logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: How to make your own Wookiee-killer (beast)!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

OK, this is waaaay long overdue sorry for not posting this sooner.

Anyways, i gotta admit this is one of the coolest one's i've made yet. For all you wookiee fans who want to create an awesome wookiee that's beast, this custom is for you!

To make this (beast) custom, you do NOT need...:

-Paint
-Modeling Putty
-Any V/R pieces
-Experience (This is my first custom so i didn't have any experience either lol)

What you DO need is:

-Superglue
-Xacto knife
-Clothes Pin
-Paper Clip (Use it to spread out the superglue)
-Tools(i.e.: Pliers/tweezers, wire cutter, etc.)
-A bendable grippy/tweezer thing...i can't really explain what it is it's like a base and a bendable wire-tweezer comes out of it...it's really helpful to hold some drying pieces in place while you work on other parts--*STRONGLY RECOMMENDED* if you want some pics of this i'll post some to someone's request.
-Scratch piece of cardboard as a "knifing" surface so you don't scratch your table or whatever while working
-x1 Elite Wookiee Warrior
-x1 Commando Droid (#7)

OK. Take out your Wookiee Elite Warrior (WEW) and Commando Droid (CD). Place the CD aside for now; you won't need it until later. Take your WEW and Xacto knife and cut the WEW's right arm along the edge of his shoulder pad thingy like so:

Next, cut a "\" slant from the top of the the WEW's cut off arm...the cut off piece should look like so:

Now, take the WEW arm again and cut along between the WEW's staff-axe and his arm--NOT cutting it off but just enough so that the only part still attached is the part of the staff actually in his hand like so:

Next, cut off the WEW's LEFT hand (the one attached to the body) from his left arm at the end of his wrist--

Now, press (WITHOUT GLUING) the same hand back onto the WEW (in the same spot), except changing the angle of the fist so that the "hole" of the fist is face right (according to the wookiee's point of view) and slightly up. If the angle is not correct keep shaving off and trimming the arm/fist until it fits the above requirements--it should look like below:

Place aside to dry (it shouldn't take too long IF you don't use too much glue). Take out the WEW's right arm/staff again and cut off a small (SMALL) part of the end of the staff (NO MORE than 2 mm long). Like so:

Now, glue this little end piece of the staff to the WEW's left hand, to the bottom of the fist:

Now, reglue that left hand once it dries to the same spot where it was previously, making sure it is facing slightly upwards with the "hole" facing right:

Now, place the WEW and severed arm aside to dry. Take out the CD. Cut off the CD from it's base:

Cut the CD at 3 places -- each of its shoulders, and at the waist, like so:

Now glue the right arm of the CD back onto it's right shoulder, except having the hand face upwards (towards the ceiling so to speak lol) like so:

(NOTE: once again i strongly recommend getting a bendable grippy thing it helps you be able to "multitask" so to speak while customing. It can hold a drying piece in place while you work on other parts) While this arm is drying (it takes a long time and lots of concentrated work--it fell off a lot for me so don't worry if it happens to you), take the legs of the CD. Trim the center (groin) area of the CD so that at a sideways glance there's a slope of it. The picture below really helps explain the concept:

Do the same with the body (try not to touch the dry/ing arm as it's really fragile), see below for visual help:

Now, take the legs again and glue them to the center edge part of the WEW's axe, leaving a small part of the waist (top) part of the legs hanging over the end of the axe:

Picture (below) showing how the part of the waist should "hang over" the side of the axe:

Leave this part aside to try. Take out the CD's body/arm again, along with the other unglued left arm. Glue this arm to the left shoulder, having it also face upwards (towards the ceiling). The final product of the top of the CD should look like:

Now, glue the body (once it tries) to the other side of the WEW's axe; aligned over the legs; also with a part hangin over the edge so that it almost "fits" with the legs. Head of the CD should be facing downwards towards the axe. Use some of the shavings/trimmings that you cut from the middle section of the legs/body to put in between the parts hanging over the edge to glue together those two parts of the body. See following pictures for more details:

Now let's bring this thing together! Glue the WEW's right arm with the axe back to it's socket (but having it at an angle where the axe's sharp end faces towards the front):

Now, the finishing touches! Glue the end of the staff of the axe to the hole of the WEW's left fist. You've got it! Take a look at your handiwork--admit it, it's pretty beast. :D here's my finished pictures of the WEW rejecting a commando droid:

As always, comments and questions are greatly appreciated. Always looking for ways to improve. (Hint: next tutorial is for all you EWOK lovers!!)

Post subject: Re: How to make your own Wookiee-killer (beast)!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:47 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Sweet!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:15 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
CB you did it again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:20 pm 

R5Don4 wrote:
CB you did it again.

:D

:maul:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:40 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Such a good use for those thousands of unused commons and uncommons that just sit around in boxes.

Simple, but fantastic. Well done.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:44 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I have to hand it to you. You have an eye for this stuff. I usually am not way into looking at custom minis, but yours are all turning out excellent, and you really do a great job making tutorials. Great JOB!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 pm 

@ wannabemexican: thanks! yea, that's the whole reason why i started to make customs; since i had literally 2 overflowing HUGE boxes of unopened; extra minis (and that's not including my alerady opened ones or V/R). glad you liked my ideas :)

lonescout wrote:
I have to hand it to you. You have an eye for this stuff. I usually am not way into looking at custom minis, but yours are all turning out excellent, and you really do a great job making tutorials. Great JOB!!!

Thanks! I have another one (Ewok lovers, *hint hint*) coming your way tomm.!