logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Making Force Repulse bigger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:03 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

If I have a character with Force Repulse aboard a Troop Cart/ Desert Skiff, would the Repulse be counted from the Cart/ Skiff or the character on board?

I believe it to be from the cart/skiff, but I want to double check. I think I saw a ruling where a Self-Destruct went from the Skiff/ Cart not the aboard character, so I figured it would be the same kind of ruling.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

Post subject: Re: Making Force Repulse bigger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think the ruling is that you count outward from the cart/skiff, but that the cart/skiff would take damage as well. I don't remember for sure though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I think your correct, which then means anyone else on the cart/skiff also takes the dmg...Hmmm...

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:29 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Another question:

Can you be levitated/ towed/ swapped/ placed (by the Bulkloader for example)/ any other kind of movement breaker onto/off of the skiff/cart.

My rational says yes, based on drawing LOS to the character on the cart is considered to the cart + 1 sq, so I would think placing a character onto it via any of those methods would count the same way. As long as you can reach it, then you can place them on it/ move them off it.

Thoughts?

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Disturbed1 wrote:
Another question:

Can you be levitated/ towed/ swapped/ placed (by the Bulkloader for example)/ any other kind of movement breaker onto/off of the skiff/cart.

My rational says yes, based on drawing LOS to the character on the cart is considered to the cart + 1 sq, so I would think placing a character onto it via any of those methods would count the same way. As long as you can reach it, then you can place them on it/ move them off it.

Thoughts?

I don't think you can be levitated/towed, as boarding/disembarking the cart/skiff are specific actions. However, the FAQ specifically addresses swapping, and does allow it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:54 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Hmmm.

Im working on a squad design with this concept. Guess I might not need Ganner in it after all.

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:48 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Outside of swap, there is no way for a character to be put directly on the Skiff (or Troop Cart).

However, any voluntary movement that causes the character to end up adjacent to it at the end of the move meets the conditions for boarding, including Tow, Lift, Levitate, and end of turn extra movement CEs, in addition to normal movement on the boarding character's turn.

There is a whole section devoted to the Skiff on the Holocron under Rules Resources. Covers pretty much everything one could think of...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:27 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I seem to remember, you count from the skiff/cart but add 1 to the count. So you would count 5 from the skiff/cart for a range 6 ability. Kind if like counting from the middle of the skiff and since your counting from the middle and going out over part of the skiff then that is why the skiff/cart takes damage. At least that's how it was when these transports came out. They may have changed that, which I am not aware off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:36 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

sthlrd2 wrote:
I seem to remember, you count from the skiff/cart but add 1 to the count. So you would count 5 from the skiff/cart for a range 6 ability. Kind if like counting from the middle of the skiff and since your counting from the middle and going out over part of the skiff then that is why the skiff/cart takes damage. At least that's how it was when these transports came out. They may have changed that, which I am not aware off.

The part where you add +1 when counting range only applies to Desert Skiff. Troop Cart allows you to count from the Troop Cart without penalty.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:46 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanx sithborg that's good to know

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:35 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

So if the +1 sqs from the skiff, but not from the cart which makes no sense to me since they are the same size, then if I used the Force Repulse while aboard the Troop Cart, would it not take the damage then, using the logic that your not counting through its squares?

I just read through that whole Skiff section. I think im going to print that out before I actually consider using it lol.

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:50 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Disturbed1 wrote:
So if the +1 sqs from the skiff, but not from the cart which makes no sense to me since they are the same size, then if I used the Force Repulse while aboard the Troop Cart, would it not take the damage then, using the logic that your not counting through its squares?

I just read through that whole Skiff section. I think im going to print that out before I actually consider using it lol.

Characters aboard the troop cart are considered adjacent to it, so yes it would take repulse damage.

As to why the +1 square with the Skiff - because Rob said so! (different SAs)

I guess you could think of it this way - you walk up next to the cart - the guys head is poking up above the side so you can whack him. On the Skiff (a big sailboat thingy) the guy is up higher than you can reach, and there are no ropes to climb up. All you can do is try to knock a hole in the side to sink it. Or stand back away from it and target the guy using the scope (accurate) on your blaster rifle...

Now, to build a squad with Jar Jar aboard the skiff... JUDGE?...we have a question! :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:54 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

swinefeld wrote:
Now, to build a squad with Jar Jar aboard the skiff... JUDGE?...we have a question! :P

Such as? If youve got some, id like to get these out now, not have to second guess everything when i show up at 200 with a Gungan-toting Skiff.

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:33 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Disturbed1 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Such as? If youve got some, id like to get these out now, not have to second guess everything when i show up at 200 with a Gungan-toting Skiff.

Lol, no, nothing specific. Just that those two have arguably the two most confusing abilities in the game.