logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Custom Competition with Prizes!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:31 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

OK folks, this is it. I've checked and have noticed there haven't been any custom competitions here since Jan '10, and there's like 3 on bloomilk currently active. Go figure lol. Anyways, so this custom competition will be pretty much an OPEN custom contest, meaning you can post ANYTHING you think is "custom-worthy"; such as maps, figs, stats, scenarios, etc.! And yes, there's prizes!!

A little background information: I recently recieved a whole box full of V/R/U/C minis from celticdan, who apparently didn't need anything and wanted to help a community member out (me). Anyways, this box contained a BUNCH of good stuff + some dupes, such as felcores, mouse, cad, etc. etc. Anyways, he said "don't forget to share the wealth" and this is how i'm doing it!

The topic of the competition is:

WHAT DO YOU THINK DESERVES TO BE PUBLISHED AS PART OF SWM?

So, let's get some rules down first:

-Limit one entry per contestant.
-Legal entries can be custom:
>Map(s)
>Stat(s)
>Figure(s)
>Scenario(s)
-IL-legal entries are:
>Set(s)

If you have any questions on what/not is legal, please PM me.

-This contest will run from Sept. 26th (Sunday) to October 31th (what day is that?). Basically it will end on Halloween! :lol:
-Entries may be edited.
-You may comment on other people's entries; but NO non-constructive critisicm is allowed. Any of this will result in an instant disqualification.
-You canNOT use multiple accounts to place multiple entries. Any of this will result in an instant disqualification.

VOTING (November 1-14)

I will probably create a new thread for this; but i'll see how it goes first.

Rules for voting (Any violation of the following will result in a disqualification):

-No stuffing the ballot. (Members must have an account as of September 25th or earlier to vote)
-Limit one vote per person
>Contestants can vote for their own custom(s).
-Vote for who you think deserves the most to be published officially into the world of SWM!

PRIZES (pics will hopefully come soon)

1st Place:
x1 Mouse Droid <--This alone should make people want to post an entry :D
x1 Kyp Durron
x1 Lumiya TDL
x1 Gen. Crix Madine
x1 Obi Unleashed
x1 General Rieekan
x1 Xizor

2nd Place:
x1 Odd Ball
x1 Commander Gree
x1 Nadhar Vebb

3rd Place:
x1 Han Smuggler
x1 Odd Ball

Prizes are not "set in stone" and have possibilities to be changed without notice. :P Always wanted to say that. BTW if you need any figs that are not listed under prizes, just send me a BM and i'll see if i have extra's of it. (No BFBH's, sorry :P )

Contestants will be listed here (No limit to number of entries just listing for now 10)

1. Name:
Custom:
Description:

2. Name:
Custom:
Description:

3. Name:
Custom:
Description:

4. Name:
Custom:
Description:

5. Name:
Custom:
Description:

6. Name:
Custom:
Description:

7. Name:
Custom:
Description:

8. Name:
Custom:
Description:

9. Name:
Custom:
Description:

10. Name:
Custom:
Description:

As said before, if you have any questions or comments or suggestions about ANYTHING on this post please please PM me. Always like to hear comments.

Post if you think you want to place an entry (reserve a spot)!

Last edited by cremebrule on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Custom Competition with Prizes!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:26 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I think this sounds like some fun to participate in:

1. Name: Mark (lonescout)
2. Custom: Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi (Mini stat/card)
3. Description: This is a version of Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi that I saw being an effective, and fun mini. I decided to post this because I posted this quite a while ago on these forums and ThereIsNoTry also found interest in it, and he really helped me stretch to make this a quality mini. She would add to the Mandalorians very well.

EDIT: I normally had her as New Republic with affinity for Mandalorians, but with game balance in mind, I thought putting her with strictly Mandalorians would be better to help mandalorians out. Besides, if she had the option of always being in a squad with Ganner, it would be hard to justify putting her in a Mandalorian Squad. Due to this change, she no longer has access to a movement-breaker, so she does have speed 8 to help the mandos with their lack of speed.

