logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: FU Rules Questions Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:17 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Okay, it's pretty spoilerific at this point, and the rules sheet is out there. As usual, I won't be answering until release day, but if you have a question you'd like answered on release day just tag it on this thread. I'll grab the stuff from this thread in addition to all the stuff I'm watching on the WotC board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:42 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I've got a couple regarding Garm:
1) Can his reinforcements be a mixture of rebels & NR, can you bring
either into whichever faction you're playing?

2) His CE lets most followers move 3 squares and double/triple. Could
they spend a force point and move 5 and atk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:36 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

For the Munn Tactics Broker:

Are the figures he defeats actually defeated - that is trigger "when defeated effects"? Or are they removed from play and merely treated as defeated for the purposes of victory points only?

Also, how does Han Rogue's NTMTOs interact with this guy. First, does he cancel the ability? Second, assuming he does, does he cancel both the requirement to defeat as well as the init control?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Last edited by billiv15 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:54 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Tied in to Bill's question....

When you have the Muun Tactics Broker in your squad, is 'Tactics Broker' an optional effect? Are your required to sacrifice a piece every round, or can you choose to do so only when you want to?

I'm sure this will be asked otherwise but.....how does Push or Repulse interact with pits? The rules insert doesn't specifically say (Can't believe they left that out). It mentions 'Walls' and 'Impassable terrain' which could be vaguely interpreted to mean pit squares, but then again, pits are not 'impassable' to characters with Flight. Did Rob intend for Push and Repulse to interact with pit squares differently than how similar effects work in D&D minis??

Force Push 4: The rules insert is somewhat unclear as to whether this still follows normal targetting rules. Vader's LS Throw 5 specifically says to ignore targetting rules. Force Push 4 says "...one enemy within line of sight and pushes target 4 squares..." That is to be interpreted to mean that the enemy being affected by Force Push 4 must be a legal target. Correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:01 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Does Garm's CE work with Power Coupling?

Post subject: Rule Querie Regarding Force Push and Repulse
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:37 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I was just going over the insert and looking over the rules for Force Push 2-5, and I noticed something.

In the rules for Force Lightning 4 and 5 it specifically states that it is not an attack and does not require an attack roll. Which is consistant with how we've seen lightning work in the past.

However in both Force Push and Repulse, the wording suggests a method similar to that of Lightning, but that last line regarding it not being an attack and not requiring an attack roll makes me wonder whether or not it actually does.

Anyone have any particular insight into this one in regards to whether or not an attack roll in needed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 pm 
General
General

Sure:

1. What if you have 2 Tactics Brokers. Can both choose 1 other character (double up) and when the time is right, can they choose eachother?

2. Force Repulse says it follows Force Push... which one?

3. Explain what happens in Force Push 2, as it is the most verbose, but uses words like 'creatures'!? and 'slides'.

4. Do the same with the less verbose Force pushes (and basically the repulses!).

5. Force Push mentions impassable terrain, but the only mention of that word in the rulebook deals with counting range from CE's, so a pit does not seem to be impassable.

6. The troop cart, everything but the exceptions are the same as the skiff? 2 characters, cover, etc.

7. Force Corrupt, well at least it says it does not stack, but as I mentioned on the main board, can you still do 20 damage with the ability to a character that is corrupted?

8. Most idiotic but I was asked to ask this one: Can you start an emplacement in gambit and thus gain 5 points of gambit before the game starts? (I know the answer is no on the 5 points, but I predict there will be similar questions)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:15 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Some that come to mind, but might have obvious answers I'm not seeing:

Proxy - If he mimics an enemy character's stats on first attack and defeats it, does he use the same stats for the double attack, or choose another character within 6 for the second attack? Also, could he mimic two different characters for his two attacks? Not sure why, but it might come up.

Darktrooper - These are the stats I've seen [Splash 20 (If this character’s attack hits, all characters adjacent to the target take 20 damage; save 11. If the attack misses, the target and all adjacent characters take 20 damage; save 11.)] What's the difference between hitting and missing the target by this wording? If you hit it's 20 damage save 11, if you miss it's 20 damage save 11. If the wording is incorrect, ignore this one.

Kazdan Paratus - What if there are not enough adjacent squares to place the reserves due to characters/terrain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:32 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

All right, cleaned this thread up. This thread is for questions for the mini-FAQ. All posts without questions will be deleted.

That said, got a few more.

Does Muun Tactics Broker work like Use the Force, in that there is no point to rolling init because it makes the die count as 1, and wouldn't trigger any effects if the roll was different, but still counted as a one for init. Hope I worded that okay.

With Immediate Droid Reserves, if Kazden is surrounded, can you still place Droids. What if he is defeated before you can place them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:01 am 
General
General

9. What is the interaction of pits while pushing, maybe ending in a pit is illegal, but can you say... push something big and scary through the pit and end on the repair droid on Starship?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:48 am 
General
General

10. Does anticipation get around the Broker? The Broker definition mentions rerolls not allowing the 1 to be used again, so does anticipation trump it as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:50 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

11. I just want a simple definition of the phrase "your half of the battle map." Of course logic would say anywhere I want to legally place my Golan Arms DF.9 Anti-Infanty Battery (I just love that name!) as long as it does not cross the center of the map. However, since when has LOGIC been applied to this game . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Following on......and how does 'half of the battle map' apply on the Star Ship map (from ROTJ Starter), since it has an odd number of squares lengthwise? Can neither player claim the odd numbered row in the middle, or is 'half of the map' considered exactly half-way in the middle of that row? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:21 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

--The SA Frozen in Carbonite starts with the phrase “during setupâ€￾. Should this read “during squad construction?â€￾ Otherwise, it seems you can choose a different Han each time you are beginning a match, which could allow for some squads to be short/over on points depending on construction.

--Are Hoth Troopers considered Rebel Troopers?

--Does a power which says “sightâ€￾ mean it does not follow normal targetting rules?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:02 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Not FU Questions:

Quote:
--Are Hoth Troopers considered Rebel Troopers?

No, but they are Rebel troopers. (Important distinction)

Quote:
--Does a power which says “sightâ€￾ mean it does not follow normal targetting rules?

"Sight" is an alternative to "Range", not an alternative to targeting. (ie. Range as far as you can see.) Force Powers use targeting unless another method of determining which figures will be affected is included. (Generally, this will only be area effect of some type.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:06 pm 

A question about Jolt.

If a character has multiple attacks such as twin - does jolt work on each attack. I would assume so, but want to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:47 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Oh, I got some new ones!
Can you cause an AoO when you push or repulse someone? Of course, I would LOVE the answer to be yes, but I seriously doubt it.

Also, can Han in Carbonite be targetted by Yoda of Dagobah's Light Tutor? Then could he receive Obi-Wan, Jedi Spirit, as well? If this is all possible, would the Thawed-Han receive these abilities as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:53 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

When Proxy copies stats, do those become his base stats, so he can double the damage of what he copied when he crits, or does a crit only double his base damage.

Also with Proxy, the wording implies he can copy the best stats of those around him for the rest of the game. So he could copy Kun's Atk and Def, and Bane's Dam for the rest of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:46 pm 
General
General

Tis a darn shame Proxy is a droid, otherwise I would have asked a plethora of CE questions ... like the Ithorian Commander...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:49 pm 

Can the Golan Battery be placed over a door?