logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Regional Locations for 2011
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:33 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I dont know when the high school state track meet will be but I wont be able to run the Chicago or WI regional that weekend. I think its the last weekend of May. All the other meets are on Fridays or during the week. It could the 21st but I really think its the last weekend. I dont have the schedule in front of me.

Edit
The Racine store is no more So I will have to find a new store
The Chicago gaming group has kind of died. I still think we could get 20 players.

Jonny

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:46 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I am sure Brian and Gamer DMZ will be excited to do it again. Think it had the 3rd highest Regional turnout and lots of players from surrounding states travelled well to attend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:35 pm 
General
General

jonnyb815 wrote:
Edit

I've suggested the store(s) in Janesville before and could coordinate things. Will that work? If so, I'll get to planning things.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:40 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

ok so it looks like we may add a NC and a Virginia Regional..... I dont know are those close enough to combine?

I mean if they can seperately pull them off fine. But just checking dont want to overload the same area.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:50 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Chargers wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
Edit

I've suggested the store(s) in Janesville before and could coordinate things. Will that work? If so, I'll get to planning things.

I have been working out the numbers the past few days.My email contact list will get emails soon. We should be able to get 15+ without Minn,Chicago,Racine,Bill(yes Bill is a state/city now) if the regional is in Janesville.

O I want it in Janesville. Its just kind of far for Bill,Deri,Tim,Mich guys,Brad,Lobo,then 2-3 more guys that have come the past few years. I know its closer for the madison and Janesville guys. So odds are we will gain what we will lose from the racine guys not coming.I think we can get 2-4 of them. Its an extra 40-45 from Bills house than the Racine store. If the Guys dont have a problem traveling an extra 40 mins than the Store is a go. Do we have places for people to stay if they are traveling from far? I know prizes and money will be a lot easier in Janesville than it was in Racine.

Does anyone have a contact for the Minn guys? I have a screen name for one of them on bloomilk but he has not logged in since June.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

jonnyb815 wrote:
Bill(yes Bill is a state/city now) .

ive always thought of him as more of a sovereign nation...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:25 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Considering Racine lost their venue and it would be a new place anyways, no reason not to do Wisconsin closer to the other guys this year (to be fair to everyone).

I don't think it's an issue for anyone other than the Racine kids perhaps to travel - I know it's not an issue for me, MI, Deri/Tim. Might be an issue for Brad though, but he can comment on that. Either way, I'd like it in Jainsville as well and if Brad can't judge, I'm always willing to judge again anyways.

Chicago will be at Chicagoland Games again I am sure.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If I'm able to make it up for the WI regional, where it's at wouldn't really matter that much to me either, as I'd probably be planning to crash at Bill's place anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:27 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Ok some the regional will be in Janesville sometime later in May. We have five college kids I would like them to play if it works out.

(bring money odds you will want to buy something if your a gamer,WI sports fan,like fantasy Tshirts)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:48 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

billiv15 wrote:
Considering Racine lost their venue and it would be a new place anyways, no reason not to do Wisconsin closer to the other guys this year (to be fair to everyone).

I don't think it's an issue for anyone other than the Racine kids perhaps to travel - I know it's not an issue for me, MI, Deri/Tim. Might be an issue for Brad though, but he can comment on that. Either way, I'd like it in Jainsville as well and if Brad can't judge, I'm always willing to judge again anyways.

Chicago will be at Chicagoland Games again I am sure.

According to mapquest it's only another 30 or so minutes, which means I can make it in about 3 hours :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:34 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

dnemiller wrote:
ok so it looks like we may add a NC and a Virginia Regional..... I dont know are those close enough to combine?

I mean if they can seperately pull them off fine. But just checking dont want to overload the same area.

As long as the dates don't conflict, I don't think it would be a problem. Charlotte, NC and Fredericksburg, VA are about 6 hours apart. Our LGS in VA is big enough to host a large group. The owner has already said that we can have the whole store if we need it. She has run Magic tournaments with 60+ players. We might be able to pack more in like Jim did in May. I didn't think we would be able to get more than 4 games going at a time, and we managed 9. I was surprised. Good show Jim!

Anyway, I wouldn't have a problem going to NC to play in a regional tournament, but I know a lot of my playgroup couldn't do it. We managed to take 6 to PA in May and we plan on going back again next year. But that was a drive all morning and all night kinda thing. The Southern VA group would be in between both areas. But I still think they may be closer to us than Charlotte. And we are 30 minutes south of the Washington, DC beltway, so I'm thinking the MD groups might be able to make it. If the NC group wants come up here, we would welcome them with open arms.

That's just my 2 cents. I am ready to get the ball rolling as soon as we are given the word.

AFM: drkjedi35
Bloomilk: swrogue57

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:48 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Yeah what weeks said is right. We are getting a new store in January with more room for gaming. I know we could easily get 12+ for the event. As long as the date isn't too close when Atlanta does theirs I think it would work out well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

If there's a Regional in NoVA, I'll be there. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:37 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
The small Toronto group sadly has seemed to have disintegrated -I guess life just got in the way. If London Ontario has a strong local play group of 11 guys it might be a better option for the Ontario Regional. For Trev, Eric and myself it is pretty much the same travel time anyway. I do not know the guys in London or the venue but I was aware of action over there from the DCI rankings. I have pm'd the DotF pointman, waiting to hear back.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:10 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Lol, I still think La Porte, being 90 minutes from 4 major play groups (MI, Chi, Kokomo and Lafayette) would be a GREAT location for a Regional ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:08 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
R5Don4 wrote:
The small Toronto group sadly has seemed to have disintegrated -I guess life just got in the way. If London Ontario has a strong local play group of 11 guys it might be a better option for the Ontario Regional. For Trev, Eric and myself it is pretty much the same travel time anyway. I do not know the guys in London or the venue but I was aware of action over there from the DCI rankings. I have pm'd the DotF pointman, waiting to hear back.

Change of location for Ontario Regional this year. I spoke to Tim at Comic Book Collector in London Ontario and he is keen to host the event at his shop as long as it isn't on Free-Comic Book day weekend. We'll see if we can get a better turn out this year. The hardcore players have to travel a ways anyway, so it should work out great.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

In regards to a NC regional, I have 2 locations in mind for this regional and I need to check to make sure we could host there. Our normal LGS would probably strongly encourage us to use them. I expect we'll be able from NC to draw in the Knoxville play group, several from Atlanta, perhaps the NoVA gang and the SoVA gang too. I kinda expect Jim to come too perhaps with some of his group. We can get 12-13 alone just from our local group.

The other thing to consider is that coming in February we are going to have the first ever Carolina-Classic not sure the exact dates, but I do know that the winner of that event will get a free pass to the Carolina Regional provided we are permitted to host one. (Note it will be a 3 day thing so ppl travelling wouldnt be driving for just one tournament.)

I am very strongly for hosting and judging some larger events here in NC, so I am hoping we'll get the chance.

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:59 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

I have updated the first post to reflect that we are definately adding North Carolina and northern Virginia

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:53 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Byan, the owner of Gamers DMZ, said they had no problem hosting the regional in Kokomo, IN. He said he well do what ever we need for prise support.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 pm 

dnemiller wrote:
I have updated the first post to reflect that we are definately adding North Carolina and northern Virginia

Thanks Dean. I'm really excited about getting the Northern VA Regionals set up. I have PM'ed with the organizers of the PA and GA tournaments to make sure we don't conflict with each other as far as the dates go. Didn't know who to talk to about NC or NJ (if it happens). If its not too presumptuous, I will tentatively schedule ours for May 14, 2011. That is the weekend after Mothers Day. Thanks again, and I promise this will be the best Star Wars Miniatures Regional Tournament Fredericksburg, VA has ever had!! LOL

AFM: drkjedi35
Bloomilk: swrogue57

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next