logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Re: V-Set 2 - Minis, Force Powers and Abilities You want to See
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:25 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Here are some custom abilities I use in RPG's. May be they can be of use/help/whatever

Flamecaster (Replaces attacks; range 12, 20 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target, 20 damage to any character between this character and target; save 11, this ability can be used twice on this characters turn if it has not moved)

Force Pull (Force 4, replaces attacks: direct line of sight; target 1 enemy character can be moved to within 6 squares but not adjacent to this character; save of 11 target takes 20 damage and is not moved)

Silent Assassin (At the end of its turn, if this character has made no attacks and has taken no damage; this character's next attack roll counts as a natural 20.)

Deadly Shot (Replaces turn: Make one attack at +6 Attack and +20 Damage against a nonadjacent enemy

Headshot (Replaces turn: Make 1 attack at +30 damage. This character gains Accurate Shot [Can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy] and Sniper [Other characters do not provide cover against this character's attack.])

Assassin (+10 Damage against Unique enemies)

Contract Assassin (After setup, choose any 1 Unique enemy. This character gets +4 Attack and +10 Damage against the chosen enemy.)

Overwhelming Attack If this Character takes no damage on its turn, its gets +6 attack and +20 Damage on all Melee Attacks next round.

Encumbered Movement This character may not move through squares occupied by allied characters.

Beast Tender (This Character cannot be targeted by characters with Savage. Replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 damage from a character with Savage.)

Animal Handler (Up to 2 Savage characters lose Savage and gain Pet [this character must have line of sight on its Handler or it is considered activated this turn])
Impulsive Feral (If this character is defeated, for the remainder of the skirmish Pet Followers gain Feral [This character must immediately move its speed and attack 1 character, enemy or ally. On this characters turn, this character must immediately move its speed and attack 1 character, enemy or ally])

Go Fetch (Replaces turn; target Pet follower can move its speed and then make all its attacks at +2 Attack against 1 enemy who has activated this round)

Limited Flight (Ignores enemy characters, low obstacles, and pits when moving; may only move 6 squares using Flight)

Weak Spot (If this character has moved on its turn it takes X Damage from characters with X)

Mounted Blaster 30 (Instead of making its normal attacks, this character can make 1 attack against an enemy in line of sight at +12 Attack and 30 Damage.)

Cybernetic Suit Counts as both a Droid and a non-Droid; living; subject to critical hits.

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:58 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Sithborg wrote:
General Themes:

1. Darktroopers revamped for Imperials, whether it is just Mohc, or preferably, all three versions.
2. Black Sun expanded. Ideally a Xizor that gives a big bonus for having a Fringe only squad.
3. The One Sith made into a theme, probably with a Krayt or Veed creating some limited crossover.
4. Some Trooper specific CE's for Republic, along with maybe a new boost to Commandos.
5. Living Seps. We have plenty of Quarren, Aqualish, and a few other species that can be Sep. Maybe work in the Clone Wars Death Watch.
6. Try to make Rebel Troopers workable.
7. Add a few Trooper options for NR.
8. Make an Infiltrator theme for Nom Anor with Humans and Duros.
9. Heck, make enhance the Peace Brigade.
10. Do some interesting things with Sith non-Sith, or the Troopers and Assault Droids.
11. Huge Seperatist support. Comon, they've got the most Huges, it would be awesome to face down a couple.

Specific minis to follow...

Wow +1 to every one of those, especially #9 and #11

As for more mini characters:

Thracken Sal-Solo
(use a han to represent him, you can even paint a goatee on haha)
With a reinforcements/rapport for peace brigade.
Gives opportunist to peace brigade allies or perhaps:
Vong Collaborator "Characters in your squad named peace brigade count as yuuzahn vong for the purposes of commander effects"
And of course betrayal.

Jan Ors
(use old republic recruit)
Synergy with Kyle Katarn (+4 Attack and +4 defense for her)
Pilot
Stealth
Blaster upgrade
Override/door gimmick

Remake Kyle Katarn (the first one)
Lower his cost and give him grenades/missiles
Lightsaber
Accurate Shot
Stealth
Disruptive
Mobile Attack
Force 3
Recovery [#]: (Force; 1 Force point) Instead of taking its normal turn, a character using this Force power removes [#] damage from itself. Recovery can’t raise this character’s Hit Points above its starting amount.
Lightsaber Block

(I think this reflects the Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight Kyle alot more)

General Grievous Jedi Hunter (redo)
Same stats but give him jedi hunter, twin attack, ambush, and blaster.

Super Battle Droid
Make it cheaper

Rocket Droid/Jump Droid (superbattle droid that flies)
Same stats but with flight and cheaper.

