logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 1st attempt at a Black Sun Squad - Xizor & Friends
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:31 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hey Everybody,

Well I went a little nuts on ebay & some of the online stores (and made sure I used the SWMgamers link). So now I'm looking at fleshing out the weird ideas that float inside of my brain. I wanted a criminal squad so I put this together.

Goal: Have a fun theme with a shot at winning. Our local scene is comprised of myself and a couple of others, all of us new to the game. Only one other person is actively acquiring minis (and she's focusing mostly on republic jedi) so I'm picking up enough to field a few squads. We're not uber-competitive but who knows, maybe one day we'll make it to a regional or something. Most of us like themes and try to stay within the storylines as much as possible. So I'm open to critique for overall effectiveness as well as possible competitive potential (although that's not generally the primary build).

Theme: A bunch of criminals working towards a goal (whatever it may be). Xizor and his lieutenants lead a bunch of helpers, thugs & assassins to accomplish the scheme. It's a pretty loose theme. :)

Piece selection: Xizor leads the squad and provides the Black Sun bonus. Lobot is there for door control and (hopefully) reserves. Bodyguard is there for bodyguard. What a novel concept. I thought about Mistryl shadow guard to add some offense but decided to go for more mooks. The two vigos are there for the CE's. Had rodian BSV in there as well but decided to go for more mooks as well. Czerka is in there to provide twin for the thugs 7 assassins. The Rodian Trader is in there to assign grenades to the assassins when they're out of melee range. And of course the thugs & assassins are there to do their jobs. Oh, and the mouse droids filled out points & extend the CE's.

For reserves/reinforcements I went with the black sun mooks, camassi nobles (they are fringe, not rebels right?), and ugnaughts. Wasn't sure what would be best.

Again, I'm pretty new to the game and have to get more play experience so this is mostly what I think sounds good. Looking forward to feedback, thanks!

Link: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/Details/94579

--Xizor & Friends--
30 Xizor
27 Lobot
20 Bith Black Sun Vigo
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
13 Czerka Scientist
13 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter
11 Human Bodyguard
10 Rodian Trader
24 Abyssin Black Sun Thug x3
28 Aqualish Assassin x4