logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Racine,WI Regional(with Results)
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

And props to you Brad, not only for sticking to your guns with the all ESB team (including map!) but also doing so well with it!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:42 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

So I played Skybuck 2.1 or Yes, I played JJB.
--SkyBuck 2.1 or Yes,I Played JJB--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
47 General Skywalker
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
23 Captain Panaka
18 Jar Jar Binks
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
4 Gran Raider
9 Rodian Brute x3
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 12 activations)

First round I played a Imp swap with Vader AU,Kir,Storm commando and Palpy in Chair. I was able to kill Chairman first round. Second round I took our Kir and the storm commando. He did get of a lighting 4 on yodabuck. But the combo of Dash,Sky and yoda was too much for him
1-0

Second round I played a Rebel squad with ERCx3,Han Smugger,double Disruptive,Luke COTF. I was able to run yodabuck around turn 2 and hit a uggie,Juno,ERC and put 30 on another. We played on Ravaged base I got the outside and just made him come to me turn 4. Because he was down in points and another yodabuck charge would hurt him bad and there was only 25 mins left he ran at me and yodabuck was able to get a big gallop but he rolled a lot of 1's keeping leia and a ERC a live around longer than they should of. I was able to keep r2 alive a round longer than I should of because of my good placement. Because of this I was able to tow and Kill Han.
2-0

Third round Played Terry and his Vader UL,Palpy,Kir ozzel squad. We played on Jedi temple. Yodabuck charged and took 90 in aoos but got his uggies and Mas and put damage on some other stuff. He was able to grip yodabuck and get him down to 40. But Dash and Sky were able to take out the Geno and Kir. My swappers were able to keep my beats alive to kill Vader.
3-0

Fourth Round Played Lobo
He was playing Deri's squad. I won map. I was able to get to Han turn 3 but his bg and mara was just too much. I lost he had like uggie or two and Mara with 50 left. I could of swapped in Dash from 6 away and Han was 7 away from Mara but I didnt see it.
3-1

Fifth Round Justin. I build this squad for him like a week before the tournament. He didnt know what he wanted to play. So I Built Arica,Rex 501 and Vader SA.We played on Throne room. I got the left side. It was really close to what I played at Chicago at least how it plays. I played too lose I lost Dash so I could put 90 on vader thinking he had 120 not 130. That was mistake one. Then I bought out Panaka to put 20 on vader so he is at 20 know mistake 2. He was able to swap in and kill him. Then The Jonny mistakes started to turn around. I was able to setup Sky and Yodabuck so I could kill Arica and Rex. I did that. He had Vader at 20 left so I ran my 120 hp yodabuck at him and took 30. He used the Lock door mouse trick and he bought in the wheel 18 square guy to swap he has 40 hp not 30. That thing is an amazing swapper. So In my Arica swap I would take out lyn for that guy and a noble I think.
4-1

Round six I had to play Fred from Madison. So I only had to play one player that lives an hour from me. That is pretty amazing when half the field is from Bills area,Janesville or Madison.He was playing double Disruptive Han GH, kyle yCI,Cad,Leia. I knew this was going to be a problem. From the start I lost map. I got the outside. I lost Jar Jar in round 2. I was able to get to Han GH turn 3 and kill him after that it was clean up since his main damage is gone.
5-1

Playoff vs Lobo
He won map. I got the inside. But I did defer. I deferred in all my games. I ran everyone up to the turbo lifts. I made a big mistake not putting panaka in the back. So I should of lost him from a mara assault but because of my good placement and his bad rolling he stayed alive. He should of went after R2 and that might of won him the game since he could move lobot and lock the door. I would have one turn to get whoever out of the turbo lifts. So the combo of Yodabuck and sky killed once again Han this time he didnt have a BG adj. My Swappers and Panaka were able to get mara down to 50 leting me tow in dash for the kill. So i was able to kill han and Mara because of my crazy rolling. Turn 4 I galloped and crit a bg and killed anakin he didnt block for some reason. Then Panaka Crit lobot. Then Anakin Crit dod. all the crits were way too much for him that game.
6-1

Finals vs matt
He was playing Kyle BM,Mara,Wedge,TBSV,R7,Ganner,uggies,mice
I lost map but he picked my map for some reason since he didnt want me sitting in the room on ravage base making him come to me and deal with all my attackers and crazy things I could do. So I got the outside of Jedi. Turn 2 i was able to get TBSV and put 30 on his r7. I was able to use a Matt mistake and kill Mara since the door was closed and he couldnt get kyle in for the kill on sky. So about round 4 it was kyle wedge ganner vs JJB,Dash,Panaka,Yodabuck.Yodabuck went after dod. Kyle had 40 left and Dash died because jonny cant count. So panaka got him down to 20 and yodabuck was able to come back in the battle after trying to get the doors open with Jar Jar. I had Jar Jar blocking the door and Yodabuck in gambit.

