logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A new Zam
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:09 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I was watching the movies again today and thought zam needed another look.

Zam Wesell, bounty hunter

cost:25

hp: 80
Defense: 19
Attack: +10
Damage: 20

SA:
unique
bounty hunter (+4)
accurate shot
Changeling (If an enemy character does not have LOS to this character at the start of their turn then this character may not be targeted until the start of the next turn.)
Rapport (ASN assassin droid's cost -2)

not sure i like it but zam does need a re-look.

Last edited by Jedi_Master on Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A new Zam
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:15 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

What faction is she in? Fringe or Separatist?

She looks good, but one thing concerns me: Changeling is very, very powerful. You can calmly walk her right up to an enemy commander or other important tech piece, and your opponent can do nothing about it. She would also be insanely powerful in a swap squad, because she's an invincible swapper (like a super-Diplomat, who can go on solo missions).

Maybe re-working the ability to require your opponent to roll a save of 16 in order to attack her when Changeling is in effect or something. Or maybe make it so that Changeling only works as long as Zam is on your own half of the map.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:28 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I think we need a new Zam figure, let alone new stats. She barely got to use the blaster at all, and definitely wasnt in that pose.

She really should have had the sniper rifle out and aiming instead, me thinks.

Also, I agree with TINT: Stats are good, but that ability is a bit over the top.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:49 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:
What faction is she in? Fringe or Separatist?

She looks good, but one thing concerns me: Changeling is very, very powerful. You can calmly walk her right up to an enemy commander or other important tech piece, and your opponent can do nothing about it. She would also be insanely powerful in a swap squad, because she's an invincible swapper (like a super-Diplomat, who can go on solo missions).

Maybe re-working the ability to require your opponent to roll a save of 16 in order to attack her when Changeling is in effect or something. Or maybe make it so that Changeling only works as long as Zam is on your own half of the map.

I would suggest something like: If an enemy character does not have LOS to this character at the start of her turn then this character may not be attacked until the start of the next round.

Makes swap way more manageable as you have to activate her before you can swap her. Then she loses it next round, but with MT shouldn't be a problem. I toyed with until the start of her next turn, but it's too powerful

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:37 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Or the changeling ability to work more like diplomat...or perhaps something which provides a super boost to her defense if she hasn't attacked during the round.

I think the perfect fit for the desired effect would be a pheromone/diplomat hybrid with the until attacks worked into the mix...but the ability could be come quite complex to work as desired.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:46 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Yeah, i didn't think about swap beforehand :P

How about this;

Changeling (Replaces turn, this character can not be targeted until it makes an attack. An enemy character can overcome this effect with a save of 11)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:00 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
I would suggest something like: If an enemy character does not have LOS to this character at the start of her turn then this character may not be attacked until the start of the next round.

Personally, I like this version the best. It makes her valuable as a swap piece, but not overpowered. She would re-gain the benefits of Changeling after she was swapped out each time (assuming she's swapped out of LOS), which is an interesting mechanic.

However, I could see Rebel and NR squads abusing the ability by giving her Mobile Attack. She starts her turn out of LOS, she steps out and shoots something (with Accurate), and then she moves back out of LOS...even if you can reach her that round, she still can't be attacked. That's a pretty sweet use of 25 pts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:01 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thereisnotry wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:

Personally, I like this version the best. It makes her valuable as a swap piece, but not overpowered. She would re-gain the benefits of Changeling after she was swapped out each time (assuming she's swapped out of LOS), which is an interesting mechanic.

However, I could see Rebel and NR squads abusing the ability by giving her Mobile Attack. She starts her turn out of LOS, she steps out and shoots something (with Accurate), and then she moves back out of LOS...even if you can reach her that round, she still can't be attacked. That's a pretty sweet use of 25 pts.

That does sound interesting. Had to try my hand at another rendition of the same thing though. Updating her now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:18 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Quote:
Changeling (If an enemy character does not have LOS to this character at the start of their turn then this character may not be targeted until the start of the next turn.)

That is an interesting take. So if the attacking character does not have LOS to the changeling character when they activate they can not attack them. That still has the Mobile attack problem though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Quote:

That is an interesting take. So if the attacking character does not have LOS to the changeling character when they activate they can not attack them. That still has the Mobile attack problem though.

Mobile attacking zam would be good, still, it wouldn't be hard to get her in melee :P

Maybe sniper instead of accurate? I am just thinking of the scene where she took out the droid when kenobi was holding onto it ^^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:42 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I think accurate is fine. From a gameplay perspective, it would give her some value vs Stealth pieces which are increasingly showing up (since the mobile-quad shooters don't have accurate). And yes, from a story perspective, I think she has plenty of reason to have Accurate Shot, maybe even Sniper, because of her successful hit on the small droid that Obiwan was holding onto.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:45 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

you might actualy be able to add double attack.

as for changeling it isnt bad. HEre is what i had for my custom zam : changeling (IF this character is within 6 of another character you may force any one targeting her to target another character within 6, save 11) it is similar to bombad gungan, but not mandatory and it symbolizes her ability to quickly change forms and look like a member of the crowd.