The reasoning for many of her stats is due to her Mandalorian-Close-Combat-Training recieved from Boba Fett. Jaina became very deadly within close range, and so Stealth, Twin attack, Speed 8, Niman Style Mastery, and Lightsaber Riposte seem to match perfectly.

Jaina Solo is also skilled at the wipe mind force power which she learned from Kyp Durron.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by lonescout on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:34 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Stats created a long time ago, but would still be great to have!

Alek Squinquargesimus
Faction: Old Republic
Cost: 53

Hitpoints: 130
Defense: 20
Attack: +14
Damage:20

Special Abilities
Unique (Counts as Darth Malak, and Squint)
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Force Resistance (This Character cannot be forced to activate by any other characters' Special Abilities or Force Powers) *
Lightsaber Duelist (+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent character with a Force rating)

Force Powers
Force: 2
Force Renewal 1
Lightsaber Block (Force 1; When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Master Force Jump (Force 2; Replaces Turn: Target an enemy within 10 squares, move adjacent to the enemy and make 1 attack at +4 attack, +20 damage.) **
Force Lightning 2 (Force 2; replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to 1 target and up to 2 characters adjacent to that target)

Commander Effect
Your squad may include non-unique characters with a force rating from any faction.
Non-unique followers with a force rating gain Momentum.

Initially recruiting like-minded jedi for the Revanchist, Alek gained a reputation as a very capable, albeit reckless, war leader

(*)New SA
Force Resistance: Is based on the Kotor power Force Immunity, that prevents against debilitating powers. This is somewhat like a toned down Force Immunity from SWM. It Protects Alek against the activating effect of; Force Stun, Jedi Mind Trick, Paralysis, Sith Sorcery, Force Push 5, Force Lightning 4 & 5, Thud Bug, Sonic Stunner, Shockwave, Jolt, etc. By both enemies and allies alike.

(**)New FP
Master Force Jump: Is also Kotor-based, from an ability that the Jedi Guardians would get. Think of it like a combination of Flight and Momentum for 1 turn.
Characters cannot move more than 10 squares to base their target, and the ability also follows normal targetting rules.
Also does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:40 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Commander Skywalker (Luke) Rebel 37

HP: 90
Def: 19
Att: 11
Dam: 10

Unique, Twin, Lightsaber +10, Flurry Attack

Force 1 Renewal 1
Lightsaber Deflect
Use the Force
Force Push 2

CE:Pilot Followers within 6 squares gain Flurry Attack and Deadly Attack

"After the battle with the first Death Star, Luke's connection to the force continued to grow"

Good damage potiential from luke here he doesnt have access to his alter-ego's levitation but he can still put on some hurt with 110 damage potiential. Also fun little CE to work in which he needed so he wouldn't become crazy with PL. Also Starting with 1 force he wont be doing a lot of UTF's.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

So, is this the first 10 people to input something get to be part of this or what?

Can I reserve a spot while I finish something up to input?

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:00 pm 

Disturbed1 wrote:
So, is this the first 10 people to input something get to be part of this or what?

Can I reserve a spot while I finish something up to input?

there is no limit to the numer of participants, and yes, you can reserve a spot :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Here's my entry a Custom Figure with corresponding Scenario!

The Battle of Ruusan

The conflict between the Brotherhood of Darkness and the Army of Light has come down to this final battle. The Brotherhood has performed the thought bomb ritual and Lord Kaan only needs to build up the energy to unleash it. Inside the Cavern the Brotherhood awaits the arrival of the Jedi for the final Showdown!

