logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Re: V-Set 2 - Minis, Force Powers and Abilities You want to See
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:44 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

"blaster rifle mounted with a bayonet blade..."

It could adjust damage, attack and the number of attacks (if she had twin or double attack against non-adjacent enemies, she now only has one attack, but at a higher damage/attack)

OR

When attacking adjacent enemies, she can CHOOSE if she wants her attack to count as melee or non-melee. That ability could help her get around block/parry if there is a lack of deflect, and it will help her get around deflect if block/parry is lacking on her opponent.

In terms of her armor, I was thinking she could have Cloaked. Or if you want a new ability: It could be something where enemies who target her get -? to attack due to difficaulty seeing her exact location.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:00 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

lonescout wrote:
In terms of her armor, I was thinking she could have Cloaked. Or if you want a new ability: It could be something where enemies who target her get -? to attack due to difficaulty seeing her exact location.

"This character gains [ability] for attacks farther than 6 squares away."

where [ability] could be Advantageous Cover, Cloaked, or invisibility. Variations on Stealth.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:02 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Wow, been a long time guys ^^

Anyway, a little mando told me you were working on V sets and I should put in my two cents :P So, here is the list of things I have wanted in this game since...well...universe for some.

Separatists
1. A count dooku with a commander effect. I mean, come on, he was the leader of the whole seperation.
2. A grievous without a commander effect and with clone wars cartoon stats...(before windu broke him)
3. Multi-Troop Transport (MTT). The big thing that carries little droids.
4. OOM-9...oh...wait *happy*
Republic
1. A little Anakin Skywalker (maybe fringe, but before his jedi training)
2. Jedi training ball (the thing that shoots the mini laser to train the younglings...and that zapped luke)
3. ATTE (like the at-at, only republic, and while I am at it...)
Empire
1. Fix the AT-AT
Rebels
1. actually, I got nothing :P
Old Republic
1. A new Bastila.
2. War droids other than the jugger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:12 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I would like to see a CE for OR NU. The battle masters and WEW are great but I would like to see a CE for damage for just NU OR guys. I think there could be more done to the soliders too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:41 am 

YV Demolishionist
YV override

YV CE for opportunist or deceptive (used after Thudbug)
YV CE to give Razorbug (low power range attack)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:49 pm 
General
General

Sith Marauder = Evil Starkiller 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:22 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I've also posted some of these in the earlier idea thread for V-set 1, and again recently in the V-set 2 idea thread over at Bloomilk:

Darth Maul on Speeder
Amidala's Queen's Handmaiden (perhaps using the Queen Amidala sculpt as the suggested mini)
Joruus C'Baoth, Mad Clone
some tougher ARC Troopers
ARC Trooper Commander in red from the original Clone Wars cartoons.
Ben Skywalker (using the Luke Skywalker Jedi from Rebel Storm as the suggested mini)
R2-D2 for the New Republic
C-3PO for the New Republic
Chewbacca for the New Republic
Jedi Master Luke Skywalker (a little cheaper and can more easily fit into a squad with other New Republic heroes)
Treis Sinde, Imperial Knight (from the Legacy comics would make an awesome V-set card, and the Darth Tyranus figure from the RotS set might work as the suggested minis for him even though he's got a red lightsaber)
Imperial Officer, Legacy (for the Sith faction, his CE could bring other, non-unique Imperial forces into the Sith faction to play alongside Darth Krayt, Talon, and Nihl)

Master Force Leap (for the cost of a Force point, the character is considered to have Flight for the turn)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:02 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Republic commandos....
not really a revamp of the figures we have but new republic commandos and new republic commando CE's to help them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:35 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ben Skywalker
New Republic troopers/GAG
Decent, low cost, non unique, NR jedi
NR Chewie, C-3PO, and R2
Zeck
Another Jaina

Vestara Khai

There is no such thing as I cannot, either I will not, or I do not know how.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:03 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I always felt like WOTC intended in BH for the Mandos to be the efficient "rangless" CE faction, but quickly got away from that in Legacy. I'd like to see that concept return but understand that "Booming Voice" style would be completely broken due to a certain piece in DoTF.

There are a couple of ways to do it though:

Mandalorian Technician
HP: 30
Def: 15
Atk: 7
Dmg: 10

Coms Uplink: Allies whose name contains "Mandalorian" are considered to be within 6 for purposes of Commander Effects or Special Abilities.

or ala Rodian Trader

Coms Uplink: (replaces attack, Allies whose name contain Mandalorian are considered to be within 6 of target adjacent commander for remainder of skirmish)

Then depending on point cost and Uplink various other effects can be added

Blaster Rifle Upgrade (but not Blaster Upgrade)
Rig Blaster

Stealth Field Generator: At the start of the Skirmish choose one Mandalorian Ally. That ally gains cloaked/stealth for remainder of Skirmish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
I always felt like WOTC intended in BH for the Mandos to be the efficient "rangless" CE faction, but quickly got away from that in Legacy. I'd like to see that concept return but understand that "Booming Voice" style would be completely broken due to a certain piece in DoTF.

