logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Renegades and Rogues Playtesting!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:21 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Hello everyone!

Although it's been just a brief 2 weeks since Destiny of the Force was officially released, we've gotten the go-ahead to begin early playtesting for V-set #2, Renegades and Rogues! This time around the lead playtesters will be myself and Weeks. I'll be covering most of the input from the SWM Gamers community, while he gets everything going with our friends over at Bloomilk.

We've already gotten feedback from Bill regarding his experience in this position, which includes the names of the people who were good at reporting back with results. Those people will certainly be asked to help again, but that doesn't mean they will be the only ones. If you are interested in playtesting, either post here or send me a PM. We'll need information about your play group, including how often you play, how "competitively" you play (note that input from both casual play groups and highly competitive groups will be needed), the size of your group, etc. If you don't have much of a local play group but can get on Vassal regularly, that's great, too.

Please keep in mind that just offering to help doesn't me you will get the chance to. We probably won't need everyone, so you might not be asked to help, but you definitely won't be able to help if you don't offer! After Weeks and I get a good list of people to help we'll start sending out stats and get the ball rolling.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

Post subject: Re: Renegades and Rogues Playtesting!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:58 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'll ask our local group again, but I won't commit them to anything yet. They all flaked out on me with DOTF. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:01 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

We were able to do limited playtesting and the College Football season decimated our play group (happens with all these Duck fans in this town) and we did not get alot done, that being said with football season is over and we would be happy to volunteer again if you would like but would understand if we are not selected.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:51 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Also if You volunteer but we don't have anything you can help with right off, there might be people who flake out on is and you might hear from us as a proverbial "relief pitcher."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:28 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i play competitively with tim and deri (timmerb123 and fingersandteeth) and just for fun with a couple of other guys who are not on swmgamers. tim has already said that he would love to do some playtesting with me and i know that the non competitive guys would join me as well.

I am totally interested in playtesting for this next set so please just let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:37 pm 
Lancer Nation
Lancer Nation

I would like to help but I'm not sure how this semester will go yet so if you have some small stuff I should be able to help.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:46 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

My group and I would love to help. I'm in northern va and organizing the Northern VA regionals. I have a playgroup of 15-20. Mostly caual, but there are quite a few of us who are competitive. Six of us went to the PA regionals. Two made the finals, and 1 won the tournament. I'm not sure if anyone else from my group is on your list, but we would love to help. We run tournaments every other week, and get together casually whenever we can outside of that.

Roy

AFM: drkjedi35
Bloomilk: swrogue57

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:46 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I'll throw my lot in. My playgroups small but we try to diversify what we use. for the most part we play for fun but we can swing competitive. my group is three people, in the central new york area. We play about 2 to three times a week. I'm sure if my cousin helps me we could get some vassal playtesting done as well. Trust me I have a lot of time at work to think about squad synergies. Love working at a wal mart warehouse.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:30 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

LoboStele wrote:
I'll ask our local group again, but I won't commit them to anything yet. They all flaked out on me with DOTF. :(

You can play on Vassal with me :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:22 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Our group of Guys would love to help playtest if you need us too. Myself and My brother in LAw(Trey 22) Have been playing for about 6 years or so. We try and play at leasy 1 time a week. When he lived in California, We would play every week on Vassal. Now that he is here in MI, we play in person. We play by competitive rules for the most part. We play a lot of games for fun. Some higher point games some lower including Dynamic Duo. We would be glad to help out and submit play reports if you need us. Thank you guys for the work you put in.
Roy Barron(Qvos)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:28 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

I posteed over at the milk but will post here as well. Would love to help playtest again this time around. Just let me know what you need.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:00 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I only really casual games against a couple of guys at home, but if you want a UK tester for casualness, then I'd be willing to help :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:34 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I'd volunteer my group again, but we have stopped meeting regularly, at least for the time being, and I dont use Vassall much.

Id be willing to discuss the stats in question, or play a few games with the pieces, but I doubt it would be enough to warrant giving them to me and mine.

Also, its probably more from a desire to see the stats early opposed to knowing I could get much playtesting done. :(

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:28 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

interesting name for the set. are we finally going to see the zhan consortium sub faction.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:40 pm 

hi, i don't know if it's too late to ask, but i'd be interested if you need any "backup" playtesters. I don't have a playgroup (only play with a certain friend of mine), but i can get on VASSAL weekly. shoot me a PM if you ever need me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:12 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hi there, we are a group of 7 players in the Czech Republic, we play every week with bigger tournament every month (about 15-20 players). 29 players attended last nationals. My group is leading in trends, highly competitive. If you want insight from us, please feel free to contact me. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Echo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Although it's been just a brief 2 weeks since Destiny of the Force was officially released, we've gotten the go-ahead to begin early playtesting for V-set #2, Renegades and Rogues! This time around the lead playtesters will be myself and Weeks. I'll be covering most of the input from the SWM Gamers community, while he gets everything going with our friends over at Bloomilk.

We've already gotten feedback from Bill regarding his experience in this position, which includes the names of the people who were good at reporting back with results. Those people will certainly be asked to help again, but that doesn't mean they will be the only ones. If you are interested in playtesting, either post here or send me a PM. We'll need information about your play group, including how often you play, how "competitively" you play (note that input from both casual play groups and highly competitive groups will be needed), the size of your group, etc. If you don't have much of a local play group but can get on Vassal regularly, that's great, too.

Please keep in mind that just offering to help doesn't me you will get the chance to. We probably won't need everyone, so you might not be asked to help, but you definitely won't be able to help if you don't offer! After Weeks and I get a good list of people to help we'll start sending out stats and get the ball rolling.

Echo will the Atlanta group be play testing V-Set 2? I never knew if we playtested DOTF since I was out during the weeks before release.

Thanks
MFalcon