logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: playtesting Sith v-set pieces 100pt Tile Wars
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:00 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

We are having a 100pt Tile Wars night at the lgs, and I want to playtest some of the new pieces. Here's what Ive come up with for the Sith pieces so far. Let me know what you think.For reference, EKG= Exar Kun, Ghost

Darth Plageuis, Jarael, EKG

Darth Bandon, Cad Bane, Kintan Strider

Darth Bandon, Cad Bane, 6 Ugos/ Mice/ Brutes

Darth Bane, EKG, Mouse Droid

Malak DLotS, 2x Sith Acolyte, 3x Ugo/ Mice/ Brutes

Naga Sadow, EKG, MTB, Camaasi Noble, 3x Ugo/ Mice/ Brutes

Any suggestions?

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

Post subject: Re: playtesting Sith v-set pieces 100pt Tile Wars
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:21 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Naga Sadow, EKG, Ayy Vida, 3pt filler of choice.

In such a limited format, nothing beats the save 15 Sith Sorcery and Paralysis saves after Dark Aura. Naga Sadow deals an almost guaranteed 40 damage per hit with a save 20 on his Virulent Poison. Vida will likely lose her cunning attack most times, but she still has a +11 which isnt terrible and has a save 15 Poison 20 now too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:12 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I do like the Naga/EKG combo for Tile Wars. There might be one or two other Sith pieces which would fit well in that squad too, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.... :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:54 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

The Naga/ EKG combo is good, I'll give you that, and the one you listed is definitely better than the one I listed, BUT, since you have no way to control initiative, you are purely at the mercy of the dice in this case. At a higher point level, I think that might be a good foundation for a squad, but at 100, I think wouldnt work as well as your hoping.

The Plagueis, EKG, Jarael combo I put on there, i think, could give the squad you listed some serious trouble. I think i might try to playtest that out a couple times before game day.

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Disturbed1 wrote:
The Naga/ EKG combo is good, I'll give you that, and the one you listed is definitely better than the one I listed, BUT, since you have no way to control initiative, you are purely at the mercy of the dice in this case. At a higher point level, I think that might be a good foundation for a squad, but at 100, I think wouldnt work as well as your hoping.

The Plagueis, EKG, Jarael combo I put on there, i think, could give the squad you listed some serious trouble. I think i might try to playtest that out a couple times before game day.

You guys must play Tile Wars differently than I do then. I've never heard of initiative or activation control games in Tile Wars. Get in their activate his guys and slaughter them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:34 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:

In such a limited format, nothing beats the save 15 Sith Sorcery and Paralysis saves after Dark Aura. Naga Sadow deals an almost guaranteed 40 damage per hit with a save 20 on his Virulent Poison. Vida will likely lose her cunning attack most times, but she still has a +11 which isnt terrible and has a save 15 Poison 20 now too.

What about Naga Sadow, EKG, Boussh? That's a save 15 on grenades 40. :mrgreen: Each round, Naga uses Sith Sorcery (twice if necessary), then Boussh hits as many pieces as possible with a nade (no need for Cunning). Rinse, repeat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

thereisnotry wrote:

What about Naga Sadow, EKG, Boussh? That's a save 15 on grenades 40. :mrgreen: Each round, Naga uses Sith Sorcery (twice if necessary), then Boussh hits as many pieces as possible with a nade (no need for Cunning). Rinse, repeat.

In 200, I'd be all for Boushh, but in a 100 how many characters can there be...3? 4 at most? That's why I like Ayy in there, likely no need to waste another FP on Sith Sorcery...if one of the 3 remaines unactivated send her in there with Cunning and she swings at +15 and has a possible 40 damage with a save 15 poison and then a save 15 paralysis. If they've all activated, she still gets a save 15 poison.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:41 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thereisnotry wrote:

In 200, I'd be all for Boushh, but in a 100 how many characters can there be...3? 4 at most? That's why I like Ayy in there, likely no need to waste another FP on Sith Sorcery...if one of the 3 remaines unactivated send her in there with Cunning and she swings at +15 and has a possible 40 damage with a save 15 poison and then a save 15 paralysis. If they've all activated, she still gets a save 15 poison.

That's a good point. Ayy is the better joice, in that case.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:46 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

You guys must play Tile Wars differently than I do then. I've never heard of initiative or activation control games in Tile Wars. Get in their activate his guys and slaughter them.

Ive never played either of those either, cause that would end in Epicfailville, lol. My point is at 100pts in Tile Wars, most people arent going to play more than like 4 pieces, so if they get the initiative on you, and can activate one of their main pieces, then you have double Sith Sorcery w save 15 might not matter in the least. If you dont get that going just about every round, then hes not worth near the points, me thinks, at least for this format.

For teh squad I listed above, if I win init, and can base you with Jarael, ive got a good shot at activating your Naga before he can activate anyone else on my team. If I go with Plageuis first, I Corrupt your Naga, who takes 30-40, then likely another 30-40 on your turn every turn after that, which ought to drop Naga pretty fast.

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I play-tested the Naga/EKG combo in a 200 point Tile Wars game a few weeks back, and that was freakin' brutal. I even screwed up and had Exar out of place in one round, and couldn't effect everybody with Dark Aura, and then on another round, my opponent rolled 17s, 18s, and 20s for all his main pieces against Sith Sorcery, and only failed the rolls with his Ugos/Mice, lol. I still smoked him. Naga's Poison+20 with a Save of 16 was always strong, but with a save 20 now, he basically might as well just have 40 damage written on his card to start with. Without Mettle, it's pretty tough to avoid it. Oh, and I had Bandon in the build too, lol, so it was really 50 damage. And I may have been using EKG to Haunt Naga too, which with a FP for Rage, then pushed him to 60. :P One hit kills, on the move, against most things. :D

At 100 points, Plageius and EKG is probably not a bad idea either. Corruption 3 would be fairly strong in that setup, and Boussh with EKG is just nasty.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:03 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Disturbed1 wrote:
For teh squad I listed above, if I win init, and can base you with Jarael, ive got a good shot at activating your Naga before he can activate anyone else on my team. If I go with Plageuis first, I Corrupt your Naga, who takes 30-40, then likely another 30-40 on your turn every turn after that, which ought to drop Naga pretty fast.

One thing to point out...with either squad. If you win initiative in the first round you MUST have your opponent go first. EKG's Dark Aura requires him to activate to fire it off. That's why I like the Naga one a little bit more, it has offensive firepower that isn't reliant just on saves for the games where you will lose initiative in round one and have to go first.

Another thing to remember is that you can't target force spirits, so your opponent only has to be within 6 to banish him. Which means, if I am remembering Dark Aura correctly, with a well placed EKG of you own, force him to roll a 15 on his banish save. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:42 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

You make some good points there. I think Im gonna have to playtest these to see which one I actually use, lol.

fingersandteeth wrote: