logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New Republic Squad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:03 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Here is a couple New republic squads I want to try. They are basically the same as other with a few changes. The first one is

45 Mara Jade, Jedi
54 Kyle Katarn, Jedi Battlemaster
29 Ganner Rhysode
23 Anakin Solo
27 Lobot
9 General Dodonna
10 Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit
3 Ugnaught

Reserves
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught x4
or
8 R7 Astromech Droid x2
3 Ugnaight

Luke spirit is probably going to haunt Kyle. Ganner throws Kyle and Mara around. Then after one of them dies Anakin come in and use Unleah the force to mop things up.

The second squad is

54 Kyle Katarn
29 Ganner
45 Mara Jade
50 Han Solo GH
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught x4

I know this is less activations but this way you get all the good NR guys. Any comments or suggestions about either swaud are welcomed.

Post subject: Re: New Republic Squad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:06 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Clearly the first has the activation advantage over the second, but the second has the double Disruptive, and thanks to Han, cancels out your opponents initiative control.

While I would prefer to see some kind of initiative control to give your Mara or Mara/ Han help in getting teh Cunning Attack off, you dont have many options in the first squad as it is, and you simply dont have the points in the second one, with all three beats eating up most of the points.

If you wanted to use init control in the first, youd probably need to drop Anakin FS+ Ugo in favor of....I think it was Gha Nackt that I saw in the other builds of this type. Then, you can bring in an MTB +5 mouse droids with lobot. While that helps, it doesnt give you much room for games that go into alot of rounds. Your exit strategy for that is obviously to blow the MTB with Anakin's bomb. Hopefully you would have a good enough lead in five rounds that once you blow the bomb, you wouldnt be banking on getting the initiative each round.

While squads like these are powerful and popular right now, they do have their own set of weaknesses. Bad placement can get you killed quickly, especially if you are facing a veritual mirror match.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:59 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What's your map choice? I like the first one but I really don't think the ghost is needed. I would take it out for more mice and uggies. It helps your activations, gives you interference, and depending on what you bring in instead you can very up your reinforcements.

With the second one I think the right map choice is very important, I know you have 4 uggies but that only allows you to open doors and if they are taken out then your screwed and about to be seperated by locked doors. A lot of power but a different set of weaknesses altogether. Eric's nute gunray squad comes to mind. An uphill battle to say the least but I think your first squad has a much better chance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:37 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I changed my first squad now that I finally got a hold of Some mouse droids. The map Im thinking of using is Ravaged base. Again any suggestions comments are welcomed.

45 Mara Jade
54 Kyle Katarn
29 Ganner
23 Wedge
27 Lobot
9 General Dodanna
12 Gha Nachkt

RESERVES
3 Ugnaughts x4
2 Mouse Droids x4

198 Points 15 Activations

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:54 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

the squad is only 198 you can add one more mouse. To be honest I wouldnt go with the mouse trick. I would go with a TBSV for Kyle and a R7.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

jonnyb815 wrote:
the squad is only 198 you can add one more mouse. To be honest I wouldnt go with the mouse trick. I would go with a TBSV for Kyle and a R7.

What is a TBSV?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:11 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

TBSV is twilek black sun vigo. Gives followeres with evade greater mobile. So in your squad Kyle would have greater mobile. The tbsv also has opportunist 20 and shoots regular at +9 so a decent gun on his own. And he has jolt.