logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: My custom Vset template
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:44 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

So far I really like the looks on the stats and character selection for the Virtual Set. However, with no disrespect to the designers, I don't like the how the new vset card template looks. It has been made known that the designers are not looking for any input so I decided that I'd make my own template, and eventually will provide the entire set for people to print out if they want.

Here are a couple points about the template I didn't like. It reminds me of the A&E Red cards, it doesn't feel like the cards we know and looks odd among all the other cards. It feels like I'm in a tank and targeting all the stats and names. I also feel that the card is too dark and will be a problem for those of us that will be printing them out at home.

That being said, I DO NOT WANT THIS THREAD TO BE ABOUT BASHING THEIR TEMPLATE. If you feel like bashing anything, feel free to take it out on my template. :?

Below is the template with the Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit stats. I really liked the idea that eMouse had with the sidebar on his "Kenner Style" card so I took some inspiration from that. I also included cut marks in each corner to help people with cutting the card out.

Spoiler: show

Post subject: Re: My custom Vset template
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:18 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I do like the look of this template; it's very easy to read with the white background for the text areas, the faction color stands out nicely on the top and sides, and it is similar to WotC's cards while still being different enough to not be confused with theirs. Nicely done! :)