All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

So how do you like that big FU?
Total votes : 0

Post subject: A Hurray to FU
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:33 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I wasn't completly sold on this set before. I was on the fence thinking about if I hated it, or loved it. Now that i've seen some previews, I love the set. The game will change so much after this set is released, and so many combos can come from this set. This set is just amazing to me. What do you think? How 'bout you?

And thanks to the guys giving out the previwes, although I have no idea where they got them from. Mabe from the French? I don't think I honestly care though. :D

Share your thoughts.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:34 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Less than 2 weeks.

I can't wait. Need more previews!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:41 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'll need to see it all before I decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:51 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Some nice new abilities. This set looks to add to the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:56 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I just can't bring myself to spend the money on cases for another super expensive set because they include useless Huge figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:52 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

As I've seen more and more previews, I've pre-ordered or set aside money for more cases. I was wary going in with another huge set, but am loving the set overall now. There are a few meh pieces of course, but always are. As a collector first, the variety and sculpts make the set worth it. Looks like lots of fun and different interactions with new abilities this time around as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:02 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I can't wait to open my boosters for my sealed release day game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:08 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I love this set! I like all of the new changes to the metagame, it makes the game more complicated, its great seeing the huges and melee pieces become more competive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:40 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Interesting is a safe choice for now; Fool is right tis set may affect the fun factor for a lot of players. All these new tricks and interactions will make the game difficult for newbies to grasp quickly without a "mentor". For those of us who have been around for a while it really helps the game grow.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:50 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I voted 'Love it.'

Yes, FU certainly does change the game. The number of options available will hopefully open up the game a lot. There are some great CEs & SAs, but you can't afford to play them all, which is good. You're never going to build a squad to counter everything. Great set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:19 pm 
General
General

Any guesses on which one I picked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:44 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I am excited. Best Huge set so far.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:10 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I agree. BH was kinda aweful, to be honest. This set also has its share of VRs and Rares I would enjoy never pulling, but a lot of them are really quite good. Universe was good. Probably one of the best sets in the history of this game. Hopefully this set is even better.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:00 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

This set is amazing I love it more and more with each leaked stat we get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:21 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

emr131 wrote:
Any guesses on which one I picked?
Yours is a different kind of "FU", lol. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:28 pm 

Finally the Rebels are getting those Huge Jedi beats that helped them so much in their cause to overthrow the Empire

Oh wait, we had to make a video game and create characters that should have been killed off twice (shaak ti) in order to make that happen.

But at least we have an answer to hitting a 5 pt grunt now!

Oh wait, they just keep upping the defense.

Well I can play my OR squad and do well

Oh wait, every faction now has affinity with Rebels

Its easy to balance a game when its designed with 2 factions in mind, but as Bill keeps pointing out they design these sets 3-4 at a time, so when it comes to be this time next year and the game is balanced completely for 4-5 months I'll be completely stoked.

It should be fun to run most of the figs though in a fun game, but competitively I'm not sure. I feel like my hand is being forced to play either Rebs or Imps as the faction I have run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:46 pm 

Lord_Nihl wrote:
Finally the Rebels are getting those Huge Jedi beats that helped them so much in their cause to overthrow the Empire

Oh wait, we had to make a video game and create characters that should have been killed off twice (shaak ti) in order to make that happen.

But at least we have an answer to hitting a 5 pt grunt now!

Oh wait, they just keep upping the defense.

Well I can play my OR squad and do well

Oh wait, every faction now has affinity with Rebels

Its easy to balance a game when its designed with 2 factions in mind, but as Bill keeps pointing out they design these sets 3-4 at a time, so when it comes to be this time next year and the game is balanced completely for 4-5 months I'll be completely stoked.

It should be fun to run most of the figs though in a fun game, but competitively I'm not sure. I feel like my hand is being forced to play either Rebs or Imps as the faction I have run.

Why can't all sets be distributed like BHs?? I mean other than not having Vong they had their distribution down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:13 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Lord_Nihl wrote:

Lol - so now your tactic is argue that you can only play certain factions competitively... FU has not changed that at all actually. While we certainly cant say a lot about the meta - the playable factions have pretty much remained exactly the same. And before you say - Seps with San - they got some tricks of their own to remain just fine. There is no difference in the competitive game as far as the minor factions.

The worst part about your argument is that you already knew this a month ago. You are just trying to find more ways to include the same issue - that you want all factions to be competitive.

And as I said before - Drew, you lack creativity in your piece evaluation. Its not a knock, its just how you look at things that is different than mine. I see squads - I see what i can do with a piece - rather than just the numbers. I look at the nuance of the sheer variety of options of squad style and play - rather than some strict Faction vs Faction or piece vs piece comparison.

And here is what I see in FU - potentially a significant increase in the playable squads competitively - especially at 200. I see a game that is less and less about including 2-3 auto include figs - and is becoming more about building a squad that can handle a lot of different things. I see more and more tactical choices being included - which makes the game harder and harder to master - all of which is great for the competitive game.

So instead of arguing for what you knew was not in this set - why not look at what actually is in it. This is gonna be fun.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:38 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Lord_Nihl wrote:
And here is what I see in FU - potentially a significant increase in the playable squads competitively - especially at 200. I see a game that is less and less about including 2-3 auto include figs - and is becoming more about building a squad that can handle a lot of different things. I see more and more tactical choices being included - which makes the game harder and harder to master - all of which is great for the competitive game.

It's interesting that you brought this up. Jim and I were just talking about how difficult it's going to be to convince our local playgroups to ever play less than 200 points again.

Quote:
So instead of arguing for what you knew was not in this set - why not look at what actually is in it. This is gonna be fun.

It is going to be fun, but I have to agree with Drew that the set could have done w/o a piece like Han in Carbonite block if it had meant getting just one, just one! Old Republic, Separatist, or Mando piece instead.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:46 pm 

Boris wrote:
It is going to be fun, but I have to agree with Drew that the set could have done w/o a piece like Han in Carbonite block if it had meant getting just one, just one! Old Republic, Separatist, or Mando piece instead.

And I dont disagree with this. As I have said to Drew. But it doesnt have nearly the importance for me that it does him.

BTW Boris - check out the Vong squad I made for Drew. Who said the Vong got no figures :) Its on WotC.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29