logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dash 'n Gash
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I am pretty sure this is the first squad I have posted in close to TWO years.... WOW!

--Dash 'n Gash--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
47 General Skywalker
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
23 Captain Panaka
21 The Dark Woman
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
4 Gran Raider
9 Rodian Brute x3

(200pts. 11 activations)

Just looked over the new figures since CW when I stopped playing. Yodabuck was my favorite piece when I stopped playing and General Skywalker was just MADE for him!

The idea is simple, send Yoda up to 38 squares in a turn (R2 Tow, Speed 10, Master Speed, Gallop) attacking at a +22 for 30 a swing, swap with TDW and then get out of there by phasing through walls. Anakin plays clean up and Dash would be a powerhouse late game. (Potential 4 attacks at +14 for 30 damage!)

I haven't played it, heck I have only played one game in the last year and a half. How would it hold in today's meta?

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject: Re: Dash 'n Gash
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:57 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Well the top version of that uses lobot not Dark woman. I used Jar Jar in racine and it worked pretty well. I think the Dark woman running through a wall for 30 damage could be nice. With 110 I guess she is a good CE killer/swapper. This version is the first version I made when we knew about skywalker. I think it could do good but lacks the acts and double override which I think is needed for yodabuck now a days with the R7 running around. O the squad needs at least one uggie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:16 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Ive seen a version running Anakin on STAP, Commander Ahsoka, and QuiGon JT instead of General Skywalker. Dont remember if there were any other changes.

Turn 1: Use R2 to tow up DW, she moves through walls to get right outside enemy staring area, Swap in Anakin, who flies around, killing just about everything in sight with less than 50 HP. Fly though again at the beginning of the next round if hes still alive, and then swap back out. Very nasty.

Yours is more along the lines of other skybuck squads, I think, but I like the DW in it. Phase + Swap is nice.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:28 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

thejumpingflea wrote:
The idea is simple, send Yoda up to 38 squares in a turn (R2 Tow, Speed 10, Master Speed, Gallop) attacking at a +22 for 30 a swing, swap with TDW and then get out of there by phasing through walls. Anakin plays clean up and Dash would be a powerhouse late game. (Potential 4 attacks at +14 for 30 damage!)

One thing to note that you might have missed on in your absence. Galloping Attack doesn't work with Tow (it, along with Strafe, were changed to "on this character's turn" type attacks). Also, General Skywalker's CE only works when you stop moving (so only his last attacks when he stops will get Momentum). If you already knew this that's fine, just wanted to make sure since it seems from your post you might not.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:32 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Even with the limitations jedispyder noted above, you've hit on one of the top combos in the game.

The mid-cost support piece changes from squad to squad. Dark Woman is a decent choice. Most prefer the flexibility of Lobot. In regionals I went with the extra power of Ahsoka.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:00 pm 

It definitely is a great combo, in no way was I saying it was bad (shoulda clarified or at least said "yay" lol).

A lot of people have different perceptions of what to choose for a squad like this. Ahsoka does work very well with this type of squad (so much easier to get off Rolling Cleave when you're using Momentum). Dark Woman is great if you plan to rely heavily on swapping on a door/wall heavy, plus her HP:Cost ration is great. Lobot helps out to be able to out activate your opponent or bring in more Override, a lot of people prefer this option for tournaments for the versatility.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:05 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Yep. And we both failed to note Jonny's option of Jar Jar which can add some horrific unpredictability in a situation where top players always look for as much certainty as they can find.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:23 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sweet. Thanks for the input.

So Yoda cannot use Momentum with Galloping Attack? By the definition, he has "moved" and I would guess that would work? Been a long while though!

Nickname, some clarification? (Haven't said that in a while! ;) )

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:25 pm 

thejumpingflea wrote:

So Yoda cannot use Momentum with Galloping Attack? By the definition, he has "moved" and I would guess that would work? Been a long while though!

It's correct that Yoda has moved, but if you reread General Skywalker's CE it states you have to end your movement in order to Momentum [Followers who end their move within 6 squares of this character gain Momentum]. So you can get Momentum when you end your movement (which, if moved correctly, will still grant you a Galloping Attack with Momentum and then a regular Momentum attack).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:43 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

jedispyder wrote:
thejumpingflea wrote:

It's correct that Yoda has moved, but if you reread General Skywalker's CE it states you have to end your movement in order to Momentum [Followers who end their move within 6 squares of this character gain Momentum]. So you can get Momentum when you end your movement (which, if moved correctly, will still grant you a Galloping Attack with Momentum and then a regular Momentum attack).

Ooooh. Gotcha.

Thanks for the clarification.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:54 pm 

No biggie, it's easy to get confused (you're at least the 10th person I've had to help on his CE, lol).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:46 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Nice job, Flea! I played Skybuck (dropping TDW for Lobot) at Gencon this year, and LOVED every minute of it! Last year after Gencon, I was sick and tired of my Snowspeeder squad, but this year after Gencon, I still enjoy playing Skybuck. It's powerful, flexible, creative, and challenging to play, all at once.

IMHO, the fact that you've built this squad after 18 months away, says that you have definitely NOT lost your knack for squadbuilding. Great to have you back!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:15 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thereisnotry wrote:
Nice job, Flea! I played Skybuck (dropping TDW for Lobot) at Gencon this year, and LOVED every minute of it! Last year after Gencon, I was sick and tired of my Snowspeeder squad, but this year after Gencon, I still enjoy playing Skybuck. It's powerful, flexible, creative, and challenging to play, all at once.

IMHO, the fact that you've built this squad after 18 months away, says that you have definitely NOT lost your knack for squadbuilding. Great to have you back!

Haha, thanks TINT! Good to see you still around.

I still haven't looked through all the new characters. I do like a lot of them though!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Other popular combos for this include using Commander Ahsoka to give yoda and dash the ability to rolling cleave, or trading Dash and Skywalker for Plo Koon and Rex, or trading out Panaka basically for Captain Rex and more fire power (sacrificing swap obviously).

I preferred the Lobot option for tournaments because of the flexibility, and it was pretty cool to see a squad I built well over a year ago still being competitive at Gencon this year :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:22 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
Other popular combos for this include using Commander Ahsoka to give yoda and dash the ability to rolling cleave, or trading Dash and Skywalker for Plo Koon and Rex, or trading out Panaka basically for Captain Rex and more fire power (sacrificing swap obviously).

I preferred the Lobot option for tournaments because of the flexibility, and it was pretty cool to see a squad I built well over a year ago still being competitive at Gencon this year :)

What, no option with Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter?

:jango: Jango Trio :jango:

:)