logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:57 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Not to be a jerk but that map in the hoth pack is NOT "Echo Base". Look in the upper left corner, it's nothing more than an outpost to Echo Base. This is the shed that an AT-AT stomps on as it lumbers towards the shield generator.

If they tried to pass this off as the real base I'd sell my collection on the spot :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:07 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

fingersandteeth wrote:
Xanthan wrote:
Would it be that hard to make at least one good map?

dude this is a good map

its balanced, huge friendly, its got safe set up squares, there is room for melee advancement and there is also enough space for shooters to compete.

This is a damn good map.

Its an ok map, but I don't like it that the middle of the map is a room that has doors, double override could be heavily abused on this map. Other than that it is an ok map though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:12 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
punxnbutter wrote:
Not to be a jerk but that map in the hoth pack is NOT "Echo Base". Look in the upper left corner, it's nothing more than an outpost to Echo Base. This is the shed that an AT-AT stomps on as it lumbers towards the shield generator.

If they tried to pass this off as the real base I'd sell my collection on the spot :wink:

The Mapmaker was over on the world of the Wizo's today and said it was meant to be a Taun-Taun outpost, not Echo Base.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:29 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

No luck at Target in La Crosse, WI. Could only find one A&E booster, and it was hidden behind all the die-cast vehicles in the action figure rack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:50 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
Boris wrote:
The only thing I would consider a miracle in regards to the Hoth Battle pack is for a Target store in close proximity to put the thing on the shelf for $9.95 and for it to have a map that is completely unlike the crappy, CRAPPY maps that are in the ones other people are opening.

Seriously, the Hoth Battle Pack is the worst SWM product concept to date. And this is coming from someone who thoroughly enjoys playing the Hoth battle event.

Really? Why do you say that?

This is the crux of my frustration, as posted on the WotC board (I know, you can't see that site anymore):

After reviewing the product list for the Battle of Hoth pack I have to say I am incredibly disappointed.

$60-75 for a handful of reprinted pieces, two unique characters I can't get through any other means, and a map with the AT-AT plains map on one side and a map that looks like they copy/pasted Endor bunker onto an AT-AT map and called it Echo Base. That is NOT Echo Base. It's way too small. I can't really see how this is supposed to attach to the AT-AT map in a way that makes it appear like the movie. Better to get the Echo Base custom map that is a better fit, both map-wise and movie wise.

I haven't been this disappointed in a product since the RotS starter box. (Well, okay, the Rebel and Imperials 2-packs were a waste of company resources, but I didn't have to buy them to have the pieces in that set, so I didn't think too much about it.)

I may be alone in my expression here, and that's fine. But as possibly the biggest proponent among SWMers of the Hoth Battle and mass battle games, I couldn't stay silent on this one.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Some follow-up to that, also as posted on WotC:

Sure, it's not the exact Endor Bunker, it's just the same shape, same contents, only with slightly changed features and the insertion of a door onto the product. It is by no means an original map; it's just a collection of artistic elements from the AT-AT map and the Endor map re-worked into something with a slightly different feel.

A better concept for Echo Base that is truly attachable to the Shield Generator can be found at cafepress.

I have since been told this is NOT Echo Base, which just makes me think: why the heck didn't they make Echo Base?

Answer: because they're cheap and lazy.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:57 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Boris wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
Boris wrote:
The only thing I would consider a miracle in regards to the Hoth Battle pack is for a Target store in close proximity to put the thing on the shelf for $9.95 and for it to have a map that is completely unlike the crappy, CRAPPY maps that are in the ones other people are opening.

Seriously, the Hoth Battle Pack is the worst SWM product concept to date. And this is coming from someone who thoroughly enjoys playing the Hoth battle event.

Really? Why do you say that?

This is the crux of my frustration, as posted on the WotC board (I know, you can't see that site anymore):

After reviewing the product list for the Battle of Hoth pack I have to say I am incredibly disappointed.

$60-75 for a handful of reprinted pieces, two unique characters I can't get through any other means, and a map with the AT-AT plains map on one side and a map that looks like they copy/pasted Endor bunker onto an AT-AT map and called it Echo Base. That is NOT Echo Base. It's way too small. I can't really see how this is supposed to attach to the AT-AT map in a way that makes it appear like the movie. Better to get the Echo Base custom map that is a better fit, both map-wise and movie wise.

I haven't been this disappointed in a product since the RotS starter box. (Well, okay, the Rebel and Imperials 2-packs were a waste of company resources, but I didn't have to buy them to have the pieces in that set, so I didn't think too much about it.)

I may be alone in my expression here, and that's fine. But as possibly the biggest proponent among SWMers of the Hoth Battle and mass battle games, I couldn't stay silent on this one.

I agree, the set is way too expensive for the pieces, but I'll buy it anyways just because it has the Blizard Scout and Veers hologram. And yeah the Echo Base map is horrible, way too small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:59 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Luckily, I don't have Han on Tauntaun, so it isn't a complete waste in my eyes. Still a slightly better deal than the UM books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:11 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Boris wrote:
Some follow-up to that, also as posted on WotC:

Sure, it's not the exact Endor Bunker, it's just the same shape, same contents, only with slightly changed features and the insertion of a door onto the product. It is by no means an original map; it's just a collection of artistic elements from the AT-AT map and the Endor map re-worked into something with a slightly different feel.

A better concept for Echo Base that is truly attachable to the Shield Generator can be found at cafepress.

I have since been told this is NOT Echo Base, which just makes me think: why the heck didn't they make Echo Base?

Answer: because they're cheap and lazy.

This is it all points layed out with regards to the maps on this horribly expensive "exclusive" Why the hell can't they put some reasources to some f'in maps?? How can they give us all these wacky new powers, cool sculpts, and.....still leave us with 3 maps that are huge friendly. There is no shortage of locations in the SW universe. I really hope they start to tap these locations in '08