logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A competitive Fantasit Four?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:04 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Exar Kun 84
Darth Revan, Sith Lord 62
Darth Bandon 27
Lobot 27

4 activations, 200 points

pretty simple concept, wait until you're in range, then using MT, let your opponent go first, Revan runs in to do 80.. Exar gets swapped in to do 90 more, and the TE out into a free uggy.

170 all-melee damage in one round. provided there is no Kyle to be all up in your grill.

only up to 10 activations with Lobot, but keep yourself hidden well enough until the 3rd round, and you're golden.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: A competitive Fantasit Four?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:19 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Ruhk wrote:
Exar Kun 84
Darth Revan, Sith Lord 62
Darth Bandon 27
Lobot 27
only up to 10 activations with Lobot, but keep yourself hidden well enough until the 3rd round, and you're golden.

Fantastic Four, like Dynamic Duo, does not allow the use of Reinforcements or Reserves

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:36 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

its not supposed to be an actual Fantastic 4. Just happened that 4 characters totaled 200.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:36 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I like the play style of the squad! It would be a pretty devistating squad if you ask me. I imagine it will have similar potency as Lord Vader Swap squad. With that being said, although it works slightly different than Lord Vader's squad, you might want to try making it a little more like that squad to ensure you don't loose key tech minis (mouse droids/uggies/Lobot) which can make this squad much more difficult to run.

I'm just wondering if maybe taking Darth Bandon out would make it more of a vital squad. My reasoning is that when you use Darth Bandon although you get a great beat along with an excellent commander effect, you give up a lot. Bandon's CE will be hard to utilize with this low number of activations and limited number of mouse droids due to you bringing in enough uggies for door control/TE through Lobot's reinforcements.

Also, the use of Lobot is more limited by using Darth Bandon. You always need at least one mouse droid, and uggies for additional door control and rodian brutes to give revan another option to swap with beside Exar if need be leaving you with fewer options for reinforcements.

I was thinking, if you drop Darth Bandon for Uggies/Mice/Rodian Brutes, you will have more activations, and you have everything you need so if you need to bring in another override mini/human bodyguard/or some other sort of tech you can. Or you can bring in EVEN MORE uggies/mice/rodian brutes to give you solid activations plus the opportunity to have a round to set up Revan for the deep strike AFTER seeing what your opponent does with a large majority of their squad. I'm not saying you'll be able to out activate most squads, but with the counters against Dodonna, I think Dodonna will be less played so I think you will be out activating a decent number of squads.

:scout: :scout: :scout: :scout: :scout: :scout: :scout:
. :Snowie: :Snowie: :Snowie: :Snowie: :Snowie: :Snowie:

62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
84 Exar Kun
27 Lobot
9 Mouse Droids x3
9 Ugnaught Demolitionists x3
9 Rodian Brutes x3

Reinforcements [Lobot]:
8 R-7, Astromech Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionists x2
6 Rodian Brutes x2