logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Is this meta?
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

This is a Yobuck Swap squad without Momentum, and was wondering your opinions on it.
I might be playing this for regionals if play testing goes well.
Friendly critism is welcome!!!

--Yobuck Swap--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
33 Captain Rex
26 Jedi Weapon Master
23 Captain Panaka
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
3 Mouse Droid
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

p.s.
I know it's low on activations.

Fun Stuff:
In the year 3000 we will combine Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook to create the ultimate website: youtwitface

Post subject: Re: Is this meta?
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:23 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

By "Is this meta?" do you mean, "Is this Tier 1 competitive?" If so, then I'm really not the best person to ask. But my first impression is that it can probably compete, though it's not entirely optimized.

Zuckuss can be fabulous when he hits, but he really does need some sort of attack boost (Twin, Mettle/Renewal, +4 Att, etc) in order to be reliable. His intuition is handy with Yobuck swapping. Rex and a JWM are good choices for this build too, imho. I think the problem you'll have is relatively low attack values (+12 for jwm, rex, panaka, +9/13 for Zuck), which makes the squad a little more dice-dependent than I'd like. If only you had room for another 55pts (GOWK, GMY).... :)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:30 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

thereisnotry wrote:
By "Is this meta?" do you mean, "Is this Tier 1 competitive?" If so, then I'm really not the best person to ask. But my first impression is that it can probably compete, though it's not entirely optimized.

Zuckuss can be fabulous when he hits, but he really does need some sort of attack boost (Twin, Mettle/Renewal, +4 Att, etc) in order to be reliable. His intuition is handy with Yobuck swapping. Rex and a JWM are good choices for this build too, imho. I think the problem you'll have is relatively low attack values (+12 for jwm, rex, panaka, +9/13 for Zuck), which makes the squad a little more dice-dependent than I'd like. If only you had room for another 55pts (GOWK, GMY).... :)

Yes, I ment if it's tier 1.
I think +12 att is good, Zuckuss's +9 is the only one that gets me worried.

Fun Stuff:
In the year 3000 we will combine Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook to create the ultimate website: youtwitface

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm 
General
General

Don't know if it'd be worth replacing the JWM with Qui-Gon, Jedi Trainer? The boost that Zuckuss gets might be more useful to you overall than the extra combat ability of the JWM over Qui-Gon.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

actually my real question is this: Will this squad be able to hold it's own at a tourny?

Fun Stuff:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:22 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

its yobuck/panaka based so it has the best gimmick that the republic have in it at the moment. That with Rex as a shooter you have a solid core and the weapon master is a resonable beat. The question is what you will get out of Zuckuss and how you plan to use him.

I think of Zuckuss as 35 points of tech. Your essentially using him to tie down a piece for a round, whether thats Kyle, or Luke GM or whoever. He's not gonna do any heavy lifting for you so your left relying on yobuck, rex and the Jwm (total output of 160).

That IMO is a bit light on the power output these days. Compared to Yobuck,G.Sky and Dash who's output is 240 you are losing a fair amount.

I think the answer to your question is found in the answer to the following questions.

Do you feel you can pilot this squad, which is more finess that the other yobuck builds, to a consistent win? Are you adept at getting the most out of Zuckuss? Or are you just hoping that this squad can run itself?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:43 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

fingersandteeth wrote:
its yobuck/panaka based so it has the best gimmick that the republic have in it at the moment. That with Rex as a shooter you have a solid core and the weapon master is a resonable beat. The question is what you will get out of Zuckuss and how you plan to use him.

I think of Zuckuss as 35 points of tech. Your essentially using him to tie down a piece for a round, whether thats Kyle, or Luke GM or whoever. He's not gonna do any heavy lifting for you so your left relying on yobuck, rex and the Jwm (total output of 160).

That IMO is a bit light on the power output these days. Compared to Yobuck,G.Sky and Dash who's output is 240 you are losing a fair amount.

I think the answer to your question is found in the answer to the following questions.

Do you feel you can pilot this squad, which is more finess that the other yobuck builds, to a consistent win? Are you adept at getting the most out of Zuckuss? Or are you just hoping that this squad can run itself?

Well I think I might be able to pull off a few wins, but I'm not expecting to win(but I will try my hardest)
What should I put in instead of Zuckuss? Dash Rendar and more swapper fodder?

Fun Stuff:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I think most folks would say that might be better. Dash and 2 brutes would be what I suggest.

Another thought might be a geohardan assasin instead of the JWM. I feel they are good swap piece for the simple fact they are cloaked. Plus it also gains you 8 points or is it 5...either way it should be enought to add more to you squad.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:11 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

You can always run Plo Koon,JM ;).

12 acts isnt bad but for me i always like running 27 point Lobot at big tourneys espesially when running swap. #1 You get to costomize for the matchup you get like bringing in the kel dor vs the lancer or wicket/r4 vs GMLS. #2 he is an AMAZING draw fire piece, he will keep shots off of rex/yoda and just about everyone will shoot him over your damage dealers(which is a good thing).

Non-momentum Yobuck is really fun to run yoda becomes mainly a fodder killer/way to get around your guns. I accually prefer non-gen sky yobuck.