logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Coolecticon Winners Report, Why Darth Revan is Awesome
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:30 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Why Darth Revan, Sith Lord is awesome

Hello everyone here is my play Report form coolecticon.

First off here is what i played

--You just got Bossked--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
29 Bossk, Trandoshan Hunter
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Darth Bandon
21 GenoHaradan Assassin
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Rodian Brute x2
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4

(199pts. 14 activations)

So this would be my first time running Revan in a tourney so i took some notes with him as i tried differant things. Revan can get really anywhere on the map and lay down 60 or 80 with bandon on someone. His best use however is to get your other attackers up and killing as much as possible so he and bandon can step in at the end and take all the glory.

So my squad has serveral differant optinos that it can do.

Bossk can shoot, stun mortor, or get double claws. Double claws being very nasty when getting Bandon's CE.

Dash as a late round/Fodder shooter to get the trash off the field and out of revans way was mainly what i used him for. He does have the option to get 4 +10 attacks for 30 each with Bandon as well.

Geno was my main beat with Revan. The Strategy there was to win init with MT let them go first, then act revan and assualt for 60-80 damage swap in the geno and kill whatever you were swinging at. Its also easy to get off his Loner bounus this way if your not going to use Bandons ce.

Darth Bandon became a fragile dude with grip pretty much for the whole tourney. I used his grip 2 to get rid of mice so dash could shoot more important stuff. Sadly i couldnt fit in Holosid to make sure he can do that every round.

So anyway here were my matches

Round 1 vs Gray

Gray played mandos
aLobot
Quartermaster
Captain
x2 Scouts
TBSV
x2 Gunslingers
Gunsmith
fodder

We played on his map throne room and i took the thorne side. 2 rounds of blowing doors and setup and i made my move with revan taking a twin aoo from the gunsmith that both missed to get dash to base the Captain and kill him. i lose dash the next round at init and run revan deep again to get the geno a kill shot on a scout failed save and another attacker down, i lose the Geno but have revan close enough to at the next init kill the other scout. At this point gray has only cunning pieces and i have Master Tacticion i run bossk up to base the QM and miss the kill shot on the rend :(. Game ends with Revan and my r7 for me and the QM and a gunslinger for him. Had we gone 1 more round revan would have killed the gunslinger and ran away from the twin from the QM. So i got a timed win but here it didnt matter a win is a win.

Round 2 vs Greg

Greg played some nasty Vong (yommask not allowed in tourney)

Warmaster Lah
Nen Yim
x3 Jedi Hunters
Preist
Guy that gives them cunning
fodder.

We played on his map Bespin

SO seeing he had 0 shooters i took out side and setup to run straight at gambit. At round 2

im able to get revan in and kill the Cunning CE dude and put 30 on a jh. Bossk stunned another jh and warmaster made his save and moved into gambit. I open the bottom door to gambit and now open the top door and put my droids in the way so i force him to have to base them to kill them. Greg sneeks a jh past an uggie and gets 60 damage on bossk. Dash then bases said jh and kills him via bandons ce. i run in revan late round and without cunning kill a differant JH. Start of the next round bossk was able to stun lah finally and i outact and move in to kill the rest of his dudes. So lah vs the rest of my army lah now surrounded by my fodder kills all 4 of them (triple and cleave) dash lays into him hitting every shot bandon hits for 10 revan hits and swaps bossk on him for the big double claws.

All that and he still didnt die. At init Bossk kills him and im 2-0. Had greg not made that save he gets lah to dash and the game gets much more interesting.

Round 3 vs Brandon

Brandon Played Sith

Darth Sideous SIth Master
Cad Bane
Darth Bandon
Lobot(6 brutes)
Jarael
x2 mice
uggie

We played on my map finally which was Ravaged Base aka Peachtree Station

I setup outside incorrectly and Cad draws a really long line to put 60 on Revan (DUH!). I move my pieces up counting serveral times to try and get my geno to cad but Brandon was too smart to let me do that "shakes fist" i guess thats why he came in second at gencon he must know what he is doing.

Anyway i end up drawing his pieces Forward and make 2 HUGE brain Farts #1 i had bossk setup to kill his jarael but didnt have a mouse droid close enough to get him bandons ce "forhead slap" so jarael lives with 10 hp. #2 instead of killing some fodder then shooting at jarael with dash i base sideous with dash for no reason and miss all the shots "another forhead slap" even after all this my geno kills jarael at init and brandons sideous swats at dash to kill him.

Then i make the coolest move of the whole tourney after serveral times counting i was able to move revan 18 squares at the end of the round towards brandons full health cad and get a mouse droid within 6 of cad, i auto won init ran revan 12 squares and put 80 on cad killing him and pretty much sealing the deal. Bossk moved into position and killed Sid. And im 3-0

Big props to brandon in this game for telling me not to make yet another bonehead move and get my dash killed by his sideous on a aoo. Dash had 30 hp left and i forgot about bandons +10 damage. Thanks brandon your the man.

FInal match

Vs Graham on my map Peachtree station

Just when i thought i had revan all figured out graham ran this

Darth Revan, Sith Lord
Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
Darth Bandon
Lobot (brute, mouse, uggie, human BG
x2 Tuskan Chieftans
Sideogram
Uggie
x2 mouse droids
x2 Brutes

SO this game ended pretty fast, my bad placement caught up to me in the first round form the inside of the base i opened the top door with bossk thinking he was safe....well he was until revan ran 20 squares swapped with dash then his lobot opened the inside top door and dash lit up bossk for 90 OH SNAP! He won init, i rolled a 1. and dash crit again and killed bossk, he even got to shoot the uggie behind bossk, his dash was on fire!

Severely outacted i setup my revan to do 60 to his bandon i figured i could kill of bandon and i had a shot, so 2 attacks needing not 1s i get a 1. After this a tuskan gets off a double on my geno, wins init and puts 80 on my bandon, i rolled another 1 at init. SO it was my revan vs his army and it was getting late so i called it. Graham beat the crap out me no doubt about it.

So i ended 3-1 same as graham and Gray but i had the best scedule so i ended up winning anyway. YA ME! Then it was 6 hours back to daniels and 4 hours back to my house so i could be at work the next day.

Things i learned:Revan can close the game for you but he cant do it by himself. I used the Trade Pieces method knowing that i could win games with just Bandon and Revan at the end.

So i feel that revan is best ran with several differant threats, heck mine only really
attacked anything torawrds the end of games anyway. His potiential for Rabid Shanagins is very very high, but if your looking for him to win the game by himself that just isnt going to happen.

I will also say IMO revan is the best add we have to the game from this set (i even got a signed card from the designers as a prize!). Here is looking for Revan to make the top 8 at gencon 2011.

Post subject: Re: Coolecticon Winners Report, Why Darth Revan is Awesome
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:54 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Nicely done!

Who all signed the card, just out of curiosity?

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

Post subject: Re: Coolecticon Winners Report, Why Darth Revan is Awesome
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Disturbed1 wrote:
Nicely done!

Who all signed the card, just out of curiosity?

Dennis, Deri, Les