Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: The Luke Project
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:28 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

billiv15 wrote:
DarthChaos wrote:
jedispyder wrote:
Well, I don't think the issue is that he doesn't deserve to have UTF, I think the issue is that he should have his cost increased a bit instead of lowering it. Cause in a single round, with the typical GMA from Rieeken/TBSV, he could make a minimum of 6 attacks after using UtF so he should be costed at the regular 35 or more. Granted he is only at a +8 attack, but the potential is still huge.

I'm thinking remove Deadly attack, change twin to impulsive twin attack, and increasing the cost by +6. What do you think?

I don't think he should be less than the original in this case. I'd say try 35 to start with.

I'm a bit worried about changing his cost because the progression also includes the cost increase, as well. I'd like to keep HoY at 28/29, if possible. I agree that 35 at his current stat would be a good #, but I don't want to throw off the progression either. Any suggestions along this line?

Post subject: Re: The Luke Project
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:52 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

DarthChaos wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
DarthChaos wrote:
jedispyder wrote:
Well, I don't think the issue is that he doesn't deserve to have UTF, I think the issue is that he should have his cost increased a bit instead of lowering it. Cause in a single round, with the typical GMA from Rieeken/TBSV, he could make a minimum of 6 attacks after using UtF so he should be costed at the regular 35 or more. Granted he is only at a +8 attack, but the potential is still huge.

I'm thinking remove Deadly attack, change twin to impulsive twin attack, and increasing the cost by +6. What do you think?

I don't think he should be less than the original in this case. I'd say try 35 to start with.

I'm a bit worried about changing his cost because the progression also includes the cost increase, as well. I'd like to keep HoY at 28/29, if possible. I agree that 35 at his current stat would be a good #, but I don't want to throw off the progression either. Any suggestions along this line?

I think something people forget is that as skills develop, and alter our behavior to use those new skills, we don't use more basic prior skills. So as Luke develops, his use of a blaster lessens as his force abilities increase. (Dah!) But in game play using a blaster on dark jedi, dark side acolyte, disciple of Ragnos etc is an equal choice. So a little incongruity(a point or two) between character development and game effect seems reasonable, I think.
Also, special congrats on the card for LS Rebel, we call him farmboy, development accurate stats making it actually playable. I've been using his head to make Luke in Coruscant Guard Armor figures.