logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Re: V-Set 2 - Minis, Force Powers and Abilities You want to See
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:16 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

yeah that could do it LOL

also how about some form of a jedi mind trick that specifically effects commanders, maybe re-words their commander effect in someway like turning possitives to negatives or alturing range or something like that for a round.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Raylinthegreat wrote:

also how about some form of a jedi mind trick that specifically effects commanders, maybe re-words their commander effect in someway like turning possitives to negatives or alturing range or something like that for a round.

Sounds like your onto something there. something to knock rangeless CE's to 6 squares as an example or too powerful to your thinking?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Dimetrodon wrote:
Raylinthegreat wrote:

Sounds like your onto something there. something to knock rangeless CE's to 6 squares as an example or too powerful to your thinking?

Yeah something like that. Basically something to represent the jedi convincing the commander to alter his orders in some way through the force.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Greybird wrote:
I've also posted some of these in the earlier idea thread for V-set 1, and again recently in the V-set 2 idea thread over at Bloomilk:

Darth Maul on Speeder
Amidala's Queen's Handmaiden (perhaps using the Queen Amidala sculpt as the suggested mini)
Joruus C'Baoth, Mad Clone
some tougher ARC Troopers
ARC Trooper Commander in red from the original Clone Wars cartoons.
Ben Skywalker (using the Luke Skywalker Jedi from Rebel Storm as the suggested mini)
R2-D2 for the New Republic
C-3PO for the New Republic
Chewbacca for the New Republic
Jedi Master Luke Skywalker (a little cheaper and can more easily fit into a squad with other New Republic heroes)
Treis Sinde, Imperial Knight (from the Legacy comics would make an awesome V-set card, and the Darth Tyranus figure from the RotS set might work as the suggested minis for him even though he's got a red lightsaber)
Imperial Officer, Legacy (for the Sith faction, his CE could bring other, non-unique Imperial forces into the Sith faction to play alongside Darth Krayt, Talon, and Nihl)

Master Force Leap (for the cost of a Force point, the character is considered to have Flight for the turn)

Here are some more I'd like to add to my earlier post, characters that I would love to see V-set cards for:

Winter, Codename Targeter - recommended mini could be any Hoth dressed Leia with her hair painted white; and she could be useable in both the Rebel and New Republic factions.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Winter

Villie - his recommended mini the Devaronian Bounty Hunter.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Villie

Jedi Master K'Kruhk - for the New Republic faction so he can be used with other Jedi from the Legacy comics.

Morrigan Corde - her recommended mini could be Mira from the Old Republic faction

And this one I'll just repeat because I so would love to have a V-set card for this character:

Treis Sinde, Imperial Knight - from the Legacy comics; his recommended mini could be Darth Tyranus from the RotS set although the lightsaber would be the wrong color. Personally, I'm planning on putting Tyranus's head on an extra Antares Draco mini I've got.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Treis_Sinde

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:17 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

sith mind control - sight, target conciders nearest allied charactor as nearest enemy and must attack that target this round if able to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:25 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

i want Cassus Fett. My mandalorian team will not be complete till i have this piece.
So my wants

Cassus Fett
Rohlan Dyre
StarKiller
A new rebel version of vaders apprentice
Mandalorian Neo Crusaders
Boba Fett, Mandalore
Jango Fett, Mandalore
Mandalore the Vindicated
Demagol
Vader BattleDamaged (a vader that depicts the vader that kills the emporer before he dies)
A truely good Mandalorian Jedi Hunter. (some ideas would be that he has both jedi and bounty hunter abilities.)

If i got this, mand i would be content and not need another v set.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:52 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

A new version of young boba fett. Something to represent him durning the clone wars while he was spending time with aurra. :Boba:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:44 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

It is not really a mini, power, force ability or anything of the sort, but it is a suggestion nonetheless.

I suggest putting the stats up for a character before the finalization of it's wordings/powers/cost/etcetera. I suggest doing this for all of the characters. I suggest listening to the people who comment on the stats, and who bring up valid concerns. I also suggest not alienating any group of players. I suggest then posting the "final" version until it needs no more correction. I suggest trying not to over-complicate the game with powers that are extremely similar to existing ones but untested. Lastly, before making a character for the V-set, I suggest looking at all of the customs that are already in existence for that character (Do they all look alike in some way? Why? Can we keep that similarity in our creation? Is there already one that is perfect and we can just use for our mini?).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:46 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

at pt
at te
interrogation droid
adult krayt dragon(just morbid curiousity on the stats and scale of model on my part lol)
the creature that obi wan rides on in komino in the clone wars sreies
the hutt clans
cyber maul(I know its non canon but still curious)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:12 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Luke_Starkiller wrote:
It is not really a mini, power, force ability or anything of the sort, but it is a suggestion nonetheless.

I suggest putting the stats up for a character before the finalization of it's wordings/powers/cost/etcetera. I suggest doing this for all of the characters. I suggest listening to the people who comment on the stats, and who bring up valid concerns. I also suggest not alienating any group of players. I suggest then posting the "final" version until it needs no more correction. I suggest trying not to over-complicate the game with powers that are extremely similar to existing ones but untested. Lastly, before making a character for the V-set, I suggest looking at all of the customs that are already in existence for that character (Do they all look alike in some way? Why? Can we keep that similarity in our creation? Is there already one that is perfect and we can just use for our mini?).