VONG

Fire Breather (use an X-1 Viper droid)
HP 120
Damage Reduction 10
Flamethrower 50
Evade (to reflect their anti-laser aerosals, otherwise give them damage reduction 20)

Nas Choka (use a subaltern)
CE Vong followers gain mobile attack and/or blast bug (Blast Bug: Instead of making its normal attack or attacks, this character deals 20 damage to one enemy within 6 squares, save 11)

Peace Brigade Commander (mercenary commander)
Peace Brigade followers gain mobile attack and razor bug

Shamed One (Yuuzhan Vong Advance Scout)
Cost 3
HP 20
Def 12
Atk 3
Dmg 10
Force Immunity

Harrar (as the priest)
Master Scarification

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

New Hoth Han (i know we did one in DotF but Hoth Han needs an update)
New Padawan Obi
New Kotor characters WotC didnt put too much into those guys

Tahiri
Vergere
New NR luke that you can run with mara.
I'm also on board for New Super vader.

Some Han solo type abilities

Save the Princess (when a character who's name contains leia would take damage from any source this character may take the damage instead)

Yes your Worship (This character is subject to Commander Effects from a character who's name contains Leia) Be good for a Commander Han to still use Leia's CE.

Sorry about the mess (This character may move his speed after Defeating an enemy character)

Your all clear kid (adjacent allies whose name contains luke gain Accurite shot)

For Leia

I'm not a Commitee (counts as a follower for commander effects)

For Luke

a little short for a stormtrooper (this character may not be targetted until he attacks)

Bullseye (if this character doesnt move he gains +20 damage vs enemies within 6 squares on his turn.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I'll try to not list any that have been said already:
-NR Luke to represent Thrawn Trilogy era
-Fringe Talon Karrde with some sort of Information Broker ability and a CE for smuggler-types
-Fringe Mara to work with Talon Karrde
-Any other missing Thrawn characters (Joruus C'Baoth, Pellaeon, etc.)
-Alternate Force traditions: Baran Do, Zeishon Sha, Matukai, Aing-Tii, etc.
-Alpha 17 with a CE to benefit Order 66 commanders ("to fill the command gap between Jedi and Clone Troopers")

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:11 am 
General
General

Azavander wrote:
SA:

Bounty - Target a unique opponent character during set up, that character has -4 defense when targeted by a fringe ally as long as this character is in play

I would absolutely LOVE to see a Bounty Hunting / Capturing mechanic in SWM. Something along the lines of what bounty hunting meant in SWCCG, whereby there were ways to not simply kill an opponent's character, but to capture it instead for bonuses. A captured character is as good as defeated, but there is always the risk that they could be rescued.

This would imply:

- a Jabba which gave bonuses for capturing bounties
- some new mechanic for Han in Carbonite to make it a playable option
- perhaps additional pieces with bonuses while captured (recreate the Rebel infiltration of Jabba's Palace!)
- perhaps bonuses for "torturing" a captive?

Basically, bounty hunting should be more than simply a boost to attacking unique figures. It should be about NO DISINTEGRATIONS ;)

An idea off the top of my head:

Jabba The Hutt, Gangster

Take Bounty: Once per game, if your ally with Bounty Hunter defeats an adjacent enemy, you may choose to place that enemy on Jabba's card. Immediately choose: Jabba The Hutt gains one CE on the defeated enemy, OR Choose a Special Ability on the defeated enemy. Jabba The Hutt gains the following CE: Allies with Bounty Hunter gain that special ability"

If Jabba The Hutt is defeated, this enemy is returned to the map with full hit-points and Force Points. The enemy character is placed on a square previously occupied by Jabba.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I was thinking a new Bane with Orbalisk Armor. Also, he was a mastery in Djem So, maybe he can be updated with that fightning style. If i was going to do the armor ability it may be something like this:

Orbalisk Armor = Damage reduction of 20, lightning ignores this ability. Must use one force point every turn before activation to keep this armor ability, must also make a save 11 for 10 dmg from orbalisks parasites (can't be prevented).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:57 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

1) I would like to see a Jabba that could put a "bounty" in a target enemy, granting bonuses or maybe extra victory points when the wanted char is defeated.

2) Also, i'm reading black fleet crisis and thought of a NR piece. Li Stonn

Luke Skywalker's pseudonym. Li Stonn could be a similar han in carbonite for NR Lukes.

something like:
Li Stonn, NR, X
HP 30
Def 13
At 0
Dam 0

Melee, Mettle, Luke's pseudonym (start of the skirmish = chose one rebel faction character that counts only as luke skywalker. Li Stonn costs 2/3 rounded up of that char. When Li Stonn is defeated, make a save 11, if successful remove Li Stonn and put the chosen luke directly in play. If unsuccessful, put the chosen luke directly into play, with 1/2 HP rounded down.)

