logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: I Don't Get It.
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:03 pm 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

Why is Han Solo, Smuggler used so much. I just don't see what is so good about him.

Post subject: Re: I Don't Get It.
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

The fact that he's just 27 points and can do 40 Damage at +14. He synergizes very well with all other mainly used Rebel pieces (Rieekan gives him both Evade and Mobile, Princess Leia grants him an extra attack for +18 for 50, and Dodonna makes sure that you can get Opportunist off). Sure, you can use Scoundrel for 19 points more to do the extra damage with Twin but Cunning is sometimes difficult to get off on the most desired pieces with mitthThrawn being so widely used. Opportunist is just more easier than Cunning, IMO.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:39 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

As he is by himself, I agree that Han Smuggler is pretty weak; that's what people were saying back when KOTOR was released, too. But even then, I remember saying that all he needed was Mobile Attack and Evade in order to be an outstanding piece...and then Rieekan came along a few months later in IE, and Smuggler has been the go-to Han ever since (he was actually dynamite in NR squads via Jaina and with Wedge during the KOTOR era, too).

As jedispyder said, Han Smuggler is an outstanding piece with the proper support...and that support is helpful to the whole squad, not just to Han. Many squads have to think very carefully about how they'll handle 90dmg from the Han-Leia combo at the end of every round. Since he has accurate shot, stealth and meat-shields won't provide any protection either.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:43 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Not that it helps in alot of cases, but its also occasionaly handy that he doesnt have a force point.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:32 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Actually, it's all of the above, but the biggest reason is that he's the only real opportunist piece the Rebels have that syngerizes well with Leia. So he's the obvious back up shooter to whatever else you are throwing out there, like a SS, LS, Shaak Ti, Kota, Luke HPU and Var, Commandos/Madine/Luke RC, etc. If there were another cheap Rebel with opportunist, he would not be played so often, and the cunning Han's would again see a lot more play. That's probably the biggest reason. I agree, he's not terribly great in terms of stats, but for 27pts he's pretty awesome as a Rebel (Reeikan/Leia - I highly dispute that an accurate shooter needs Dodonna to get opp off on a regular basis).

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29