Mandalorian Technician

Coms Uplink: Allies whose name contains "Mandalorian" are considered to be within 6 for purposes of Commander Effects or Special Abilities.

or ala Rodian Trader

Coms Uplink: (replaces attack, Allies whose name contain Mandalorian are considered to be within 6 of target adjacent commander for remainder of skirmish)

Rig Blaster

Stealth Field Generator: At the start of the Skirmish choose one Mandalorian Ally. That ally gains cloaked/stealth for remainder of Skirmish.

Or just make the guy pretty cheap and give him Relay Orders?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

swinefeld wrote:

Mandalorian Technician

or ala Rodian Trader

Rig Blaster

That's less efficient than using mice????? Not sure how that would do anything, unless he was a fairly beefy piece outside of that, which would then just eliminate uses for any other mandalorian pieces...not a good trend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:01 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Since we have enough floating out there, how bout some Elite Bespin Guards or something like that. Maybe a new Lobot that is more of a coordinator than just used for Override/Reinforcements/Reserves). Maybe a bonus like the BDO that grants +4 attack to non-unique Fringe allies.

Kleef, the Gungan Bounty Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:17 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

swinefeld wrote:

Mandalorian Technician

or ala Rodian Trader

Rig Blaster

Ding ding ding we have a winner!! :D

Seriously, and I wouldn't normally do something like this, but I will throw this out there:

Communications Technician 11 pts. Fringe
40 Hit Points
14 Defense
+0 Attack
0 Damage

Special Abilities
Stealth
Relay Orders

This is one idea I have been kicking around.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:40 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

swinefeld wrote:

Mandalorian Technician

or ala Rodian Trader

Rig Blaster

That's less efficient than using mice????? Not sure how that would do anything, unless he was a fairly beefy piece outside of that, which would then just eliminate uses for any other mandalorian pieces...not a good trend.

Ah right, well I'm just thinking in terms of not having the guy just hide in a corner like Mas. First version of Coms seems a little bit much as worded. I like the 2nd version better.

Stealth Field Generator I think would need a decent cost penalty, considering you could give it to Mandalores/Canderous.

I do like the concept you're going for though. All the existing ranged Mando commanders cost enough to be rangeless, IMO.
[Edit: considering the generally higher cost of the faction in general, that is.)

That said, after seeing Boris's response, I stand by my initial statement. :P

Last edited by swinefeld on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, Dennis, unfortunately, there's no real incentive to play a piece like that instead of 3.67 Mouse Droids (or even just 3, leaving the 2 points hanging). Increased activations, non-living screens, tough to hit....Darn Mouse Droid Syndrome.

The ideas above going off of something similar to the Rodian Trader's style of handing out abilities is rather cool. Heck, could have a Mando Technician that granted Relay Orders to other Mandos as a Replaces Attacks/Turn option (a la Rodian Trader). Then whatever is channeled through Relay Orders would affect the piece with RO itself. ;)

Some interesting ideas here guys. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

how about a Relay Orders and Spotter +10/+20 combo? You are going to have to get whoever has the Relay into battle anyway, and Spotter is basicly unused except by deri at gencon :). Its a cool way to get 2 usefull abilities up and into the fight by offering something that mouse droids just cant do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

My 2 cents for characters I hope to see some day:

Chop'aa Notimo -- a mandalorian unique with black sun ties
Kleef -- the gungan bounty hunter -- the minature already exists, we just need the card!
Starkiller -- "fully unleashed" lol with lots of abilities (and a high point cost, I would guess)
Darth Maladi -- a great character from the legacy series that needs some representation!

A guy can hope, right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:21 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Weeks wrote:
how about a Relay Orders and Spotter +10/+20 combo? You are going to have to get whoever has the Relay into battle anyway, and Spotter is basicly unused except by deri at gencon :). Its a cool way to get 2 usefull abilities up and into the fight by offering something that mouse droids just cant do.

I don't see spotter being much of a technician style ability.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:29 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Weeks wrote:

I don't see spotter being much of a technician style ability.

I dont see how Thrawn and Mas can make people switch places by yelling at them either jk lol. I figure something like that would give you an option over just paying 11 points for something you could get for 3. If they made the 11 point one i probably wouldnt play it. You dont have to name it Technician either maybe make it

Mandalorian Agent 11 points

40hp
15def
2att(needed an attack and damage to combine fire)
10dam

Spotter +20, Relay Orders, Stealth.

Boom! relay orders for your guns and scouts and a reason to play him.

Edit:could also give him that -4 defence when he combines fire thingy or even traps

Last edited by Weeks on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next