logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:44 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Yes, but you don't know what that cost you're going to be halving is going to be until you decide which version he's going to be at setup.

In one game you could choose Han, Scoundrel so Hansickle would cost 23 points. In your second game you could pick Rogue which would cost 15. Your third game you can use Rebel Hero for 18. If you're playing in a tourny how do you build the rest of your squad if you don't know ahead of time how many points you'll have left after you pay for Hansickle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:49 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

homer_sapien wrote:
Yes, but you don't know what that cost you're going to be halving is going to be until you decide which version he's going to be at setup.

In one game you could choose Han, Scoundrel so Hansickle would cost 23 points. In your second game you could pick Rogue which would cost 15. Your third game you can use Rebel Hero for 18. If you're playing in a tourny how do you build the rest of your squad if you don't know ahead of time how many points you'll have left after you pay for Hansickle?

Well as of now I think all you need to so is allocate 23 points to the sickle then you can use anything. I think that ability is sweet though. Oh I'm facing Thrawn I'll play Rogue. Oh I'm facing an all shooter army I'll play Scoundrel, Oh I'm facing lots of high HP characters I'll play RH. Oh I'm facing the crappiest team ever I'll play RS Han lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:12 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

If they're going to do it so you're wasting points if you use any Han except the most expensive version why not just make it cost half of that Han's cost in the first place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:14 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

On a side note I feel bad for the guys programming shoebox and minimanager. Getting Hansickle set up for the squadbuilding options looks like its going to be even more interesting than some of the recent rapport options were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:02 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

spoilers? more like a half solved puzzel on jeopardy. "can i buy a vowel"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:24 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

DarkLordVerjal wrote:
spoilers? more like a half solved puzzel on jeopardy. "can i buy a vowel"

Right, Zack, and when I decide to send you some free money, you'll start complaining that I didn't use the right color of envelope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:49 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

homer_sapien wrote:

Well, then just choose 1 of the Han's and simply use him for the tournament. Or if that doesn't work, just leave a certain amount of points free and be prepared to be at a point deficit if you choose a cheaper Han.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:59 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

In a tournament setting, his customization ability will be rather low, since you can't just take points out of your squad. If you try to go for the 23 points to have the option of all Hans, you could very well be wasting points if you choose someone other than Scoundrel. However, I see sticking to reserving 18 for Han as the better option, as you may only waste 4 points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:06 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

If I went to a tourney with hansickle, I'd just choose one han to use in the squad, its great that han's cost gets reduced by half, custimization is more for characters for reinforcements and reserves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:11 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

First off, I thought that once your squad was set in a tourny you couldn't change it - so you would have to specifiy which Han you are bringing in, and you use that Han for the entire tourny.

Second - a good use for Speeders or Commandos on Speederbikes (I need one of those, now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:23 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Quote:
If an ally ends its turn adjacent
to this character, you may immediately
remove this character from play and place
the chosen character in its space. The
newly placed character cannot activate
this round.)

Okay someone spell out what i am missing. To me this seems almost broken. (almost) Being able to bring in Han Scoundrel for only 23 points is crazy huge! And if needed, you can use a different one. Am i missing something with how he works? All you do is set up, tap your ug next to him and boom you have a new Han of your choice. That frees up a TON of points in 150pt tourneys. If you take a lesser one and have to scrub a few points...Who cares you have a 15 pt Han RH or something.

Shaak - No double? Force powers? She has promise but if she isnt either dirt cheap or have double she is gonna suck. Need full stats on her.

Ozzel - REALLY dont like this. Depending on the cost, he could make B&B in either format huge! Do not like the impecations here.

Boba - need stats. He could be beastly.

Lots of these look like they could be good, but it will depend on the rest of the stats/costs.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject: HI
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:41 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

The one preview I really want to see more than any other is the Wookie hunter AT-ST!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:42 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

the Hansickle isn't broken. It takes a turn from one of your characters, and then he sits for an entire round and does nothing. Not broken to me.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:42 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Okay someone spell out what i am missing. To me this seems almost broken. (almost) Being able to bring in Han Scoundrel for only 23 points is crazy huge! And if needed, you can use a different one. Am i missing something with how he works? All you do is set up, tap your ug next to him and boom you have a new Han of your choice. That frees up a TON of points in 150pt tourneys. If you take a lesser one and have to scrub a few points...Who cares you have a 15 pt Han RH or something.

I believe your opponent sets up Hansickle with his squad. So you've got to get to him, plus, once he's out, he's possibly surrounded by your enemy with little support, unless, of course, you play it right.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:45 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Thank you! I knew i was missing something. In that case this piece could be fun, but a real nightmare as you could have 23 points you never get access too.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:46 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Quote:
If an ally ends its turn adjacent
to this character, you may immediately
remove this character from play and place
the chosen character in its space. The
newly placed character cannot activate
this round.)

Shaak - No double? Force powers? She has promise but if she isnt either dirt cheap or have double she is gonna suck. Need full stats on her.

Ozzel - REALLY dont like this. Depending on the cost, he could make B&B in either format huge! Do not like the impecations here.

Boba - need stats. He could be beastly.

Lots of these look like they could be good, but it will depend on the rest of the stats/costs.

your opponent sets up the hansickle with their own figs, it almost like the hansickle is taken hostage and one of your figs must get adjacent to the hansickle. Doesn't seem that broken to me. I don't see Ozzel being huge for B&B, if you start the new round and Vader JH is adjacent to someone and you have ozzel, you have two options, 1 is to let vader triple, but can't swap cause of ozzel, or have vader swap out with thrawn, but vader won't get to attack. Tarkin with ozzel together might make it work by allowing 3 activations, but since ozzel's ce might override tarkin's that might not work, but no one knows about how that will work yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:52 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Yeah, Ozzel will override Tarkin. I still dont think i like what ozzel gives to the imps. Piett is now really sick.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:00 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Sithdragon13 wrote:
Yeah, Ozzel will override Tarkin. I still dont think i like what ozzel gives to the imps. Piett is now really sick.

Yes you're right about the piett opportunist's working well, but a Vader JH or LV B&B could be held back if ozzel was in the squad, or it might just change how B&B is played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:28 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I will save all judgement on the pieces in the first post until we see the full stats.

Han in Carbonite, it is a neat piece and would be fun, but it is just to risky of an investment IMO. When I play, I never get to my opponents side of the map, so if I played Han he would just be sitting there watching everyone else fight (well, I guess he wouldn't since he is in carbonite, afterall).

PROXY is another piece that would be fun, but I don't think that he will be a top-tier piece. But, as I said, DEFINITELY fun!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:11 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

As mentioned before, I believe the Rebel Commando on Speeder Bike will be a must with the Han in Carbonite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next