7-1 JONNY for the WIN. So I finally won a regional after getting 2nd in the last three regionals.
Side note Bill and I didnt tell each other what we were playing till the day of the tournament. It has just happened that we have played the same faction and same type of squad in both regionals.

I had fun with the squad you can do so many things with the squad to throw your opponent off its just so much fun to play

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Tue May 25, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:28 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

jonnyb815 wrote:
So I should of lost him from a mara assault but because of my good placement and his bad rolling he stayed alive.

When Playing Lobo, bad rolling is expected from him lol :P

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

jonnyb815 wrote:
7-1 JONNY for the WIN. So I finally won a regional after getting 2nd in the last three regionals.

I had fun with the squad you can do so many things with the squad to throw your opponent off its just so much fun to play

well done Johnny.

Perhaps this is the monkey off your back now.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:10 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

So we had 38 players at the Racine Regional. There were 7 states that were there. Even seven players from MN came down.The winner of the regional was Jon Brook He Played Skybuck. Matt took home the badge since Jonny had one. Jonny got a 12 in Scout on speeder bike for winning. We did a draft at the end with 38 boosters for the 34 players that didnt make the top 4. Tim made the top 4 but had to leave so Matt was in fifth at the time and the only other 5-1 took his spot.
Lydia stiegman won the sportmanship Award. The runner up for the sportmanship Award was Steve S.

Rebel 8,Mando 4,Republic 9,NR 6,Imp 7,Sep 4

The top 4 were
Bill seed 1 vs Matt P seed 4 Matt won
Jon Seed 2 vs Aaron Seed 3 Jon Won

Finals Jon vs Matt Jon won

First Jonny 5-1,2-0 15 points Jedi Temple
Yodabuck,Dash RS,Gen Skywalker,Brutex3,uggie,Jar Jar,Mas,Panaka,R2,Gran

Second Matt 5-1,1-1 12 points Ravaged base
Kyle BM,Mara Jedi,Wedge,TBSV,R7,Ganner,Mice,Uggies,Noble

Third Bill 5-1 1-1 15 points Jedi Temple
Yodabuck,Dash Rs,Gen Skywalker,Lobot,Mas,Panaka,R2,Filler

Fourth Aaron B. 5-1,0-2 14 points Ravaged Base
Ganner,Anakin solo,Gha,Mouse,uggie,Lobot,Dod,Mara Jedi,Han GH,

Fifth Tim E 5-1 13 points
Rodian brute, ugg x2, gran, R7, Mas, ozzel, 501st legion clone commander, imp gov tarkin, thrawn, cpt rex 501st, DV S.A.

6th Justin Kupper 4-2 12 points chancellor starship
DV sith apprentice, captain rex 501st, thrawn, arica, lobot, mas, rodian brute x2, ugg x2, mouse

7th Jason Kiernan 4-2 12 points jedi temple
Grievous Dac, darth sidious, Ig lancer x2, Ig86 assassin, gha, mouse x8, ugg

8th James W 4-2 11 points bespin
VAR, Luke HPU, han smuggler, leia A&E, ERC x2, crix, riekaan, dodonna, mouse x2

9th Fred Buchholz 4-2 11 points bespin
Han galatic hero, kyle combat instrut, kyp durron, leia skywalker, cade skywalker, luke FS, dodonna, R7, ugg x2

10th Eric larson 4-2 10 points bespin
Nute gunray, lobot, whorm, IG86 x4, gha, BDO, R7 x3, BD x3, mouse x3, ugg x3

11th Brent quam 4-2 10 points
Ugg 3, peacebrigadethug, wicket, R7, doombot, Clobot, bomo greenbark, admiral yularen, dark woman, quigon jedi trainer, clone on speeder, Anakin on stap

12th Brad Phillips 4-2 9 points bespin
Luke ss, rebel ss, princes leia a&e, han in carbon,(han smuggler), k3po, riekaan, R2ES, lobot, ugg x4

13th Terry brown 3-3 9 points bespin
DV unleashed, kir kanos, palp on throne, thrawn, genohardin assassin, ozzel, mas, gran, uggx2

14th Henry clickner 3-3 9 points rancor pit
Han galatic hero, general wedge, genohardan assassin, IG 88, zuckuss, galatic alliance scout, lobot clo

15th Tim wadum 3-3 9 points imp base
ERC x4, Rebel srike leader, leia A&E, crix, riekan, luke rebel commando, han smuggler, dodonna, mouse

16th Christoper henzel 3-3 9 points no map
Capt rex, cad bane, ewok warrior x2, R7 x2, mas, rodian dip, flobi

17th Nate leifeld 3-3 9 points imperial base
Ugg x3, Mara JJ, dodonna, Dash RS, jagged fel, Clobot, ganner, caamasi, han GH

18th Tim Allen 3-3 9 points bespin
Boba mc, mando commando x3, deathwatch, mand jedi hunt, czerka, mando scout, ugg, mouse x2, mando capt

19th Peter smith 4-2 8 points bespin
Ugg x2 rodian brute x2, imp dignitary, 501st legion commander, DV sith apprentice, R7, ozzel, mas, thrawn, cpt rex 501st,
imp gov tarkin

20th Ryan stringer 3-3 8 points shattered base
Luke sky cotf, han smuggler, leia A&E, crix, ERC x3, riekan, dodonna, juno, ugg x3

21st David M 3-3 8 points throne room
Cad bane, thrawn, juhani, moff nyna, mas, ozzel, clobot, amanin scout, imp engineer, gran x3, rodian brute

22nd Mark fenrick 3-3 7 points muun plaza
Darth tyranus Lotds, 4lom BH, IG86 x2, zuckuss BH, mouse x2, R7, whorm, ugg x2, BDO

23th Nathan drysdale 3-3 7 points chancellor ship
Mas, stormcommando, plap on throne, thrawn, kir kanos, VAU, ugg x3, caamasi x2, R7

24th Pat camus 3-3 7 points broken office
Capt argyus, adm yularen, queen amidala, capt Antilles, doombot, senate commando x3, sev, scorch, R7, mouse x2, rodian diplomat

25rd Ben maller 3-3 7 points throne room
Gen sky, admiral yularen, weequay leader, mas, commander gree, ewok scout x11, wicket, Clobot

26th Sean Lloyd 3-3 6 points
Flobi, cad bane, dash Rs. Panaka, doombot, mas, rodian diplomat, ugg x2

27th Derek maass 2-4 6 points imp base
Han GH, mara jj, ganner, dash rs, Clobot, jagged fel, dodonna, R7, ugg x2

28th Steve Schultz 2-4 6 points ravaged base
Mouse, ugg x3, kamimon medic, R7, kyp , dodonna, Kkjedi battlemaster, ganner, han galatic hero

29thJunior Gomez 2-4 6 points no map
Gowk, uggernaugh, TBSV, arc troop sniper x2, Clobot, star corps trooper, czerka scientist, ugg

30 B.j. 2-4 6 points rancor pit
Doombot, cp argus, flobi, lobot clo, senate commandos x4

31st Logan stiegman 2-4 6 points bespin
Master kota, luke Lotls, vornskr, han SA, ayy vida, ithorian commander, Chandra fan pickpocket x2, ithorian scout, gran

32nd Owen fenrick 2-4 5 points ravaged base
Boba MC, mando{super, capt, scout x3}, czerka, kaminoan medic, R7, ugg, mouse

33th Tristan Schultz 2-4 5 points munnlist plaza
San, durge JH, whorm, eg05 JHD, darth tyranus lotds, mouse, ugg x2, T1, jawa scavenger,

34th Russel pottinger 1-5 3 points none
General crix, chewy enraged wookie, general solo, c3po, lando calrision rebel leader, luke skywalker rebel, rebel honor guard

35nd Gordon buchholz 1-5 3 points bespin
Mandolore ultimate, mando jedi hunter x3, BBSV, mando warrior, jawa scavenger, ugg x2, mouse x2

36th Brad allen 1-5 3 points bespin
Mando the ultimate, supercommando, commander gunslinger, captain, quartermaster, duros scout

37th Tony genas 1-5 3 points
Cad bane, 4 lom, zuckuss, general solo, anikan fs, lobot

38th Lydia stiegman 0-6 0 points ravaged base
2-1b, chewy enraged wookie, varactyl wrangler, bothan noble x2, princess leia, wookie warrior x2, han scoundrel, mouse

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Wed May 26, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Racine,WI Regional(with Results,Squads)
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:14 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Interesting info. 4 Mando squads, yet no Vong or Sith that I could see. Just interesting.

