PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:03 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

An adaptation of the old 150 pt C.R.U.B.L.s squad

Crazy Levitating Uber $!#%# w/Sabers

Mara Jade, Jedi
Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi
Ganner Rhysode

and.....??? It leaves me with about 70 points. Door control, Dodonna??? and ???

I could make it
C.E.L.E.B.s

Crazy Evading Levitating Elite $!#%# w/Sabers
and add Leia Skywalker and Wedge

which only leaves 22 points for door control and mice....

Post subject: Re: C.L.U.B.s/C.E.L.E.B.s
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:14 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Need a gun IMO

Dash or something. Perhaps Ben Skywalker?

Then Dodonna, lobot etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:16 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

fingersandteeth wrote:
Need a gun IMO

Dash or something. Perhaps Ben Skywalker?

Then Dodonna, lobot etc.

Lol, yeah, we need more female Shooters...Aurra...

Ben puts a lot of Cunning in my squad...with all the MT running around...

Technically Mara is a shooter :) 80 at range isn't awful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:28 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Dash and Jagged Fel take me down to 32 points...just doesn't feel like it cuts it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I really like this squad concept; we used it the other night in a 2-vs-2 game. That squad used Wedge, but the Vong copied that CE, which made their JHs into unstoppable tanks, so Wedge was more of a hindrance than an asset. Jaina has mobile and Mara has stealth, so I'm not sure Wedge would be worth all of his points. Therefore, here is what I'd go with:

56 Jaina SotJ
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
28 Dash RS
10 Jagged Fel
09 Dodonna
08 R7 Droid
09 Ugnaught x3
06 Mouse x2 (for Vong irritation)

200pts, 12 activations

Good survivability with all the main pieces having either Stealth or Mobile. Plenty of range with Jaina/Mara each able to move 12 and lay down heavy damage, or Jaina moving 18 to kill a key piece while Mara advances or shoots. Cunning/Opportunist options, and plenty of door control (levitating Ugnaughts is not a waste of FP when the time is right).

I know, it's basically the same as the Kyle version that Wes Morgan played very well with at Gencon (downgrading a Caamasi for Uggie to allow for Jaina's extra 2 pts)...but it's a solid squad. And this one has a whole lot more flexible damage output than the Kyle version, albeit at the loss of Disruptive. However, with the advent of the Yammosk and Bastila's Advanced Battle Meditation, I think we'll be seeing less squads that are heavily dependent upon CEs. In that meta, I think Jaina is definitely superior to Kyle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

The fun thing about this squad is that I don't like the old Jaina's figure so I used another Mara JAde and painted her hair brown. So I have two Mara's running around the board. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

56 Jaina SotJ
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
38 Kol Skywalker
09 Dodonna
08 R7 Droid
09 Ugnaught x3
06 Mouse x2 (for Vong irritation)

Play a Melee favoring map, and figure I may see a lot of those in the new meta if I lose map.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:46 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

thereisnotry wrote:
I really like this squad concept; we used it the other night in a 2-vs-2 game. That squad used Wedge, but the Vong copied that CE, which made their JHs into unstoppable tanks, so Wedge was more of a hindrance than an asset. Jaina has mobile and Mara has stealth, so I'm not sure Wedge would be worth all of his points. Therefore, here is what I'd go with:

I don't think your point is particularly wrong about the squad not needing Wedge, but I'm primarily surprised by the reasoning. I can't imagine evade was particularly dangerous against your almost entirely melee centered squad. I guess you were trying to play keep away as long as possible?

But anyway, I don't think that squad needs Wedge anyway - the points would be better spent on another shooter, as you did in the squad you posted.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:52 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

billiv15 wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

I don't think your point is particularly wrong about the squad not needing Wedge, but I'm primarily surprised by the reasoning. I can't imagine evade was particularly dangerous against your almost entirely melee centered squad. I guess you were trying to play keep away as long as possible?

But anyway, I don't think that squad needs Wedge anyway - the points would be better spent on another shooter, as you did in the squad you posted.

Yeah, I was surprised too, I'd have been more likely to copy Dodonna...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Very true about the NR squad being melee-centric, but it was a team game (OR & NR vs Sith and Vong), with the OR squad having Atton and Dash (the NR had Ben Skywalker). The main reason that Mobile/Evade was so effective on the Vong was because it nerfed the opponents` shooters, which would`ve eaten the vong alive otherwise. Atton took an Ambush quad Cunning attack vs a JH, and he did a whole 40dmg, after the saves; Atton could`ve killed 2 JHs if not for the evades. Almost all the JHs (5 of them, plus Shedao) reached combat at full hp, which spelled doom for Ganner and Mara. After putting 40 dmg on Revan, Jaina died to the Sith's Dash (w Bandon) and Sith Acolyte.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thereisnotry wrote:
Very true about the NR squad being melee-centric, but it was a team game (OR & NR vs Sith and Vong), with the OR squad having Atton and Dash (the NR had Ben Skywalker). The main reason that Mobile/Evade was so effective on the Vong was because it nerfed the opponents` shooters, which would`ve eaten the vong alive otherwise. Atton took an Ambush quad Cunning attack vs a JH, and he did a whole 40dmg, after the saves; Atton could`ve killed 2 JHs if not for the evades. Almost all the JHs (5 of them, plus Shedao) reached combat at full hp, which spelled doom for Ganner and Mara. After putting 40 dmg on Revan, Jaina died to the Sith's Dash (w Bandon) and Sith Acolyte.

Remember though Ambush is only vs 1 enemy.

I think if im vong id always take evade if i had the option. Ill deal with being outacting i just want to be able to make it across the map.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:00 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Here's another idea, although, I don't know if I like it as much due to stacking Cunning rather than Cunning/Opportunist and loosing some activations:

56 Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 9 activations)

Han in my opinion has become a very solid mini in today's game due to"Never Tell Me the Odds" overrulling initiative-manipulating heavy squads. Plus you gain the disruptive. You essentially trade out an end-of-the-round shooter for a beginning-of-the-round shooter. The way I would play it is to activate first with Han early in the game to try to tag key pieces off (with the combo of Ganner, GMA, Cunning, and Accurate you may have some game changing shots). As the opposing squad comes within range of melee, Ganner/Mara start your squads rounds for you followed by Jaina to clean up. At this point, Han becomes a scrub killer or finisher of almost-dead-beats and his disruptive becomes his biggest asset to his squad especially when encountering CE heavy Yuuzhan Vong/Rupbulic etc.

You are short on activations, so you have to make sure whatever you do at the beginning of the round cripples your opponent as much as possible.