logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Jedi_Master's minis
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:54 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I suggested a list of mini's on the V2 set list. Figured I should try my hand at making them too ^^

Separatists
1. A count dooku with a commander effect
Cost: 50 (with both ce’s) 46 (with one or the other)
HP: 120
Def: 20
Att: 15
Dam: 20

SA
Unique, Lightsaber Duelist, Melee Attack, Double Attack

FP
Force 2, Force Renewal 1, Lightsaber Block, Lightsaber Riposte, MotF 2

CE
Followers with a force rating gain Lightsaber Block (he trained many dark jedi in how to use their lightsaber)
and/or
Allied characters within 6 gain +4 attack (he did embolden his allies)

2. A grievous without a commander effect and with clone wars cartoon stats (before windu broke him.)
Cost: 52
HP 120
Def 20
Att 8
Dam 20

SA

Unique, Cyborg, Melee Attack, quintuple Attack (yes, 5, he used his foot to hold a lightsaber too, hence the low attack.), Jedi Hunter, wall climber (really surprised he never got this, even in the movies he did this a lot), evade, lightsaber duelist

FP
Force 1

Republic
1. A little Anakin Skywalker (maybe fringe, but before his jedi training)
Cost: 15
HP 40
Def 16
Att 5
Dam 10

SA

Unique, Industrial repair 30, repair 30

FP
Force 2

2. Jedi training ball (the thing that shoots the mini laser to train the younglings...and that zapped luke)
Cost: 8
HP 20
Def 15
Att 10
Dam 10

SA
Droid, Mobility, Evade, Stun (Living targets hit by this characters attacks are considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 11 negates.)

Old Republic
1. A new Bastila.
Cost: 36
HP 100
Def 18
Att 12
Dam 20

SA
Unique, Melee Attack, Double Attack

FP
Force 4, Battle Meditation, Lightsaber Defense, Lightsaber Sweep

CE
Followers gain +2 attack and +2 defense.

2. War droids other than the jugger

Old Republic War Droid
Cost: 18
HP 60
Def 18
Att 8
Dam 20

SA
Droid, Double attack, Shields 10

Old Republic Guard Droid
Cost: 26
HP 100
Def 16
Att 12
Damage 20

SA
Droid, Double attack, Shields 20, Flamethrower 20, speed 4

Post subject: Re: Jedi_Master's minis
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:39 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I like the stats for Dooku. Dooku's CE is what the seperatists need IMO. I kinda expected to see Sith Lightning or Force Lightning becuase every Dooku mini so far has had either of those. giving Lightsaber block to allies with Force ratings is a huge help to mini's like Assaj, Grievous and Maul. I think his cost would have to be a bit higher if he had both the +4 attack and giving Lightsaber block as a CE. Good stats though! The +4 attack a lone would make him my favorite mini in the game (second to Malak, DLotS), since you can boost mini's like Durge, JH and then people would really have to be afraid of his tripple twin attack at a potential +21 attack, if you include Whorm Loathsome. Darth Maul, CotS would be really scary to deal with since he'd have a +17 attack with quadruple twin from Whorm. Griovous JH would also be decent with the quadruple twin from Whorm. If they are going to make a Dooku with a CE (which they should!) it should a least grant a +4 attack bonus.

I gotta say I love the Greivous you made. Wall Climber makes sense (he climbs the ceiling numerous times in SWTCW's). Evade....meh, i guess that makes sense. Quintuple Attack = awesome (although I can't imagine anyone would be crazy enough to remain based to him, so you better hope you win init).

Jedi Training Ball.....why does it have more attack than a IG-86 assasin droid? :D Seriously I could see these things being overpowered in a Sep squad when Wat Tambo, Techno Union Foreman brings these things in. +14 attack with twin from Whorm and the BDO for two chances to stun is pretty nasty if you ask me. Is mobility similar to Mobile Attack?

