logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Anakin Solo, Jedi Knight
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:01 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I considered "Hero of Myrkr" but how many Anakin Solo's can you make really...

Anakin Solo, Jedi Knight New Republic 58
HP: 90
Def: 18
Att: +9
Dam: 20

Unique; Melee Attack; Twin Attack
Pilot
Affinity (Non-unique Yuzaahn Vong of cost 5 or less may be in your squad regardless of faction)
One With the Force (For every 20 damage currently on this character he gains +1 to Force Renewal. For every 30 damage currently on this character he gains +1 to Master of the Force)
Vong Hunter
Vongsense

Force Powers
Force 4; Force Renewal 0; Master of the Force 1
Force Meld (Force 3, Replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, characters within 6 (including this character) with a Force Rating gain +4 Attack and +4 Damage for each other character within 6 with a Force Rating. This ability ends when a character benefiting from this effect is defeated.)
Force Bubble
Unleash the Force

Definately needs to be at least 58, but is he currently worth it?

Post subject: Re: Anakin Solo, Jedi Knight
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Very interesting ideas. Would be a real pain in the rear remembering what level of MOTF and Renewal he was currently at. I like it though. Looks like you're intending Force Meld to be a 'Force Ability' type of power? Seems a bit wordy though, as if they gain the ability within 6 of Anakin, then they will always have a character with a Force Rating within 6. Unless of course you're intending for it to be stackable, such that people could get a +8/12 etc. That could be fairly broken, IMO, making pieces like the new Jaina or Jacen all but invincible. I guess it sort of makes sense, and ends up putting a huge target on Anakin's head. Certainly an interesting premise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:57 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

LoboStele wrote:
Very interesting ideas. Would be a real pain in the rear remembering what level of MOTF and Renewal he was currently at.

Yeah, I'm a hard sleeve and dry erase marker kind of guy. Hence why I went ahead and added Force Renewal 0 and Master fo the Force 1 so I can just mark over them. I suppose it's no different that the similar Embrace of Pain.

LoboStele wrote:
I like it though. Looks like you're intending Force Meld to be a 'Force Ability' type of power? Seems a bit wordy though, as if they gain the ability within 6 of Anakin, then they will always have a character with a Force Rating within 6. Unless of course you're intending for it to be stackable, such that people could get a +8/12 etc. That could be fairly broken, IMO, making pieces like the new Jaina or Jacen all but invincible. I guess it sort of makes sense, and ends up putting a huge target on Anakin's head. Certainly an interesting premise.

Yeah, it is confusing. The intent was for it to be stackable hence why it got the within 6 restriction. So basically, Jedi within 6 of Anakin can get +4 +4 from each Jedi within 6 of them.

Jaina, SOTJ is within 6 of Anakin and within 6 of Jacen Solo, JK. Jaina recieves a +8/+8, but Jacen, being 12 away from Anakin recieves no boost. Anakin would recieve +4 +4 from Jaina (edit: had to go back and change the wording to reflect this)

I toyed with it having a Relay Orders effect, where each Jedi within 6 of Anakin gained the same text, but it just got ridiculous at that point. I wanted to give Anakin some kind of ability where he was always considered the nearest enemy to Vong characters, but didn' t make sense for him and may fit better with Ganner.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:33 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'd just be afraid of someone playing them all bunched up together.

Imagine Jaina SOTJ, Jacen JK, Leia JK, and Anakin JK all in a small group, especially with the update to where Anakin gets the boost as well.

Leia allows everybody to re-roll their saves. Everyone's getting +12 to Attack and Defense. That means that pretty much none of the group are going to get hit, except for criticals, even from big shooters like Han, Boba, Cad, etc., especially if they have cover on top of these boosts.

Just seems way too powerful, IMO, for it to be granted to all Force allies within 6, AND stackable. Then again, There are ways to get Bariss Offee up that high in Def as well, so I don't know. Running all 4 of those pieces would be a lot of points. But it would be just as simple as running Anakin JK with some Feluican Warriors or some such.

Still, like I said, neat idea, but open to possible abuse, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

LoboStele wrote:
But it would be just as simple as running Anakin JK with some Feluican Warriors or some such.

Lol, love this! Though the effect does end when one is defeated you can squeeze a lof of Felucians within 6 of each other. Maybe add Uniqe as a requirement?

Story wise it definately makes sense that Anakin recieve the bonus as well, and you're right it's no different than anything Barriss Can get...

Also, I could reword it to lose the first within 6 restriction and it not be stackable:

Force Meld (Force 3, Replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, Characters with a Force Rating (including this character) gain +4 Attack and +4 Defense as long as they are within 6 of another character with a Force rating . This ability ends when a character benefiting from this effect is defeated.)

Seems kind of meh at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I actually prefer the 'within 6' restriction of Anakin, as it fits the flavor of him sort of being the key that held the Mykyr assault team together.

Would simply have to be play-tested in order to know how broken it was. I didn't catch the "ability ends when a character benefiting from this effect is defeated" bit, so that would definitely make using things like Felucian Warriors a lot more risky. Could always hide them behind a wall though, lol.

Maybe toss in some sort of restriction like they gain the +4 Attack and +4 Defense, but they also gain Speed 2 or 4 or something, or their speed is halved maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:03 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

LoboStele wrote:
I actually prefer the 'within 6' restriction of Anakin, as it fits the flavor of him sort of being the key that held the Mykyr assault team together.

Would simply have to be play-tested in order to know how broken it was. I didn't catch the "ability ends when a character benefiting from this effect is defeated" bit, so that would definitely make using things like Felucian Warriors a lot more risky. Could always hide them behind a wall though, lol.

Maybe toss in some sort of restriction like they gain the +4 Attack and +4 Defense, but they also gain Speed 2 or 4 or something, or their speed is halved maybe.

Yuck, definately don't like that, but I am bigger fan of within 6. +4 +4 within 6 doesn't seem like much though does it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:46 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Ok, so I think I want to go back to Force Meld when I intended for it to chain. Now what's the best way to word it?

In other words, once Anakin activates it, as long as you can count 6 between Jedi each one benefits from the +4 +4. Jacen is within 6 of Anakin, and Jaina is within 6 of Jacen but not Anakin she still gets +4+4

I still want it to make Anakin the focus, so it ends if you defeat a Jedi or ends permanently if you kill anakin.