Map: Crystal Caves of Ilum (If anyone has the labels for these areas available I'd be much appreciative, otherwise I'll add them in once I can get them)
Army of Light Setup: Left side upper corner

Brotherhood of Darkness Setup: Right side center
By lord_ball at 2010-09-28

Squads:
Army Of Light Total: 150
Lord Hoth 44
Jedi Battlemaster 27
Jedi Crusader 23
Jedi Guardian 23
Jedi Healer 18
Jedi Sith Hunter 15

Or create your own 150 point army consisting of only characters with Melee Attack and a Force Rating, and only 1 Unique from any Light Side faction.

Victory: Defeat the Brotherhood of Darkness

Brotherhood of Darkness Total: 149
Lord Kaan 58
Jedi Weapon Master 26
Sith Lord 23
Sith Marauder 22
Emperor’s Hand 20

Or create your own 92 point army consisting of only Non-unique characters with Melee Attack and a Force Rating, from any faction. Use any Unique figure with a lightsaber as a proxy for Lord Kaan.

Lord Kaan has the following stats:

Victory: Eliminate the Jedi!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:51 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I am going to enter my custom Yammosk since it is currently my only custom :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 pm 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

Lord_Ball wrote:

Victory: Eliminate the Jedi!

Love this card.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:09 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
So Lord Ball who did you use to make your Lord Kaan figure? He looks really cool

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

dalsiandon wrote:
So Lord Ball who did you use to make your Lord Kaan figure? He looks really cool

Thanks

Boots (Neimoidian Warrior)
Body (Imperial Engineer)
"Cloth" at his crotch (Cut from the "Skirt" of a D&D Spirit Folk Fighter)
Cape - Front and back (D&D Vampire Hunter)
Head (Human Body Guard +"bangs" from D&D Vampire Hunter + a bit from a D&D Drow Arcane Guard to make his hair longer in back)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:19 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Lord_Ball wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:

Thanks

Boots (Neimoidian Warrior)
Body (Imperial Engineer)
"Cloth" at his crotch (Cut from the "Skirt" of a D&D Spirit Folk Fighter)
Cape - Front and back (D&D Vampire Hunter)
Head (Human Body Guard +"bangs" from D&D Vampire Hunter + a bit from a D&D Drow Arcane Guard to make his hair longer in back)

"Hum" he says as he heads of to locate the named miniatures so he can make a knockoff of his own.

Member of the SWMRAC

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:29 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Okay so I've got one, it works for the V-Set too and has been seen before around these parts

Member of the SWMRAC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Name: Chris PUlis (Darthjawa, Countrydude82487)
Custom: Jax Pavan, Jedi Knight
Description: THis is a jax pavan that i created back before wizards cam out with theirs. I loved the COruscant Knights books and he is the main character. After WIzards came out with theirs i tweaked the Stats to soemthing i thought would be a little more on spot for him form the books. i have playtested this one several times and here is what i have come up with Image

(POssible SPoiler) In the books he uses guns and a light whip at one point, which is why i gave him the ability. He was not as accurate with the whip however so i gave it a lower attack rating. HE also had problems with His connection to the Force which is why i gave him Force ascetic. HE eventualy gains a stronger connection when saving a friend from death so that is why i gave him impulsive Renewal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:08 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Here's an oldie but a goodie...

Darth Zannah
Darth Bane's apprentice, and my second submission for TNLT project. Check out this article for step by step instructions on how to make your own.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:23 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

1. Name: James Monical (monni316)
Custom: The Moomo Brothers custom mini & card
Description: These guys were an absolute joy to follow in the Kotor comic series.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:59 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Name: Oliver Simpson (OhMyGOWK)
Custom: Pod Race!
Description: This is a mission that I believe should have been in the Clone Strike Ultimate Missions book, as it really is one of the most important scenes in the first trilogy. I made custom rules that I believe captured the most important parts.

To make the course of the pod race, put together the Korriban, Crystal Caves of Ilum, Rancor Pit, and Blank maps respectively. Other maps may be used, and you may increase/decrease the number of maps used to vary the length of the race.

The racers are: Anakin Skywalker (Youngling)
Sebulba (Dug Fringer)
Mawhonic (Gran Raider)
You may add/remove characters to match the number of players. For example, if you have 6 players, you can add a Rodian, Quarren, and Mon Calamari, or any other alien minis.