Force 1, FR 1, MotF 2
Jedi Mind Trick, Force Alter, Force Stun, Master Speed, Force cloak

maybe it's too powerfull, but i think you all got the general idea.

3) an Anakin Solo that could bring Chewie to NR play, but if Chewie if defeated he gains something negative, like an "impulse badthing but not savage"

4) Ben Skywalker that could join/bring any Jacen Solo, but whenever jacen solo makes the final hit in one enemy piece, ben makes a save not to join the enemy's side.

I don't even like NR that much, but since all i'm reading right now is about that period i can't think of any other ideas :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:08 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Ruthless (This character may target allies with it's attacks, special abilities, or force powers)

Practical use would probably be limited to the MTB, but there's plenty of characters that an SA like that would fit their personality.

Editted it to expand it's uses (though not by much).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:15 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Lord_Ball wrote:
Ruthless (This character may attack allies)

Practical use would probably be limited to the MTB, but there's plenty of characters that an SA like that would fit their personality.

Also helpful with someone who has Long Shot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:27 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

jedispyder wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

Why not make it where he can attack anything like diplomats and allies? then you will get some more use out of it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Weeks wrote:
jedispyder wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

Why not make it where he can attack anything like diplomats and allies? then you will get some more use out of it

If they run with it and expand on it that would work too! I'm just laying the ground work for an interesting ability that could have many great uses!

As is you could always run a Kel Dor BH up next to the Diplomat and make him explode ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:14 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

To make it even better, create a Commander Effect which gives Ruthless to any ally. In one game, you might want Grenades to be used on allies, in another, Force Push. THAT would be awesome <running to a different VSet 2 thread>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:16 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Lord_Ball wrote:
Ruthless (This character may target allies with it's attacks, special abilities, or force powers)

I really like this idea. I think the piece should have a low attack since it could get pretty nasty killing a 10 hp force user and now turn one you can do unleash the force. I dont think any of the other combos are that amazing. You could do the same thing using the Doc so maybe I am wrong about the low attack.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:02 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

There has been a lot of posts in this thread and others with abilities and characters so I just want to speak on a few things I'd like to see (and yeah some character suggestion too)

- More Comic Book Support! lets get some more characters from the various comics into the mix. Vilmarh Grahrk, Tott Doneeta, Master Thon, as examples. People who may not be major players, but were certainly featured a good bit. or characters like Carnor Jax, because who else is Kir Kanos going to fight? haha.

- Game Tiles! I am not an aficionado on copyrights and such but is it out of the question for Game Tiles along with the V-sets? Maybe just as a Print out only even? In particular just for the Huge pieces maybe, seeing as its harder to get stand in pieces for some of the possibilities. And on the subject of Huges, I'd love to see an AT-PT... mostly because I never had the west end games model.. sigh..

- More use of Affinity! And I am not talking an overdoes of it, but just proper and deserved use of it. An example would have been bringing Ulic to the OR with the Cay Qel-Droma piece. Only problem with Affinity is that sometimes a characters abilitys will not be a good fit for another faction. Such as the Mando Conscription Ulic has, which is a big reason why I assume they never did it. And if not Affinity, then more specific case by case abilities to help modify a pieces transfer of faction.

- MINI SETS! Something like the Dejarik pieces very easily could have been boxed as its own set, and in their place a whole other variety of options for their spots in the MOTF set. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for some themed mini sets. We have seen the Hoth and CW sets already, why stop there. A quick Example would be doing a Republic Commando Set. It would be Omega Squad from the novels. Then maybe toss in a Skirata, Etain, and some baddies for them to fight to create an out of the box, "even' match up.

- INFINITIES! I guess this one might fall under the Comic Book stuff, but its specified enough I figured I'd make special mention. Infinities were the "what if" comics. an example would be Vader lived at the end of the ROTJ comic and is now back to the Light side and with the Rebels while in an all white Armored suit. It's a stretch but some pieces like that might be pretty cool to have.

- Uniquely Named Abilities! More special abilities like "It's a Trap" and "Never Tell Me the Odds" Just new abilities with unique names. Mostly reserved for specific pieces. I wouldn't expect "No Disintegration's" on anything other than a Boba Fett... whereas "I have a Bad Feeling About This" could be given to half the cast of SW lol. Speaking of "No Disintegration's" if there is ever a new Boba just give more crit bonus damage instead of a one shot kill. Or for "I have a Bad Feeling About This" a situation defense bonus. say when surrounded by more than one or two enemies. Some simple ideas that can easily be made into something better.

