for Nihilus.

JD: I know i enjoyed thinking this one up. An supped up old republic version of JWM, who excels in melee combat. Gets murdered by range without deflect, a way to offset his amazing melee potential.

RCE: There are plenty of figures who are undercosted. Tis time the good o'l Mandos got one. XD

VVBM: woops that should say untill the rest of the skirmish, gona go edit that now.

Thx for the feedback, can you however respond to me question about evade/deflect, parry/block.

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:12 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Waves_blade wrote:
For Obi-Wan: I thought only one could go off, not both. I thought you choose whether to evade or Deflect/ Parry or block. If both would be able to work then yes agree, that would be pretty nutz.

The combination of Evade and Deflect is currently available with Luke, Hero of Yavin and Wedge Antilles. I'm pretty sure you can use both. You might alter the Padawan Synergy such that Obi-Wan could use Qui-Gon's Force Points, or that he gets Renewal or something.

Waves_blade wrote:
Nihilus: Well i wanted to express his power, the current Nihilus is a poor excuss of Nihilus, so i made this one. Nihilus was so powerful he drained an entire world with a word. Thus force drain is extreamly powerful. As for Drain life, yeah... I just wanted him to have a cheap way to get life back fast. Hmm mabye comming up with a different ability that does the same thing just for Nihilus.

That's cool, and I understand where you're going. But there's a difference between powerful, and broken. 40 damage for 2 Force Points is approaching broken, I think, especially when there is no way for an opponent to avoid that damage, AND it is useable even after Nihilus attacks. You're basically allowing Nihilus to kill a JWM in one round (that's assuming the JWM blocks one of the three attacks, or alternatively, Nihilus uses Drain Life 2 rounds in a row and then adds one attack in there). Heh...I just now noticed that he also has Jedi Hunter and Sith Rage for 40 damage attacks. Ouch. You realize he can do 160 damage to a Jedi in one turn then, right? Perhaps if you make Drain Life a 'replaces attacks' ability, then it might be OK.

Something to think about is to pair this Nihilus up against 3 JWMs. It should be a relatively even match for the number of points you've given him.

Waves_blade wrote:
RCE: There are plenty of figures who are undercosted. Tis time the good o'l Mandos got one. XD

Hahahaha, too true. Like I said, I like it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

LoboStele wrote:
Waves_blade wrote:

The combination of Evade and Deflect is currently available with Luke, Hero of Yavin and Wedge Antilles. I'm pretty sure you can use both. You might alter the Padawan Synergy such that Obi-Wan could use Qui-Gon's Force Points, or that he gets Renewal or something.

Waves_blade wrote:

That's cool, and I understand where you're going. But there's a difference between powerful, and broken. 40 damage for 2 Force Points is approaching broken, I think, especially when there is no way for an opponent to avoid that damage, AND it is useable even after Nihilus attacks. You're basically allowing Nihilus to kill a JWM in one round (that's assuming the JWM blocks one of the three attacks, or alternatively, Nihilus uses Drain Life 2 rounds in a row and then adds one attack in there). Heh...I just now noticed that he also has Jedi Hunter and Sith Rage for 40 damage attacks. Ouch. You realize he can do 160 damage to a Jedi in one turn then, right? Perhaps if you make Drain Life a 'replaces attacks' ability, then it might be OK.

Something to think about is to pair this Nihilus up against 3 JWMs. It should be a relatively even match for the number of points you've given him.

Waves_blade wrote:

Hahahaha, too true. Like I said, I like it. :D

Hmmm well i think i probaly should change Obi-Wan's ability a wee bit then. OOO that just gave me a great idea.... Im gona go edit main post after this post.

As or Nihilus, agreed, i'm suprised drain life wasn't a replace attack ability when WOTC made the ability. However i dont think i should reword an already made ability. I'll work on it.

EDIT:
Well before i edited the Drain Life ability, Nihilus could stomp JWM's easy, depending on initiative. Now.... He probaly still could, be more of a close match though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:56 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ooh, one more thing, on Nihilus, how do you intend for the interaction between Force Starvation and Force Draining to work? Both are 'when this character activates' abilities. I might combine them into one thing that says "When this character activates if it has 0 Force Points, this character takes 40 damage. If it has any number of Force Points greater than 0, this character loses 3 Force Points instead." That way it's a singular ability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:56 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Hmmm good point. However cant the owner of the mini choose which effect goes off first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:09 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Hmm, I like like these stats. They look pretty solid. Personal shield and Nihilus are crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:39 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Nihilus's force powers are good, but I don't think he should have jedi hunter and triple, since Nihilus wasn't really that great of a fighter in Kotor 2, actually he was a really easy boss. But I like the force powers though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:36 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Xanthan wrote:
Nihilus's force powers are good, but I don't think he should have jedi hunter and triple, since Nihilus wasn't really that great of a fighter in Kotor 2, actually he was a really easy boss. But I like the force powers though.

This makes a lot of sense, but I agree that Nihilus was bad-ass (in theory) and needs to be represented for his off screen antics from Kotor 2. I wish he had been a harder boss since he looks so cool! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:49 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Xanthan wrote:

You have a point, ill keep Jedi Hunter, but triple is probaly to much, he would by far outshine even Bane in damage if he kept triple. So I changed Nihilus up again, and I think i now have a pretty good Version of him. However, he keeps Jedi Hunter for a Reason. Nihilus Hunted down Jedi to feed on them, so it would make sense that he had it.