logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: SWEET GLORY!!!!!!! 13-0!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:31 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

yes Big Ten Fans your 0 fer continues!!!!!

TCU 13-0!!!!!

2011 Rose Bowl Champs!!!!!!

Yes I am freakin thrilled..... the best bowl game so far this year!!!! Go Tank Carder you rock!!!!!

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

Post subject: Re: SWEET GLORY!!!!!!! 13-0!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:06 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

dnemiller wrote:

TCU 13-0!!!!!

Yes I am freakin thrilled..... the best bowl game so far this year!!!! Go Tank Carder you rock!!!!!

Even though I have been a Michigan fan all my life I will admit the Big Ten has become a joke, especially with all the changes that have happened recently. Leaders and Legends? There will never be a V-set name cornier than that. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

TCU 13-0!!!!!

Even though I have been a Michigan fan all my life I will admit the Big Ten has become a joke, especially with all the changes that have happened recently. Leaders and Legends? There will never be a V-set name cornier than that. :)

I feel your pain I have been a TCU fan all my life. Back in the days of the Southwest Conference a great year was going 6-6. That meant we had been competitive. Most years were more like beat Rice..... lose the rest.

Thanks to Dennis Franchoni and then followed by Gary Patterson I dont have to suffer any more. Even though I would have liked to played for a National Title.... I will take 13-0 and number 2 gladly.

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:29 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I'm Very disappointed that Both Michigan St And Michigan got destoyed. D antonio hasn't won a bowl yet for state and Rodrigues???????????????????????????????????? Hopefully next year will be Jim Harbaugh...

Notice how the thread got Hijacked to a Michigan Football thread.. JK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:35 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

qvos wrote:
I'm Very disappointed that Both Michigan St And Michigan got destoyed. D antonio hasn't won a bowl yet for state and Rodrigues???????????????????????????????????? Hopefully next year will be Jim Harbaugh...

Notice how the thread got Hijacked to a Michigan Football thread.. JK

As a MSU fan, that's not surprising. MSU has little room for error, and we lost our best receiver earlier in the week. Coupled with Alabama fully healthy and playing like Bama 09, and there isn't a team in the country that was gonna win that game. But when we lost Cousins in the 2nd quarter, the game was over. MSU has talent on par with many of the top teams in the country, but they aren't terribly deep. Luckily, they bring a ton of guys back next year, and we have some good incoming talent (redshirts and recruits).

As an MSU fan, I was not at all surprised by the outcome. It looked just like the Iowa game. MSU got behind, tried to throw it all over, and their offensive line couldn't handle a full on press when the opposing team knows they have to pass. MSU needs to play with the lead generally.

But let's not forget that this was a home game for Alabama, playing for pride and desperately needing a win. For MSU it was a vacation that they had to play football at the end of.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:59 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LOL I find it hilarious that this warrants a Global Announcement thread. :P

Funny thing though....I had to resist teasing my dad when he posted on Facebook on Saturday something about rooting for the Big Ten teams in general. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 am 

LoboStele wrote:

Funny thing though....I had to resist teasing my dad when he posted on Facebook on Saturday something about rooting for the Big Ten teams in general. :lol:

Still don't understand what that means. :) As a fan of MSU, my only saving grace on Sat was that UM was getting beat just as bad as MSU. That makes it hurt a little less. I don't know any MSU fan who would ever root for UM, or vice versa.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I was talking to some of the people here that I work with, as they are almost all Oregon Duck fans. It was a mix of bag of people who would root for the conference to win their bowl games, mostly because it makes the conference look better and in turn makes the Ducks look better. (I blame that on the BS err I mean BCS.) Then there were another group of people that would never root for another competitor in the conference.

I am not a huge college fan so I can only relate to it on a Pro level, I am a fan of The Stinkhawks.. err I mean Seahawks, I would never root for another team in my division, but in the playoffs I might root for someone who is my division if I like their story or a player. Like the Cardinals a couple of years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

LoboStele wrote:
LOL I find it hilarious that this warrants a Global Announcement thread. :P

I checked with the owner and he being the world's biggest TCU fan fully backed it.

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:17 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Azavander wrote:
I am not a huge college fan so I can only relate to it on a Pro level, I am a fan of The Stinkhawks.. err I mean Seahawks, I would never root for another team in my division, but in the playoffs I might root for someone who is my division if I like their story or a player. Like the Cardinals a couple of years ago.

Hey atleast the seahawks got into the playoffs with a 7-9 record. Think about the Giants and Bucks...they and their fans have to be really pissed going 10-6 and not get in in the same conference. I actually would like to see Seattle go all the way. It would be funny as hell to see the worst team in the history of the playoffs win it all. LOL