logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Yammosk - (KWS Base)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:43 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nice work I like how you gave it a totally unique look and coming out of the nutrient looks way cool.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:00 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Thanks. It's funny becasue I was worried about the red look and then to see yours I actually liked it, and then found a way so that the red wasn't over powering but still looked really good.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:46 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Nice job!

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:21 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

dalsiondon, I really like your yammosk and I'm probably going to model mine after yours. Could you go into a little more detail about how you set up the pool? (I'm assuming epoxy...)

Azavander, looks like that JA stormie got a much-needed repaint before you put him on the yammosk. I should probably do that to all of mine...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Alright so the first thing I did was remove the spider from the base. I cut off the snot connecting him to the base and then pulled the legs up.

I then used green stuff to make a skirt that had a slight angle on the top of it. The reason was so that the creature would be leaning back on the skirt.

You can also see in this image the way I tried to layer the skirt a bit to help give it a fluid look. I then made a ring, again using the green stuff and placed it on the outside of the base. I made certain to leave the knobs on the base alone. Those would be the foaming oxygenated nutrient material overflowing out of the pool. Almost as if the creature had sprung out, as opposed to just gingerly pulling itself free.

It should be clear as well the way I repositioned the tentacles by cutting and removing sections and then placing them in the green stuff. The goal was to "add length" the to the tentacles. I felt it helped as oppsed to just flipping them over, which gives a different kind of look, but I felt that by doing it this way, your imagination will allow you to wonder how many more tentacles are down there in the liquid, and how long are they really.

This one is a good example of that, because as opposed to the ones in the front that look to be coming straight up and out right next to the body, the two in back appear to come up from farther away and then move back toward the body to give help grant it some leverage or something as it prepares to either lift itself further or perhaps its leaning back to strike at this point.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon