Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/97697/the-new-empire

Input, please?

Post subject: Re: A new Empire
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:00 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well I think you need another atacker. A shooter of some sort like arica, wth lord vader as your only real atacker he will go down fast with no defensive abilities. I don't know why you have nyna calixte in your squad she isn't doing much of anything. Scouts or storm commandos work good wth her. If you just plan on replacing her with the admiral then who do you plan to bring in and I wouldn't build a squad just to take someone out. I would build a squad that you think is good and can win with then if you see a particular matchup that is highly against you then you replace someone to give you the advantage.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:47 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

lancer/yobuck squads or accurate shooter squads will eat this for lunch with an average of less than 15 defence and only one attacker. I am assuming you were going to swap vader in and out alot relying on his offensive ability, but when he is the only threat, he is also the only target. figure out a way to work in something else as a distraction for your opponents :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:51 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Working on it, and I put Nya in there for accurate shooters.

How would Nautolan Black sun Vigo's go in this squad?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:48 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

I am happy to review squads, but I'm not following a link. Please post the squad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:59 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nyna would only help against acc. Shot if your guys had stealth. The n.b.s.v. will be the same thing not helping your guys out. Look for some kind of synergy wth your squad. If you want nyna then I would put in storm commandos or other people wth stealth that can fully benifit from nyna. If you put in the n.b.s.v. You would also want to put xizor in there. Giving a few of your scrubs (gran raiders) black sun won't help if you don't hve anything to help black sun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:51 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

K, the squad was also edited, a lot.

--The new Empire--
71 Lord Vader
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
21 Han Solo, Gambler
16 Admiral Gilad Pellaeon
14 Scout Trooper Officer
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
10 Caamasi Noble x2
5 Imperial Dignitary
8 Gran Raider x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 14 activations)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:51 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's better, but still has a few loose ends. The scout trooper officer doesn't fit or seem worth it to me. His commander effect is wasted and he doesn't benifit from lord vader. True he has super stealth himself but doesn't seem worth it in my opinion and I don't think you need 3 diplomats if you take out 2 diplomats and the scout officer that frees up 24 more points for another gun. Or I like the amanin scout better than than scout officer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Err...that may or may not be an issue. If I take out the scout trooper officer, this squad gets sensitive to accurate shot, and I use the diplomats to help counter Yobuck squads. I did intend to make this squad defensive since there is almost no synergy available to get the perfect balance of offense and defense, at least that I know of.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:07 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How is the squad any different to accurate shot if it's only one character. With the scout officer in the rest of your squad is still weak to accurate shot and if I had a yobuck squad I would ignore the diplomats as I'm not worried about them hitting me that much. I'd smack vader and swap out. It seems to me that your trying different defensive themes in the squad. I would pick one maybe 2 and go from there you could go stealth and put arica in and scouts and grans and put in nyna for super stealth. If you wanted to go with scouts then you could put in the scout officer giving all your scouts super stealth. Another way to deal with yobuck is to put in a lot of guys that have 30 or more hit pnts. I've seen squads that have the twilek black sun Vigos, xizor, and a vader wth ozzel. Opportunist 20 and evade and 40 hp is a good combo of offense and defenese against a lot of squads. I suggested the amanin scout cause he has stealth would get super stealth wth nyna if you want, his 40 hp is a counter to yobuck plus he has a better chance of hitting yobuck, and then of course his wheel form with wall climber is great for deep strike swapping. If you wanted to go with evade then you could go wth the 181st pilots which could do 40 dam. With twin. If you wanted to try the t.b.s.v. Then I would switch lord vader out wth vader legacy to give them more atk. But in general I don't think the imp faction is a def type per say more of wait to strike then strike fast and hard type of squad. Anyways I'm not trying to sound mean if I do. I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:20 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Hmm, I didn't think Twi-Lek Black Sun vigo's could be used competitively. I'll build a seperate squad and test them out and see how it goes. Also, most Yobuck squads don't have anyone with accurate shot, so I considered setting the diplomats in a wall-like formation with stealth pieces behind so he could never get past. Now when you said I was using defensive themes, what exactly did you mean? Against accurate shot squads, I had considered using the officer to move behind the diplomats and then swapping out so I wouldn't have issues. Now, force sense, you just made me think of, so I'm gonna no even more editing, and thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:01 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Drop the R7 and work in Lobot UH( you might not have Lobot UH i understand then)
This will let you build vs squads than just having the same thing all the time. This will allow you to bring in Crumb or something else if you want.

Then I think you need to work on the second attacker
I dont like Han in this.I think Ruhk or lyn would do a lot better job for that. So you could play Nyna and go with Ruhk or Lyn if you dont want to swap out Vader. I understand you would be all melee but I still like them better than Han. If your looking for a shooter that can get double go with NBSV then he can have double twin cunning/opp.

Attackers
Rukh
Palpy in Chair swap in Arica where ever you put Palpy
Noghri Warrior(80 damage attacker bye bye Rex and Dash)
Bossk from DT
Arica
Jarael
Imp Knight Master
Lyn
TBSV
NBSV
geo Assassin
Storm Commando

I dont see the point in STO outside of getting ozzel for him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:44 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Thanks, a list of decent secondary attackers helps a lot, the only issue I have now is who to put in if I wanna remove someone for Ozzel?