logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New Sith Empire
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:43 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So with all these new Sith pieces that are quite awesome. I was wondering everyones input on how the Sith fit into the Meta. Before all they really had was malak's sweet ce and some high cost beats, and also good direct damage as a whole.

Revan, Sith Lord i think will really chance the entire way the faction gets played. Now you dont have to worry about how your going to make it across the map against shooters with your beat.

I think we will see Sith beating Republic even Yobuck with Revan. I also think Revan has a good shot against Rebels, we will see what kind of builds come out of playtesting by everyone. I think revan will have a tough time with NR.

There are still a bunch of pieces that will be brought out of this set but as it stands now where do you see Sith fitting into the Metagame?

Post subject: Re: New Sith Empire
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:02 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Weeks wrote:
So with all these new Sith pieces that are quite awesome. I was wondering everyones input on how the Sith fit into the Meta. Before all they really had was malak's sweet ce and some high cost beats, and also good direct damage as a whole.

Revan, Sith Lord i think will really chance the entire way the faction gets played. Now you dont have to worry about how your going to make it across the map against shooters with your beat.

I think we will see Sith beating Republic even Yobuck with Revan. I also think Revan has a good shot against Rebels, we will see what kind of builds come out of playtesting by everyone. I think revan will have a tough time with NR.

There are still a bunch of pieces that will be brought out of this set but as it stands now where do you see Sith fitting into the Metagame?

I played Revan against a Yobuck squad the other day...you're right on about Yobuck getting pasted.

Against NR, he doesn't fare as easily. He stops MJ's Cunning Assault on himself but can't do enough back to finish her off and therefore can't swap in an unactivated beat. Either he stays still or swaps in a scrub. If it's Kyle, the Disruptive offers up the same problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:42 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

disruptive hurts Revan, a lot.

The unique part about this variation of the swap is that its pretty much offensive unless you are using Revan soley as the attacker and then swapping in a scrub. Hard to play it from a defensive point of view. Saving a figure other than Revan using Revans CE generally means leaving Revan in the frying pan. That means that rebels and NR match up best against them even with the rebels weak HP because if revan is forced into disruptive fields he just becomes a beat who relies on his defense to stay alive. Without Dark armor, his 130 HP won't last long.

Getting out activated and facing disruptive will be the siths toughest matches and in those cases the sith player is going to need to pick his spots with Revan, possibly just using him to get a shooter into a flanking position until the opponent is weakened enough to engage.

The sith also suffer because they need to rely on mice more. Republic should aim to limit the Sith options by deep striking mice.

The sith have gotten a lot tougher but they still need clever play to best the top dogs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Ya i know Disruptive is going to be tough on them. Mainly Kyle JBM or CI. Maybe a good option against Kyle JBM is Darth Bane with Revan move revan 7 away from kyle and bane on the run does 80-100 on kyle and can still use sorcery. Its not perfect but i think if you can drop kyle down with one of your other beats revan has a very good chance to finish off mara. Darth Bane also can kill all of the rebel disruptive pieces on the move (asuming they don't use Echo's BG method :saber: ). Naga can do all of these as well but doesnt have the damage on the move like bane has.

There is also Cad Bane that will be fun with revan. Not sure if i'd use him over one of the other more sturdy sith beatsticks but having the non-melee option is pretty big if you go against a lot of Reposte or Djem So.

Han GH will be an even bigger problem cause NTMTO will nerf Revan's Main SA.

So while those are the tougher matchups it will be nice to be able to compete with republic and Seps for once with the Sith.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:56 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think the Muun Tactics Broker will be making a comeback after this, mainly because of Revan.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:14 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Weeks wrote:

Sadly, I didn't get nearly enough time to playtest, but I was getting pretty good results with Freedon Nadd based Sorcery squads. So with what has been revealed so far, I have a lot more options to tinker with. Exar is pretty much needed for Dark Aura, which will be absolutely brutal. I am going to have to tinker with Bandon and/or Revan. Bandon gives some much needed damage out put, while the Master Tactician/Sorcery combo really, really hurts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:42 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I keep thinking about the Sith. The Vong is such a spoiler faction. Bandon is such a risk. If you are facing Vong, and the Yammosk copies his CE, you are looking at one Vong at +30 Dam. He may give you the edge you need to kill a JH, but against an Ossus (which I'm beginning to think a single one isn't a bad idea, with the damage needed to kill one in one turn), or someone stronger like Lah.

Sadly, the Yammosk discourages the use of my favorite, Freedon Nadd. Not only is his greatest strengths neutralized (Sith Sorcery and Dark Force Spirit), but he gives all the Vong +4 Atk. May have to stick to Naga. Good chance of killing a JH with only Exar, and high enough Def and HP to not totally get slaughtered.

Of course, the best option may just to have good shooters to fall back on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:34 am 
General
General

I'm curious to see what new Mandos come out, for possible Ulic builds. Ulic + Bandon + HoloSid could be an interesting start to a Mando build with Boba Merc Commander, Mando Scouts, Mando CIO and any other new pieces. It has solid shooters, bonus damage when opponent closes in (which they have to against Cloaked), plus a decent meat-shield in Ulic. It may not be top tier, but I think Ulic builds are getting better and better the more options we get.