Post subject: Re: Racine,WI Regional(with Results,Squads)
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:19 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Rebel 8 Mando 4 Republic 9 NR 6 Imp 7 sep 4
Sorry some how all the images we took got erased.

Post subject: Re: Racine,WI Regional(with Full Results,Squads,Places)
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:13 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Add places

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:20 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

StriderRe80 wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
So I should of lost him from a mara assault but because of my good placement and his bad rolling he stayed alive.

When Playing Lobo, bad rolling is expected from him lol :P

LOL Shut up. :P

Seriously though. I moved Mara up 6 squares to hit Panaka, needing 4's, and rolled two 1's out of the 4 attacks. I also had a time earlier in the day where Mara Assaulted and rolled 1, 2, 6, 3, with the 6 being the only hit, lol. Just how things go with me. :P

So then after that, of course, Johnny wins init, and he decides to run JJ up to base Mara, and actually hits her for 20 (Momentum). Here's where I made my mistake. I should have taken the AoOs from Panaka/JJB, and killed R2. Then Johnny, who'd put Yoda, Dash, Panaka, and Anakin all in a turbolift, would have been able to only rescue two of them, as I could have then levitated Lobot up front and had him lock the others in the turbolift. Still probably would've been a close game even with that, but at least it would've given me a good edge. But I made the dumb mistake of thinking I could off Panaka and get away. So, Johnny declares JJ's Draw Fire, and I fail the save AND the FP re-roll. Then he proceeds to make me attack myself, and what do I roll? A 16 and a 17. And that's just how my luck went from there. I don't think Johnny rolled a single thing below an 11 at that point, including the 3 essential crits he mentioned. The one crit was on my bodyguard, which a normal hit would've left the BG with 10 HP in order to absorb a hit on Anakin. But the crit meant BOTH the BG and Anakin died, along with any hope of me pulling off a win at that point. So I made a pretty dumb mistake, and then the dice just owned me from that point on. Was a good reminder though why we just take AoOs from Jar-Jar and move on.

My other games that day went pretty well. First round against Brad's ESB squad which he described already. I made a semi-dumb move in Round 1 and decided to not go after his Rebel SS when I had the chance, and it cost me some damage on Mara, leaving her with only 20 HP left by the end of Round 1, I think. However, I was able to take down Luke's SS right away, so it was a fairly good trade. He missed a lot of attacks on Mara after that though, and I was able to move her to safety. I eventually managed to take out Rieekan with Han's Double/Cunning, and after that it was a lot of mop-up. Brad managed to get his Speeder back to free Han, but he was now trapped in one of the back rooms, so I just retreated all my pieces and pounced on both of them.

2nd round was against Eric Larson and the Nute Gunray squad of doom, lol. I knew this one would just simply be a war of attrition, so I played it super-extra careful, and just took things slow, knowing from the very start that I'd probably end up with a 2-point win. We played on Ravaged Base, with me on the outside, and I used Ganner to Levitate Han into Gambit on the first round, forcing Eric to come to me. I basically slowly used Levitation and Han's GMA to pick off whatever I could, levitating Han/Mara out for attacks, and then running back into hiding. I was able to kill off 3 or 4 of his IG's plus several Battle Droids/Mouse Droids before time was called. Had we played the game out to completion, I would have easily been able to beat the whole squad, but it was just ridiculously tough to do in 1 hour. And we were playing SUPER fast. I mean, like, fast enough that Eric and I were trading turns of moving/tapping fodder pieces with only about 2 seconds per turn. So we probably played 7-8 rounds easily, even with 45 activations on the board.

3rd round was against Matt Petersen. I decided to go with my method from Owensboro which worked well against the Kyle-based NR builds, and I brought the MTB for Reinforcements. Matt played smart, and very cautious, using a Caamasi to get gambit, while the rest of his pieces stayed as far back as possible. With some careful movement, I still managed to pounce on him in Round 3 I think, and things got ugly quick. At one point, I had brought up Anakin in order to Force Push Kyle I think, but I didn't get him safely out of range, and in a stupid move, put him adjacent to Mara who only had like 40 HP left. Matt made a brilliant move and chucked his Grenades 40 at Anakin. Luckily, I made Mara's save which kept her alive, but I failed Anakin's, and then I think Wedge promptly took his last HP, leaving me no exit strategy for the MTB. Matt made the smart moves at this point, and started having Kyle go after all my fodder. Thanks to the MTB, I continued to win init, and Ganner and Han finished off Wedge, while Mara tried to chase down Kyle. I won the final init, being force to kill off Ganner with the MTB, and Mara went after Kyle, who only had 20 HP left, hitting the 2nd attack (no FPs for Assault left) to kill him, and allow me to go over 200 points. At that point, I only had MTB, Han, Mara, and Lobot left on the board, LOL. Close call!