Victory Conditions: Make it from the first square of the first map to the last square of the last map!

Before the game, all the players must agree on where to place 2 Tusken Raider Snipers on the course. They must be on the Rancor Pit map and they must be in a walled section (canyon), though they don't necessarily have to be adjacent. If all players agree, you may play without Tusken interference at all.

Take turns placing your mini on the first row of the Korriban map. To work out the order, just roll a d20 and place them one at a time from the highest roll to the lowest. Once everyone is placed, it's time to roll for initiative!

Since pods are pretty fast ( and to make it more of a race), instead of having Speed 6, the pods have variable speeds. Each round after initiative, each player rolls a d20.
If the result is:
1-5: Speed 6
6-10: Speed 8
11-15: Speed 10
16-20: Speed 12

The following rules apply to the podracers:

1. Moving left or right costs 2 squares of movement.
2. Ignore difficult terrain. Low objects still cost double.
3. Racers may not fly over eachother; you must go around others.
4. Racers may not attack.
5. Racers can replace their attacks to attempt to force opponents to the side. To do this, they must move adjacent. Roll a d20.
If the result is:
1-5: The two racers' pods are locked! (More on that rule later)
6-10: Move your opponent 1 square to the side.
11-15: Move him 2 squares.
16-20: Move him 3 squares.

If a racer is locked with one or more others, it may replace attacks to attempt to break free. Both racers must roll a d20, adding their attack rating to the total. Whoever gets a highest total may continue moving as normal. The other(s) must move at half speed on their next turn.

The Tuskens mentioned earlier must attack the nearest target at the end of the round after a racer makes it onto the Rancor Pit map. If a racer is hit, its speed is halved for the next round. It may avoid this effect with a save of 11.

EDIT: Forgot to add this bit earlier. You can also add a lap or two to make the race longer. With this rule, racers who pass the last square of the last map may use up the rest of their move, starting from the first square of the map.

If all players agree, you can spice up the race by having prizes. You could all put in an entry fee and buy a booster or two for the winner. To make it really interesting, each racer could put one mini in a prize pool, making sure each mini is about the same value. Whoever wins gets all the minis in the prize pool!

The possibilities of modifications for your own pod races are endless, so have fun adding extra twists, changing the characters, or taking away some rules!

Darth O on Bloomilk
Oliphantodude on Age of Empires 3 if you're keen

Last edited by OhMyGOWK on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:02 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

DarthJawa wrote:
Name: Chris PUlis (Darthjawa, Countrydude82487)
Custom: Jax Pavan, Jedi Knight

I would like to request that you add text version of the stats to your post as that font is pretty tiny.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

not a problem here you go.

Name: JAx PAvan Jedi Knight
Faction : Rebel
Cost: 47
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 20
Attack:11
Damage: 10
Special Abilities
Unique: Affinity (May Be in a Republic Squad that does not contain any characters with order 66)
Twin attack (whenever this character attacks, He may make 1 extra attack against the same target)
Force Ascetic (cannot spend force points to reroll or move faster)
Impulsive Force Renewal (if a unique allied character is defeated, for the remainder of the Skirmish this character has force renewal 1)
Lightsaber (+10 Damage against adjacent enemies)
LightWhip 20 (Replaces attacks: range 3; +8 Attack for 20 Damage. This counts as a melee attack without a Lightsaber. An enemy hit by this attack is considered activated this round; save 11.)
Parry (When hit by a Melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Stealth (If this character has cover, He does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Force Powers
Force 4
Force Push 4 (Force 4, Replaces attacks: Sight; 40 damage; push target back 4 squares if huge or larger)
Lightsaber Assault (Force 1, Replaces attacks: Make 2 attacks)
Lightsaber Deflect (Force 1: when hit by a non- melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:29 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

1 more day left to submit.