logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:59 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

SonOfThrawn wrote:
Solodan wrote:
I think we are missing a key point:

If this chewie is betrays on an attack against palps, he can then repair and gunner the AT-ST wookie hunter!

That alone makes him amazing :)

Don't forget, with RotS emperor, you could pull in clone commander gree and thus pull in a horde of wookiee traitors (including WFFs) along with your wookiee hunter AT-ST.

Hurray for themed squads.

IT'S A TRAP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:35 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

emr131 wrote:

Psst, I was specifically quoting and replying to Billiv :).

And as far as I know, we were just having fun with one another. Thats a consistent problem on the internet. You cant even joke around with someone without a third party misinterpreting it as some kind of malice. I actually laughed when you made the comment about not comparing Chewy to Jango :) Thought that was a nice touch.

I tell you right now, I am not in the mood for any more people telling me how to post or some such. I see the same with Drew on WotC. Apparently sarcasm is no longer allowed or you deserve to be in jail...

Ill just say this once. Relax guys, this forum isnt WotC. For the most part we are a much smaller community of people many of which know one another. Please dont take any jabs thrown round as serious personal attacks or some kind of malice. Its all in fun. We are all really nice people in real life and like joking around.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:27 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I think that the new Chewie was designed either with the Snowspeeder or Kazdan in mind. With Kazdan you're likely to take some droids such as the Viper (and hope to bring in the BDO). With Chewie you have someone to combine fire as well as repair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:10 am 
General
General

LoboStele wrote:
No, but Gunner 10 and Spotter 20 will stack if the situation arises. Picture it this way. A few rounds into the game, the forces have closed in on each other. In one round, you run up some other piece. Then next round, you use K-3PO to swap Chewie for the other piece up front, which puts him within 6 of the target. Then you activate the Snowspeeder, move it up to be adjacent to Chewie, and fire at the target, combining with Chewie. Now, on the Speeder's first attack it would get a +12 attack for 50 damage! If the Rebel Leader happens to be within 6 squares of Chewie as well, then the Snowspeeder would get a +14 attack. :D

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but what combo allows for stacking of Gunner 10 and Spotter 20? There are no Spotter pieces with Gunner to combine with a Mounted Weapon figure. Rebel Leader can grant Spotter 20 to Rebels, but the only figure with Gunner to benefit is... Chewie RH.

It is something worth thinking about in future though should we get more Rebel Gunners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:29 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Wedge772 wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but what combo allows for stacking of Gunner 10 and Spotter 20? There are no Spotter pieces with Gunner to combine with a Mounted Weapon figure. Rebel Leader can grant Spotter 20 to Rebels, but the only figure with Gunner to benefit is... Chewie RH.

It is something worth thinking about in future though should we get more Rebel Gunners.

Think he's talking about Chewie of Hoth. Move some other character within 6 of the target, then swap for Chewie, then move the snowspeeder adjacent to Chewie and combine fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:01 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Wedge772 wrote:

Chewie of Hoth has the new Gunner 10 ability. Chewie RH merely has Gunner. And yes, I was thinking of the combo with the Leader. A Garindan that can survive a bit more for Huges intrigues me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:27 pm 
General
General

Sithborg wrote:
Wedge772 wrote:

Chewie of Hoth has the new Gunner 10 ability. Chewie RH merely has Gunner. And yes, I was thinking of the combo with the Leader. A Garindan that can survive a bit more for Huges intrigues me.

Ahhh... didn't occur to me that it could be the *same* figure with Gunner 10 and Spotter 20, in my head I was thinking it had to be 2 different characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:11 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

@Lobo,
Repair 20 vs BG and Repair 10?

Meh, I win.

New Chewie is horrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:52 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

It's Chewie RH vs Chewie oH and 8 points. That could be Wicket, or 2 activations. Against a squad with a lot of area effect, Chewie RH's Bodyguard isn't such a sure thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:28 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Lord_Nihl wrote:
New Chewie is horrible.

He's a niche piece, not for every squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

yea he's not horrible, just more specific in usefulness. It's better to create niche pieces instead of always upping the ante on each unique. Rob thinks these things out quite well....

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:04 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Oh God...here we go. Uliq is out for another wookiee assassination.
LOL, I cant say i disagree with him though. I kinda think that Luke's speeder will be key to how playable Chewie is. I think part of the problem is that you really are not going to see a much better chewie tha RH. He is just so well rounded.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:14 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

The DrewScape:

|----------------------------------------------------------------->
<----------------------------------------------------------------->
<--------------------------Horrible-------------------------------->
<----------------------------------------------||-Best of the Best-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:15 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LOL Nickname

I understand your point Drew, but it could honestly just be because of the types of pieces you typically play. Yes, BG on Chewie RH is almost exclusively better across the board. However, there is so much splash damage available now (Boba Enforcer, Rebel Vanguard, Junk Golem, Jango BH, DS Gunners, etc.) that BG just isn't as powerful as it used to be. For the 8 extra points, in some situations I'd rather go with Chewie oH and a Twi'lek BG. I think the +4/+10 that Hoth Chewie grants will be far more useful to a Mounted Weapon character than Bodyguard will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:29 am 

Jason was pretty accurate with my scale actually

If you can't compete for some reason with the best version of the character then I pretty much won't play it.

Wickett doesn't do much for me in Rebel squads that I usually run, but I see the point.

@adder, this chewie is barely a niche piece. He's a downgraded version of RH, so what they put him in as a VR? No idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:35 am 

Lord_Nihl wrote:

@adder, this chewie is barely a niche piece. He's a downgraded version of RH, so what they put him in as a VR? No idea.

Because as a rare, imagine how mad you would get when you pulled your fourth one!!! WotC was thinking of you Drew :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:59 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

I actually prefer it when the great gameplay pieces are R rather than VR.

I like it when players with less money can field solid characters and pull them more easily.

I prefer the VRs be the oddball stuff that collectors like. The only thing that sucked about pulling Evazan was that it was half of your chance at Thrawn out of the case. If Thrawn had been R then its no big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 am 

NickName wrote:

I like it when players with less money can field solid characters and pull them more easily.

I prefer the VRs be the oddball stuff that collectors like. The only thing that sucked about pulling Evazan was that it was half of your chance at Thrawn out of the case. If Thrawn had been R then its no big deal.

I agree completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:14 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

NickName wrote:

Yup...100% on that bandwagon. I'd much rather the really playable pieces by Rares so that it's easier for me to get them, and I'll have more fun along the way. If the less playable ones are VR, I don't mind if it takes me a month or two to track them down after release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:47 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

My case VR's were pretty crappy for Universe, but great for BH. I'm hoping FU is like BH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next