1. It is not a good idea to go through customs, as 99% are terrible. I think the designers have shown how creative they can be, and don't necessarily need help.
2. Public proofing is a terrible idea. And will take away any fun of release. People do seem to enjoy the Bothan Transmissions and previews.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:36 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Luke_Starkiller wrote:

I appreciate the suggestion but it's never going to happen. We barely made deadline with the group of 8 to 9 people we had working on this as it is, I cringe at the thought of 500+ people weighing in on all 60 ideas. We have the top minds working on this stuff, and I'm not referring to myself when I say that. We have both of the rules reps guys, a professional graphic artist, and 3-5 top 8 players designing and playtesting. I'm sorry that you didn't like the final wording of a particular ability but that's just how it goes. There was stuff that Rob did that I didn't like either, but I certainly never suggested he send me everything before he ship it off to be printed. And I guarantee you designed cards got less attention in Renton when it was being marketed than the stuff we worked on got. We didn't just make up Battering Charge in 2.2 seconds and then move on to the next card. There was a lot of debate and discussion about it for months before we settled on this.

You are right about at least one thing. No one is making you play with these cards.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ok so here are my suggestions:

1) new, Kir Kanos which doesn't have FP but badass Special Abilities :royalg:
2) Quinlan Vos in Seps . That would be cool to play (especially for me, because I play living seps, not droids :p . BTW thx 4 Sora Bulq in Destiny V-set! )
3) Jango Fet, Bounty Hunter for hire. Come on! Make a new, uber Bh (i mean - make a better version than the Bh one) :jango:
4) maybe all the jedi masters from Ep 1 high council? Playing Poof would be nice :)
5) Kyle Katarn as a stormtrooper. :stormie2:
6) Davin Felth as a stormtrooper with good CE ( maybe evade for stormies ? whoa that would be awsome, although i know that won't happen ever) :stormie2:
7) Emperor Palpatine, Cloned. Man, he beat up Luke so his stats should better be good enough. :emperor:
8) Luke Skywalker, Palpatines' Apprentice. Luke with nice grip :)
9) Carnor Jax . Why not?
10) Tholme . You made Sora so why not him? And he better have cloacked .
11) Dooku's disciples with Skorr in the first place

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:02 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

A sort of anti-Affinity SA on a few key Fringe pieces, reflecting the fact that they would never work with a given faction. Such as a Fringe Chewie who couldn't be in Imperial squads, Fringe Grievous (so we can actually play the Grievous KW piece who looks cool) who couldn't be in Republic squads, etc. I just cringe at the idea of some of the fringe pieces being used in factions which they would have had no business cooperating with.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:15 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Demosthenes wrote:
A sort of anti-Affinity SA on a few key Fringe pieces, reflecting the fact that they would never work with a given faction. Such as a Fringe Chewie who couldn't be in Imperial squads, Fringe Grievous (so we can actually play the Grievous KW piece who looks cool) who couldn't be in Republic squads, etc. I just cringe at the idea of some of the fringe pieces being used in factions which they would have had no business cooperating with.

This has been discussed in the past, and I think most people feel like if you're going to do that, then it would be better to just put those pieces in the factions that they belong with instead. I mean, why would we need a Fringe Chewie? He would only have ever participated in the Rebel and NR factions, so why not just make him one of those factions, but with Affinity for the other one? Han is one that I could see making a Fringe piece, simply because he did train at the Imperial Academy, and then he does run around side-by-side with Fett in the Legacy books a while. But, there's still the oddity that the new Han from DOTF actually works best in the OR faction, IMO, lol.

The Fringe Grievous is a bit weird, I'll give you that, but it represents him before the Separatists co-opted him, so I don't see why that's an issue. It's representing him before he was aligned with any other groups.

Is there a particular character you have in mind that would be good for this type of ability?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:18 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Cade with OR? Lando with Vong? Darth Sidious and Exar Kun?

Those are problems that have existed since the start of the game. You just have to run with what WotC did some times, even when you don't like it.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Demosthenes wrote:

Agree with the sentiment, but from a design standpoint, it's really hard to argue the legitimacy of this, given that WotC did not do it on literally 100s of their own minis. The only close example of it, is Kota, but its different because its not really anti-affinity in the fringe. Its anti-affinity from Rebel to Republic, which is only a small step from O66 affinity and others.

I believe we have to stick with the fringe rules as WotC intended, and don't see a valid way to change it at this point in time. If it was done from the beginning, I would agree. Since it wasn't, we can't do it now.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

JAR JAR BINKS,JEDI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:01 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Okay, Darth Jim and I were talking about this one the other day and I fleshed him out a bit. How about...

SAN HILL, BANKING CLAN CEO
Faction: Separatists
Cost: 18
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 13
Attack: +1
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Cost of Doing Business - This character negates all Rapport in an Opponent's Squad. The Opponent may not reconfigure squad, but must lose any additional pieces aquired because of Rapport. Any pieces added during the skirmish are subject to this as well.

Commander Effect
This applies to Droid and Savage pieces. At the beginning of the phase, if this piece does not have Line of Sight on any enemy piece the Player may choose to activate 1 or 2 pieces. If this piece does have Line of Sight on any enemy piece the Player must activate 3 pieces.
Adjacent Muun allies gain Bodyguard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:02 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

GM Brev wrote:
Okay, Darth Jim and I were talking about this one the other day and I fleshed him out a bit. How about...

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Cost of Doing Business - This character negates all Rapport in an Opponent's Squad. The Opponent may not reconfigure squad, but must lose any additional pieces aquired because of Rapport. Any pieces added during the skirmish are subject to this as well.

Commander Effect
This applies to Droid and Savage pieces. At the beginning of the phase, if this piece does not have Line of Sight on any enemy piece the Player may choose to activate 1 or 2 pieces. If this piece does have Line of Sight on any enemy piece the Player must activate 3 pieces.

I dub him "screw you gha naught" lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:06 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Weeks wrote:
GM Brev wrote:

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack

Commander Effect

I dub him "screw you gha naught" lol

Yeah, that was the idea. Something to make people think twice about 25 activations due to Mouse Droids. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there is a counter to almost every Special Ability in the game, why not Rapport as well?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next