- More Use for Certain Abilities! Abilities like Pilot could have more use if developed better. Likewise it would be neat to see more abilities such as this that are group based like Pilot or Order 66. Something could possibly create sub factions within a faction. Say printing Deathwatch on a few mandos, and having a character like one of the Vizsla's Uniquely played with them. just an exclusive CE maybe. Making Deathwatch an ability prevents it from having being incorporated into a characters Name. It also shortens the "Go To" list of pieces so that gameplay becomes more unique and less standardized per any given faction. Just more simple concepts.

Now its time for some oddball concepts, that may or may not have a place

- Bar Tenders! I'm not really sure what use a Wuher piece would be, but it might be fun to have a unique character like this. Someone to debuff the enemy pieces. Get them drunk somehow and say lower their attack as they are now impaired. Make him sort of a neutral or hard to kill piece like a Diplomat. Doesn't have to be Wuher either. Depending how any concept is developed it might be better as a Unique or Non Unique. Hard to say hehe.

- BANDS! The same with a Bar Tender.. I think something like the Max Rebo Band or Cantina Band have little place in the game. but perhaps they do. Once more create a non combat piece that can buff others. Their musical inspiration might give an attack or defense buff to friendlys, and one to the opponent as well, because everyone loves music right? But at a reduction. say +3 to friendly and +1 to enemy. It would be a unique effect within the game

Anyway thats some quick thoughts for now, hope they prove useful somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:10 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Lord_Ball wrote:

I wish one of us on the design team had thought of something like this.... ;)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Can we please get a Darth Sidious Hologram that the Separatists can use? Doesn't need to be the same CE, maybe he's just a force battery or something.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

barzillai wrote:
Can we please get a Darth Sidious Hologram that the Separatists can use? Doesn't need to be the same CE, maybe he's just a force battery or something.

Same CE would be fine since it doesn't affect droids. The other two Sidious are already Force Batteries in their own way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:41 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I've now thought up 5 or so minis from each faction id like to see.

Rebel:Kyle Katarn, Leia, Bail, Mon mothma, Garm bel Iblis

Imperial:Carnor Jax, Soontir Fel, Dahlaa, Armond Isard, One of the Moff's that lets Sith come into imperials and vice versa.

Mando:Fenn Shysa, Jango Fett, Walon Vau, Kal Skirata, Cassus Fett

Vong:Omini, Tahiri, Nos Choka, Nom, Jedi Slayers of any kind.

NR:Ikrit, Winter, Tycho Celchu, Corran Horn, Borsk Feyla

Seps:Grevious(for petes sake make him a good fighter for once), Shu Mai, Tikkes, dooku with a ce, nute gunray(lol)

OR:Brianna, Mical, Vandar, Vrook, Kavar

Republic:Twilek Gray paladin chick, etain tur'murkan, Eath Koth, The ARC captian from the battle of muunlist, The Talz Jedi to go along with wolfman and roron.

Sith:Darth Stryfe, Warb Null, Darth Wyylok(mas ameda as a suggested mini), Vul Isen, Darth Maladi

Fringe:Jabba, Vergere(not sure what faction she would be so i put her here), Thraken Sal-Solo, Booster Terrik, GO-TO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:56 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Mist, Bounty Hunter

Quote from Wookieepedia:
"Weapons included a heavy blaster pistol, and a blaster rifle mounted with a bayonet blade, along with a hold-out blaster for emergencies.[2] Mist also carried two smoke grenades and two paralysis grenades."

Quote from Wookieepedia:
"Mist wore a heavily modified suit of Krail Armory Model 1010 Photo-reactive Personal Armor. The suit was covered in a coating of photosensitive microscopic crystals that reflected the ambient colors of any area, making the armor difficult to see."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

lonescout wrote:
Mist, Bounty Hunter

Quote from Wookieepedia:
"Weapons included a heavy blaster pistol, and a blaster rifle mounted with a bayonet blade, along with a hold-out blaster for emergencies.[2] Mist also carried two smoke grenades and two paralysis grenades."

Quote from Wookieepedia:
"Mist wore a heavily modified suit of Krail Armory Model 1010 Photo-reactive Personal Armor. The suit was covered in a coating of photosensitive microscopic crystals that reflected the ambient colors of any area, making the armor difficult to see."

that bayonet part gives me a quick idea.

make an ability similar to lightsbaber but simply called Bayonet granting a +10 dmg on melee attacks for base 10 dmg shooters. Other than lightsbaer I can't think of a non force user version of this type of ability. forgive me if I am wrong.

Also the Grey Paladin idea was cool from the 'Coruscant Nights" series of novels. They are force users who do not use lightsabers but ranged weapons and blasters instead. Here is a reference link. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Paladin

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next