Mark forums read

Post subject: Destiny of the Force Errata and FAQ
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Destiny of the Force Errata

Advanced Battle Meditation
Add the following:
This damage bonus applies only to characters that have a Damage value greater than 0.

Indiscriminate
Replace the entire text with the following:
When this character attacks an adjacent enemy, it ignores enemy abilities and commander effects that prevent targeting and attacking. These attacks cannot be redirected.

Scout Trooper Officer (Imperial, 30/60)
Replace the commander effect with the following:
Imperial troopers in your squad with Stealth (including this character) and who have cover cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies.

---------------------------------

Destiny of the Force FAQ

Commander Effects

Mandalorian Tactician
Q: When I take the first phase, can I choose to only activate one character?
A: Yes. Using the Tactician's Commander Effect is optional, so you are allowed to activate the normal number of characters in a phase.

Special Abilities

Indiscriminate
Q: Would this ability ignore abilities on the character's own card such as Melee Attack or work when using abilities that Replace Attacks like Thud Bug?
A: No. The original wording didn't quite match the design intent. See the errata above. The ability only works when attacking, and only ignores enemy abilities that prevent targeting and attacks (such as Pheromones or Diplomat) or redirect targeting or attacks (such as Draw Fire or Bombad Gungan) but not abilities that prevent or redirect damage (such as Parry or Bodyguard.)

Jedi Reflexes
Q: Can I make an attack of opportunity on a character who uses Jedi Mind Trick or Force Leap?
A: No. It works on special abilities like Flight or Wall Climber, not Force powers.

Q: If R2-D2 Astromech Droid tows a character into an adjacent square can I make attacks of opportunity on both of them?
A: No. You are still limited to one attack of opportunity per turn. You could choose either character in this case, but not both.

Q: When exactly do you make an attack of opportunity on a character moving into an adjacent square if it matters for something like Self-Destruct?
A: The attack is made immediately after entering the square.

Master Shaper
Q: Does this ability stack with regular Shaper?
A: Yes. It follows the normal stacking rules, and the two abilities have different names.

Rout
Q: Can you try to Rout an enemy character into a pit?
A: Yes. It follows all the normal rules for involuntary movement.

Telepathic Insight
Q: If there's no useful enemy commander effect, could I duplicate one from my own squad? Like maybe have an extra copy of Yominn Carr's commander effect in case he's defeated?
A: No. You are limited to enemy commander effects.

Q: If I use Telepathic Insight to steal a commander effect from Grand Admiral Thrawn or Nom Anor do I get both effects (+3 Attack/+3 Defense and swapping, non-targetable in cover and Self-Destruct, respectively) or do I have to choose one or the other?

A: Some commanders have multiple commander effects. These are broken up into seperate paragraphs in the Commander Effect section of the card. So in the case of Grand Admiral Thrawn, you would need to choose one of the paragraphs, +3 Attack and +3 Defense to non-uniques or swapping, but in the case of Nom Anor it's a single paragraph and you get both effects.

Vongsense
Q: Does Vongsense affect a Yuuzhan Vong Ossus Guardian when in a New Republic squad?
A: No. It affects applicable characters in the Yuuzhan Vong faction.

Yammosk War Coordinator
Q: If I have a Fringe commander in the squad that affects Fringe characters and Yuuzhan Vong characters in my squad, does the commander effect have unlimited range, or range 6?
A: It has unlimited range for the Yuuzhan Vong characters, and range 6 for the Fringe characters.

Force Powers

Force Meditation
Q: Can Force Meditation result in an enemy character having a negative attack value?
A: Yes.

Force Withdrawal
Q: Force Withdrawal says it ends prematurely if the character spends a Force point. Is that even possible after he gains Force Immunity?
A: Yes, the character may still spend Force points. Nothing in the definition of Force Immunity prevents doing so.

Last edited by NickName on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Destiny of the Force Errata and FAQ
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Does master shaper stack with shaper on the same figure? In other words, with it be a total of +20 damage for the one character while within 6?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:17 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:51 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

TimmerB123 wrote:
Does master shaper stack with shaper on the same figure? In other words, with it be a total of +20 damage for the one character while within 6?

That's similar to Mettle and Karmic Mettle, both of which stack.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:23 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I guess I was confused because neither grants a named ability. Well except for demolish, but that's not what we are talking about here. Both just grant a straight stat bonus.

So is it that it is a SA and not a CE?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:33 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TimmerB123 wrote:
I guess I was confused because neither grants a named ability. Well except for demolish, but that's not what we are talking about here. Both just grant a straight stat bonus.

So is it that it is a SA and not a CE?

It is because they are 2 different Special Abilities.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:40 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

TimmerB123 wrote:

Which now would make Overlord Shimrra have base 40 damage!! Nasty if he gets a crit off.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:06 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

ok probably a dumb question but Does Jaster Mereel synergy allow you to add cs jango to a mando squad?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:16 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

This is not the post you are looking for.

Last edited by Sithborg on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Sithborg wrote:
Yes.

