20 General Whorm Loathsom
32 IG-86 Assassin Droid x2
15 A4-Series Lab Droid
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer
7 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Right now this i think is the best build. the only other thing i was suggested to change was to drop a IG, mouse, and R7 and add Lobot which can bring back in IG and the Mouse for the same activations. I think this is a very fun and competitive squad that could do far and can deal with a lot.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

Post subject: Re: Separatists X Factor
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Do you have a strategic reason for going with the X1 over more IG's/ San Hill? I realize the more likely chance of surviving the X1 gives because of Molcular Shielding, I mean other than that?

If yout not opposed to swapping it out, then San/ more IGs could improve the damage output of the squad significantly. If you are wanting to build around it, then I like the squad as is.

Either way, id probably suggest the swap you listed for Lobot, just for the ability to switch around those extra activations, just in case.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:01 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Disturbed1 wrote:
Do you have a strategic reason for going with the X1 over more IG's/ San Hill? I realize the more likely chance of surviving the X1 gives because of Molcular Shielding, I mean other than that?

In todays meta the X1 is very potent and is able to stop a majority of things. Yoda cannot gallap past it and if he does drop 60 on i can repair it for 40 thus only taking 20 damage and then can unload 4 shots on him or who ever swaps in his place. a droid squad can shot all day at it and there will be shoots flying back at them and with no accurate in most droid squads my repair is safe. it can survive an assault from mara jade/vader squad. cad has to shoot it and with only 80 health he will surly take some damage with no evade when the shoots fly back.

And when you plop that X1 on the field it really changes the thinking and strategy of the opponent and could very well mess them up as well. you really cannot beat the +12 and 4 shots ar 30 damage no matter what. Yea i can easily switch him out for san and more IGs then it will be like every other droid squad out there

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

StriderRe80 wrote:
Disturbed1 wrote:

In todays meta the X1 is very potent and is able to stop a majority of things. Yoda cannot gallap past it and if he does drop 60 on i can repair it for 40 thus only taking 20 damage and then can unload 4 shots on him or who ever swaps in his place. a droid squad can shot all day at it and there will be shoots flying back at them and with no accurate in most droid squads my repair is safe. it can survive an assault from mara jade/vader squad. cad has to shoot it and with only 80 health he will surly take some damage with no evade when the shoots fly back.

And when you plop that X1 on the field it really changes the thinking and strategy of the opponent and could very well mess them up as well. you really cannot beat the +12 and 4 shots ar 30 damage no matter what. Yea i can easily switch him out for san and more IGs then it will be like every other droid squad out there

I agree. Personally, I've always liked the X-1 Viper Droid, especially since it gained the ability to gain Twin Attack (GGDAC or Whorm). The majority of the most-used shooters nowadays lack Accurate Shot, so it's a good meta choice for that reason alone. And Tyrannus (duelist and twin-ripostes) will be very effective at dealing with any melee pieces that your opponent rushes at your Viper. Nice job!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:15 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I've actually run an X1 whorm squad, and it can be better than San and Igs against a number of commonly played opponents. I've use a Lancer to support it, strafe around the X1 rather than as a deep striker. I've also run a Sideous version that was a lot of fun as well. The one thing I would change is not having Lobot. You might as well get Lobot in there and bring in repair with him for a tournament build.

Also, while I like Tyranus, you might find that a lesser beat (Assaj is nice since she can go it alone without needing whorm or a mouse) and fit in a couple of regular BDs which can help clear screens for the IGs and the X1. Another option would be Jarael, which would also let you work in a couple more shooters if you want them. With twin, there really are a lot of surprising things you can do that you might not normally try. A cunning attacker for example would be a nice compliment to the IGs - and granted, I get that Tyranus is that threat as well with Lightning and the likely activation of the opponent. Just some options that I considered when I actually played a version of this, rather than tell you having never tried it that you should be running IGs and San.... :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know if it would be worth it or not but maybe a bd sergeant for the extra 10 damage. Then your x1 could shoot for 40 which would make him that much meaner and your ig's with the extra 10 could be just as mean.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I didnt say he should play IGs/ San, I asked why he was going with the X1 over that, as those seem to be about as meta as the Seps get right now, thanks to Engineer.

Having been given the reason he is using the X1, like I said, I like it as is, but agree with his consideration of swapping out for Lobot( and Bill makes a good point of more healing being brought in).

Sthlrd's idea of the Sergeant I like as well, but I have no idea what to drop for it.

if you wanted to go with a Cunning shooter to compliment the IGs in the squad, you could try Deliah Blue. No suggestions from me on what you could drop for her, but she has the same Industrial Repair 30 as the other healer you have, plus Mobile (which would be handy for repairs also) Cunning Accurate shot.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:34 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Disturbed1 wrote:
if you wanted to go with a Cunning shooter to compliment the IGs in the squad, you could try Deliah Blue. No suggestions from me on what you could drop for her, but she has the same Industrial Repair 30 as the other healer you have, plus Mobile (which would be handy for repairs also) Cunning Accurate shot.

Well as bill pointed out i could go with a lesser beat stick and drop dooku and the a4 and add Deliah and have 30 points left over for a smaller beatstick which i dont know who maybe Jarael but I never liked her low attack even with her parry and evade i think she might go down fast. and then thier is the lancer as well. So that might work as well heck even the eg and a battle driod.

Ok I might have to change a few things around maybe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:55 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

--sep X factor 2.0--
45 X-1 Viper Droid
33 Deliah Blue
26 EG-05 Jedi Hunter Droid
20 General Whorm Loathsom
32 IG-86 Assassin Droid x2
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer
7 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Battle Droid
8 Mouse Droid x4
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 16 activations)