logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: How to make your own Ewok-who-got-his-revenge-on-the-Empire!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:24 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

OK, this is a custom for all you hard-core ewok lovers...I imagine that this little ewok had his mother killed by the Empire; so he decided to get his revenge on a lone scout trooper...

To make this (crazy) custom, you do NOT need...:

-Paint
-Modeling Putty
-Any V/R pieces
-Experience (This is only my 4th project...i think)

What you DO need is:

-Superglue
-Xacto knife
-Clothes Pin
-Paper Clip (Use it to spread out the superglue)
-Tools (i.e.: Pliers/tweezers, wire cutter, etc.)
-A bendable grippy/tweezer thing...i can't really explain what it is it's like a base and a bendable wire-tweezer comes out of it...it's really helpful to hold some drying pieces in place while you work on other parts--*STRONGLY RECOMMENDED* if you want some pics of this i'll post some to someone's request.
-Scratch piece of cardboard as a "knifing" surface so you don't scratch your table or whatever while working
-x1 Ewok Scout
-x1 Scout Trooper (IE)

Alright...are you ready for this? *Takes deep breath*. Alright. Let's do this! First, take out your Ewok Scout. Cut off the little critter from his base:

Next, cut off his little silver crayon thingy in his left hand (I guess it's supposed to be a knife but it really doesn't look like it lol):

Place these pieces aside. Take out your Scout Trooper and cut off his left arm at the shoulder like so:

Now, cut off the Scout Trooper's right arm at his first arm joint. Cut off a skinny triangle slit from his newly cut off arm or the part of his arm attached to his body so that when you [would] reattach his arm to his body his arm would have an upwards angle (i can explain this step further if need be):

Now, place these pieces aside. Back to the ewok (take him out). Cut him in half at his waist, directly below his belt:

Now, cut off his axe attached to his right hand right at the end of his wrist like so:

Next, cut off his front belt section like so:

Place the ewok aside yet again. Take the Scout Trooper (ST) out and cut his figure off from his base. Then cut off both his legs at the top of his white knee-armor (above his kneecaps), and cut along the top of his white knee-armor; like so:

Next, take each of his cut-off legs and cut off a slant from the top of those legs; starting from the tip of the knee cap (the top of the cut-off leg); to approximately the end of his black leg section (right above his boots):

Next, place each of his legs respectively on the ST's base (don't glue yet). Place his body above it so you know where to angle the legs so when you DO glue the legs to the base they'll be in the correct position for you to glue the ST's body on:

NOW, you can glue the legs to the base (glue the tip of his boot and his knee part to the base so his foot is vertical; not horizontal). Glue them one by one so that you can fix each one individually if one is falling over:

Place this aside to dry. Take your ewok's lower half of the body and press it against the back of the ST's waist. It should be flexible enough so that the ewok's legs somewhat wrap around the ST's waist. Glue the ewok's waist/legs to the ST's waist:

Now, set THIS aside to dry. Take the ewok's upper half of his body and his axe thing. Glue the ewok's right axe sideways (to the left) and slightly slanted inwards so that the axe head if facing forwards (away from the ewok) and the back of the axehead is barely touching the ewok's head. Trim the arm/hand so that these requirements are met. It should look something like:

Hopefully by the time the ewok's hand dries, the lower half of the ewok attached to the ST has also dried too. Anyways, once both parts are dry, glue the top part of the ewok to his lower counterpart (always wanted to say that word :D ) which is attached to the ST. DO NOT TRIM the ewok so that he fits perfectly on his other part. There should be a slit between the top and bottom part of the glued ewok in the back. Use the original slit that you cut off when you originally cut the ewok in half and stick it in the slit in the back now. The ewok should somewhat look normal now, lol. This step sounds very confusing; even to myself. If you need more help on this step, either PM or post on this thread and let me know. Here's some pics to help you out:

You'll get a good picture of the "slit" i was talking about in the picture below...:

...and here's a picture of the filled in slit with the trimmed piece that you cut off a long time ago...:

Anyways, once the body has dried, now take the ST's left arm. Glue it back to its original place, except angle it upwards (towards the ceiling) like so:

Now, glue his gun arm back to its original place. MAKE SURE THOUGH before you glue it that you trim the arm so that when you glue it back on the gun should face upwards (towards the ceiling). Unfortunately i did an extremely bad job of doing so...ah, oh well. Here's my fail pics anyways lol:

...you may think that the angle of the gun doesn't matter. It does!! If you do it too low, it'll change the whole look at the end of the project...anyways, you'll see in a second. Now, let's bring this baby together! Glue the body of the ST to his legs. Hopefully you angled the legs right when you glued them to the base so that they're a pretty good fit (i.e.: it doesn't look like the ST had knee surgery recently). You can trim the trimmings (lol that sounds funny) that you cut from the legs and place them above the legs as support to the upper part of the legs if you'd like. Anyways, remember the part about the fail gun angle i mentioned a second earlier? You'll see in the first pic below how it changes the look of the custom -- instead of the scout trooper looking like he's falling over instead it looks like he's about to shoot someone. Oops, i forgot to mention, you're done. :D You've done it! You now have a ewok who's about to take his revenge on this unfortunate scout trooper (he's about to give the scout trooper his "custom" form of the guillotine...). Anyways, here's my finished pictures below:

As always, please post your questions, comments, and critism (all are appreciated!!). I must apologize for being late on this tutorial, as i have been traveling and didn't have any Internet Service to be able to post this thread. So expect a new tutorial veeeeeeery soon. (This next one is probably my worst one yet no joke...it has to do with a duros. Yuck)

:maul:

Post subject: Re: How to make your own Ewok-who-got-his-revenge-on-the-Empire!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:51 pm 

LOL. I like it!!!

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:04 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I opened this thread expecting some crazy mayhem and I wasn't disappointed. At first I didn't know where you were going, but you hit another one out of the park. Way to go man!! :o :o

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:05 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I assume it can stay upright?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:08 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

This is awesome creme!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:26 am 

wannabemexican wrote:

of course! So far; all my chaarcters are balanced. And; if not; i can always glue a penny to the bottom of the base; lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

cremebrule wrote:
wannabemexican wrote:

of course! So far; all my chaarcters are balanced. And; if not; i can always glue a penny to the bottom of the base; lol

Genius. I really like this one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:12 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
hey Creme, here is an idea for a companion piece:

Stormtrooper vs. Ewoks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:09 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Nice...though, while reviewing the instructions, I was having flashbacks to the 'bear' scene from Supertroopers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:28 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

very nice. I like it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:41 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I like it.

http://community.wizards.com/marketplac ... #388739657