logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Why not just use a swoop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:28 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Sure, that's a possibility. A swoop would be cheaper. But hey, I like the Strafe attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:31 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I take it the French are not done yet?

Phooey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:55 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Sith Dragon what you are missing is that your opponent chooses where Han sets up. Also those aren't full stats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:21 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Where is the full spoiler?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:45 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Hansickle is interesting, but I don't think the cost savings will be worth it in the long run. If you have to get to your opponent's set-up area, you're going to do things like skip cover. I can see this mini costing you the 23 points you saved on Han in figs to get him rescued. Definitely a fun piece, but I doubt competetive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:08 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Okay someone spell out what i am missing. To me this seems almost broken. (almost) Being able to bring in Han Scoundrel for only 23 points is crazy huge! And if needed, you can use a different one. Am i missing something with how he works? All you do is set up, tap your ug next to him and boom you have a new Han of your choice. That frees up a TON of points in 150pt tourneys. If you take a lesser one and have to scrub a few points...Who cares you have a 15 pt Han RH or something.

Your opponent picks Hansickle's starting square in his starting area. Obviously somewhere where it will be hard for you to get something adjacent. I haven't checked the maps yet, but it even be possible for your opponent to start him somewhere that you can't even get to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:05 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I don't think Hansickle will be very effective. Once he gets tagged by a teammate, he is activated for that whole round. The most HP any Han has is 90...those 90 hp don't go very far these days.

One option that MAY work is to use him in a squad with Luke CotF and Obiwan (to give 8 FP and MotF2 to luke). Charge with Obiwan, and force your opponent to kill Obi quickly and give all those FP to Luke or else have another heavy shooter to kill. If Obi makes it to Han, then great: you've got your Han. If not, then Luke has become a 1-man wrecking crew.

However, it seems like a smart opponent will just sit back and let you come to him, shooting you up as you go. Then, once you defrost Han, your opponent has had plenty of time to set up his pieces in such a way that Han will last 1 round, maybe 2; either that, or the rest of your squad is gonna bet poached heavily. Half-price or not, Hansickle probably won't be worth his points most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:20 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm surprised that after the French are donw playing, we still have nothing besides one guy's pulls.

Fool's connections must be taking a bit of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:23 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Thank you! I knew i was missing something. In that case this piece could be fun, but a real nightmare as you could have 23 points you never get access too.

In addition, you loose Han. So there is a drawback, but it's not that bad that the hansickle stays in your storage box. It will make for some fun squads, and mabe even competative. Just watch out, because your opponent will make sure he has LOS to Han for missles or splash, to kill off the activation next to him.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:24 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thereisnotry wrote:
However, it seems like a smart opponent will just sit back and let you come to him, shooting you up as you go. Then, once you defrost Han, your opponent has had plenty of time to set up his pieces in such a way that Han will last 1 round, maybe 2; either that, or the rest of your squad is gonna bet poached heavily. Half-price or not, Hansickle probably won't be worth his points most of the time.

So don't go for Hansickle. Sit in Gambit and get up on points. Your opponent has to advance. If they do you can get Han easier when you are engaged with the opponent. If they sit back and wait with him you will win by Gambit.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:27 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I think it actually very smart, because it distracts your opponent a lot. They can suddenly bring in the Han Cannon, and that changes the game, unless they are already sitting there, in which case, as flea said, is just retarted, because you loose because of gambit.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:53 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

and still we get no characters from legacy, no anakin solo, and no k'kruck. oh well. this set does look pretty promising

Die for something, or live for nothing!

Life should be more fun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:00 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Exarkun46 wrote:
and still we get no characters from legacy, no anakin solo, and no k'kruck. oh well. this set does look pretty promising

Yeah, that sort of is the reason for the Legacy of the Force set. The comic has only been out for a year and half, a little too early to get minis this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:15 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sithborg wrote:
Exarkun46 wrote:

Yeah, that sort of is the reason for the Legacy of the Force set. The comic has only been out for a year and half, a little too early to get minis this year.
Well, what was the reason for this set with that rationale? It is giving us spoilers well before we can play it! (I'm looking squarely at you, Juno.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:33 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

madslaust wrote:
Well, what was the reason for this set with that rationale? It is giving us spoilers well before we can play it! (I'm looking squarely at you, Juno.)

Would you rather have had them delay this set 'til summer of '08 so it would be released with the rest of the Force Unleashed stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:44 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

madslaust wrote:

Considering the game was original slated for this Nov, it is a major miracle that the set didn't get delayed along with all the other tie in material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:08 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

What about using Hansickle with Garm Bel Iblis? :D

Yeah, I've been surprised since day 1 that they've left all the TFU stuff in this set. Although, none of it would have been a big deal except for Juno. Everything else about the minis characters was already known from the concept art and trailers for the video game so far.

We'll get plenty of Legacy time-frame love next year. I can't wait for that either. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:01 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Some of the stats for FU are very impressive, and certainly inovative for this game.
Some of my obdervations on FU;

Han in Carbonite, pretty much does what I figured, but it could be a lot of points doing nothing.
Proxy is very powerful IMHO. If you're playing a Melee beatstick you'd include him every time.
Kota is powerful, +3/+3 will seriously boost the Bounty Hunters, as if they needed it.
Rancor is impressive, again even more so with Kota.
Garm, I'm not a fan of Reinforcements, but his CE is big. The Rancor could still move 4 & Triple.
Ozzel I do like, an alternative to B&B. And finally Imperials get Reserves.
Ugnaught Tech, great piece but nearly makes R5 redundant.

In all it's looking like a great set. Not sure I like the combo that will grant Imperial Troops a 30 Defense, but all in all I'm loving what I see. 12 days and counting! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:54 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

missiles or splash damage wont do anyhting for Han because the Block doesnt have any HP as far as i can tell. I dont think the Han stats would be in play until "thawed".

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next