It does? I hadn't read into it that much, but I thought it was merely for purposes of Bounty Hunter and any future incarnation to gain the effects of Mandalorian based CE's. Synergy has never been something to change faction in the past, plus they used CS JAngo for the RCM, so I just can't see how that would be....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:35 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Yeah, never mind. For some reason I was thinking he had Affinity as well as Synergy (due to the new wording, I see where I screwed up).

Correct correct answer is, no. Jaster Mereel cannot allow CS Jango Fett into a Mando squad.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Sithborg wrote:
Yeah, never mind. For some reason I was thinking he had Affinity as well as Synergy (due to the new wording, I see where I screwed up).

Correct correct answer is, no. Jaster Mereel cannot allow CS Jango Fett into a Mando squad.

Which is a good thing cause jaster's RM is CS Jango :). Oh the complaints we would hear over that one lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, honestly, I think the intent was always for him to have both Synergy and Affinity, but something got lost along the way. I'll remind the design guys and see if they want to do anything about it. Probably not though, and it's not like it would be a big difference, since CS Jango isn't that great anyways compared to Jango BH.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This was just one that got lost in the shuffle. I had initially tried to push away from using CS Jango, and dividing up the abilities a little better but please understand that on any given day I have about 30-60 minutes or so to get on here and look over the threads, and while I am on I look at about an average of 15-25 threads pertaining to stat designs. Deri and Engineer and Bill and Les and anyone else working in this project at that level are in the same boat, so we are going to miss stuff. That is why we put Ray in as the overall Program Manager. It's his job with V-Set 2 to make sure these kinds of mistakes don't happen. We will also be counting on the people at the proofreading stage to catch these issues when they see them, but we're all just: 1. volunteers; and 2. human. Things are going to get missed, and mistakes are going to be made. But our worst mistake doesn't come close to anything WotC ever screwed up with this game, so I am not going to lose any sleep over it. :)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

LoboStele wrote:
Probably not though, and it's not like it would be a big difference, since CS Jango isn't that great anyways compared to Jango BH.

I dunno, comparing them with what they can get in a Mando squad I may prefer the CS one.

As is

CS BH
-9 cost Jedi Hunter
+3 Attack Sniper
Missles
Flamethrower

So CS Jango can max out at a 25 attack and BH +26. Granted BH, is getting an extra 40 damage when maxed out though, and it's none too situational in the emerging meta, but is it worth 9 more points? Snipers going to be really conditional on the competitive map list and against a solid player is never going to have an effect.

Missles, assuming you're still maxed out at range, are not really useful as, again, you're not going to get a good clump against a solid player so you'll never wants the 50/50 odds of doing 20 to a single target when you can twin him at +21/26 for 20/30/40/60.

Flamethrower still has some consideration, but again with the stat bonuses either Jango has, what will you get from it? If the odds are in favor of the auto 20 damage from flamethrower over the chance you have to hit plus the damage you can do, then you've likely lost the game anyway. In other words, the Captain, and Quartermaster are dead, and either you are more than 6 from Jaster or he is dead as well. And with either Jango's Defense, HP, being within 6 of something you need autodamage on means your opponent is going to net 47 or 56 points at the end of the round.

So, IMO, 9 more points nets me a highly likely +1 attack and 10 damage per attack or I can go with a Mando BH (there's my 40 damage) which nets me an extra activation, or 3 ugnaughts where I lose the damage but gain some more door control and 3 activations. I think it's going to go to the squad build at this point. Which is okay, because my point wasn't that CS is better, but that in a Mando squad both could be given consideration.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:32 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

NickName wrote:
Mandalorian Tactician
Q: When I take the first phase, can I choose to only activate one character?
A: Yes. Using the Tactician's Commander Effect is optional, so you are allowed to activate the normal number of characters in a phase.

that doesn't fully make sense to me.

the CE reads as

Quote:
If this character has line of sight to an enemy at the start of a phase, you can choose to activate 2 or 3 characters in that phase. (This includes Droid and Savage characters.)

so the Question up there was asking if you can activate one character instead of the printed 2 or 3 said in the CE itself?

To which the answer Yes was given. but then the explanation following doesn't even support that Yes answer. It more or less says (as I read it) with an optional CE you have a choice of activating 3 characters or the normal amount which is 2 characters. So how do you activate just one again?

Or am I missing something here? I just want to know if you can in fact activate just one with it or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:43 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think the intent is that the rules state you activate 1 character on the first phase of each round. Nothing about this CE prevents that from being an option. You can choose to activate 1, 2, or 3 characters on the first phase of a round. Other rounds you may activate 2 or 3.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Correct. The ability allows the choice between 2 or 3. The question covers the situation where a different number of activations (1, or perhaps 4 in the future) is granted to the player. Is he forced to use the ability and select from one of the abilities choices? The answer is no, he doesn't have to (but can if desired.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:47 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

NickName wrote:
Correct. The ability allows the choice between 2 or 3. The question covers the situation where a different number of activations (1, or perhaps 4 in the future) is granted to the player. Is he forced to use the ability and select from one of the abilities choices? The answer is no, he doesn't have to (but can if desired.)

oh ok, didn't realize it was intended as a what if type thing alright got it. thanks man!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:58 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Updated with new Indiscriminate errata.