I love the OR droids. The OR Guard Droid is insane! Shields 20 and Flamethrower 20 is a great addition for a double attacking +12 attack 100 HP droid at 26 pts cost. Speed 4 is a slight impediment, but Kazdan can bring this guy in for the Rebels and then K-3P0 can give them speed 8. :D

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:45 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

nah, Kaz won't help, you have to use the more restrictive of the abilities for Speed, so he might have speed4 and 8, but can only use 8. (this was rule when K-3P0 was released, but with Gonks)

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:25 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Let the in parts reply begin ^^

obikenobi1 wrote:
I like the stats for Dooku. Dooku's CE is what the seperatists need IMO. I kinda expected to see Sith Lightning or Force Lightning becuase every Dooku mini so far has had either of those. giving Lightsaber block to allies with Force ratings is a huge help to mini's like Assaj, Grievous and Maul. I think his cost would have to be a bit higher if he had both the +4 attack and giving Lightsaber block as a CE. Good stats though! The +4 attack a lone would make him my favorite mini in the game (second to Malak, DLotS), since you can boost mini's like Durge, JH and then people would really have to be afraid of his tripple twin attack at a potential +21 attack, if you include Whorm Loathsome. Darth Maul, CotS would be really scary to deal with since he'd have a +17 attack with quadruple twin from Whorm. Griovous JH would also be decent with the quadruple twin from Whorm. If they are going to make a Dooku with a CE (which they should!) it should a least grant a +4 attack bonus.

No SL or FL was mostly because, while he did favor the ability, I can't think of a time he used it when he was in command. He used it when in combat a lot but this is more his command version, commander means less combat abilities. As for the +4 and LS block, he has to be within 6 or have a lot of little scoot droids for his +4 to kick in. It might be high (+2 might be better) but the non droid seps really need a good boost...

obikenobi1 wrote:
I gotta say I love the Greivous you made. Wall Climber makes sense (he climbs the ceiling numerous times in SWTCW's). Evade....meh, i guess that makes sense. Quintuple Attack = awesome (although I can't imagine anyone would be crazy enough to remain based to him, so you better hope you win init).

He also uses wall climber in the movies on his ship ^^. As for evade, in SWTCW he dodged blaster bolts like no other, most likely because he couldn’t deflect them. Also, quint won’t do much for him, 8 attack with little to no hope of a buff means he gets a lot of swings, not a lot of hits.
obikenobi1 wrote:
Jedi Training Ball.....why does it have more attack than a IG-86 assasin droid? :D Seriously I could see these things being overpowered in a Sep squad when Wat Tambo, Techno Union Foreman brings these things in. +14 attack with twin from Whorm and the BDO for two chances to stun is pretty nasty if you ask me. Is mobility similar to Mobile Attack?

First off, I’ve been playing to much D&D :P mobile attack, not mobility. Second, how on earth would a republic droid make it onto a sep squad? I might have missed a new mini that can be with the seps that lets any droid on their team but if not, it’s a republic droid, its not a monster. Its small, low damage, and a one hit wonder. Still the republic could use some stun/activation control so here was my thought on it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:30 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Wat Tambo, Techno Union Foreman, from Galaxy at War, has Immediate Droid Reserves, like Kazdan. So it could be brought into Seps with a lucky roll.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:50 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Ah, cool. Well, ruhk, what do you think of them?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:10 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

some thoughts then:

Dooku
-give him marakshi style, and Force Lightning 2. Cost ~ 50 if he has the +4 attack CE

Grevious
- even with a +8, he only needs Quad, give him Blaster 20 like GGDAC.. bump def to 21 and drop evade.

Anakin
- right on for what he does, could bump his cost and give him Mobile

Training ball
-not a bad idea, stun is a better Paralysis. I might lower its attack, shouldn't be higher than its cost.

Bastila
-how is it different or better than the old one? Battle Meditation still sucks :P

Droids
-inline with other droids in that range, costed well for their abilities.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:21 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Ruhk wrote:
some thoughts then:

Dooku
-give him marakshi style, and Force Lightning 2. Cost ~ 50 if he has the +4 attack CE

Fair enough, i'll give it a look.

Ruhk wrote:
Grevious
- even with a +8, he only needs Quad, give him Blaster 20 like GGDAC.. bump def to 21 and drop evade.

No to the blaster (Clone wars cartoon version didn't use one did he?) but yeah, evade might be a bit much.

Ruhk wrote:
Anakin
- right on for what he does, could bump his cost and give him Mobile

Mobile repair unit :P

Ruhk wrote:
Training ball
-not a bad idea, stun is a better Paralysis. I might lower its attack, shouldn't be higher than its cost.

fair enough, and since he can wiggle into a sep squad I think 6 is more appropriate.

Ruhk wrote:
Bastila
-how is it different or better than the old one? Battle Meditation still sucks :P

Hahaha, true enough. The major differences are the static commander effect (like she already used valor), the double rather than triple attack, and the much lower cost (10 less).