logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: MAP-C Map Analysis Players Committee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:11 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I'm going to be heading up a players committee for analysis of maps to be included in the next Restricted, Standard and Open list. Mostly we will be looking at customs, but we can also take a close look at the WOTC ones as well.

If you're interested feel free to PM me the following things: Your location, your play group size, your frequency of play, whether your group plays competitve, scenario/theme, fun or mix, rough idea of map availability in your area.

I will make my decisions based on that as I am looking for a good variety of players, but I will be keeping the overall size of the committee fairly small. If selected, you must be willing to give me an email as I will have a standard reporting form to ensure we get all the information we need and it will be much easier to transmit back and forth over email.

Your main responsibility will be to record (either yourself or by handing out to the players) the results of your playtests on these forms along with any observations or thoughts and send the information back to me.

As of now, I don't have a close date to end playtesting, but I expect it to be near year's end.

Post subject: Re: MAP-C Map Analysis Players Committee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:09 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I have been having trouble getting to my lgs but I have played many games on the maps and Ill do a report for you soon but dont put me on the list. Ill just report to you and give you my los reports with pictures. This is really why I would like them on vassal. I can break down the maps and find the problems easier than taking taking photos/using dice to study them. I should be able to go to the lgs all month so when i have time you should get a pretty good report from me.

one note

from the MP4 maps I didnt like the gencon maps we played on at all and I didnt like the movement on kessel on the right side. But I was playing a swarm melee squad and was having trouble moving around without being shot at.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:25 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I guess I'll volunteer our venue, though I dont know how much info youll get out of the group, as numbers have been dwindling lately. We've allowed the custom maps for awhile now in most tourneys, on the condition that your opponent isnt opposed to playing on it, which hasnt happened yet.

I think both swinefeld and Mickey have all the JC and Mapmaker maps, and ive got them all except for MP1, so we should be good there.

We play every Monday night, and lately ive been running on just the custom maps, but I dont know how much use I'll get out of them, as we generally only do 3 rounds, not everyone plays competitively as we do themes alot, and I dont always win map roll.

I guess Im going to have to start going to 'if we can play on my map, i'll take a loss for the game' just to make sure we get to play on it.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:59 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

PM sent.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I haven't recieved any Pm's/BM's in a couple days, so based on that here are the members of the MAP-C. Check you emails for the form and if your name is * then I haven't recieved your email address.

Echo-Atlanta, GA

Darth Jim-Central, PA

Swinefeld-Carbondale, IL

Circrush13- Detroit, MI *

Crazybirdman-Southern, CA *

Minkzx-Springfield, IL *