4th round was against Johnny's Skybuck squad. He set up in such a way that I was able to get a couple shots on Jar Jar in round one without risking Bombad on my own squad. 2nd round, he came charging in with Yobuck and did some damage, but got stuck under Han's Disruptive, and I made enough hits to make quick work of Yoda on the following round. Johnny did make one mistake though, and that was that he could've swapped Dash into a position where he had clear LOS on Mara for Opportunist shots, but he didn't see it, and I was able to block him on the next phase before he could do it. I killed Yoda the next round, and my Bodyguard helped keep Han alive long enough to get Gen Skywalker trapped near all my pieces as well. Dash died shortly thereafter and Skywalker was the last one I had to chase down. I really didn't feel like I should have won that game though, so frankly, it frightened me a bit.

5th game was against Tim E, who was playing Vader, Sith Apprentice, Mith'rawn, Captain Rex 501st, a 501st Clone Cmdr, Tarkin, Ozzel, and swap fodder. Ozzel really killed him in this match. He luckily got Reserves on the 2nd round and pulled in 4 Raxus Prime Troopers, which gave him a slight activation edge. So then I decided to use Han and fix the activation imbalance, and wiped out some scrubs. He moved his Clone Commander to get ready for a swap, but he forgot about Han's Disruptive and had moved him right into the bubble. I promptly locked the door behind the CC, and then won the next init, frying the clone and moving to safety, which gave me a solid points lead, and I was now back ahead in activations as well. Late in Round 3 I levitated Mara into position, and then he was going to either lose activations or lose Rex, neither of which were good. I offed Rex, and after that he conceded, knowing that he wouldn't be able to chase me down with Vader.

Last round was against Bill's Skybuck squad, which after my lucky win against Johnny, I knew I was in trouble. As late as the night went, I'm really having a tough time remembering what happened in our first game vs. the 2nd one, lol, since they both played out very similarly. Basically, like Bill said, he brought in R2 in the 2nd round and hit the majority of my squad. This game was much closer overall than our consolation game in the finals, but Bill obviously learned from that first game, and I didn't. In the consolation game (i think), I moved Mara WAY too soon at one point, which meant that Yoda could gallop in without risking the Assault from Mara that round, and that really hosed me. I also made a mistake in the consolation game of letting the Bodyguard die too early, which left Han unprotected against Gen Skywalker's 10-square Momentum, and so Bill easily finished off Han, leaving me with very little I could do at that point. I think I managed to kill
Yoda in both games, but Skywalker and Dash are a VERY formidable team as well even after all that, and as long as either my Han or Mara are already dead, it's fairly easy for them to finish the job at that point.

Overall though, I had a really great day, and learned some valuable lessons, particularly in playing AGAINST Yoda on Kybuck squads, lol. Unfortunately, I'm typically the only one at my LGS that runs Yoda, so I don't get to practice against it all that often. But I feel prepared now. :P And I pulled a Whorm Loathsome out of my prize boosters for 4th place, so that will be nice for trading. It was a great day, and I got to meet a lot of new people, plus put some more faces to names online and such, so that was really great.

And last, but certainly not least....thanks to Lou for judging, and Johnny for organizing everything. Great job guys! Although, Lou, I have a bone to pick with you, since it's your fault that Bill was even playing. Otherwise, I might've had a better chance at winning. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:06 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

jonnyb815 wrote:
Side note Bill and I didnt tell each other what we were playing till the day of the tournament. It has just happened that we have played the same faction and same type of squad in both regionals.

Um, that isn't entirely true. You were supposedly going to play a Captain Antilles squad, but then after I told you in the car what I was playing when you promised to not change your squad, you "forgot" the Captain and changed your squad to this. And further, you damn well knew what I was playing in Chicago well ahead of time...

Why didn't you tell the story about how you threw a fit and refused to come to an event that you organized, then I had to call you and tell you how stupid and immature that was before you came. Let's also not forget that you didn't even want the prize you got, until you found out it was worth $80 on ebay or some such. The worst part being I wanted that prize to go to a kid, not to you... I could say more, but I will leave it at that.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: Racine,WI Regional(with Full Results,Squads,Places)
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:39 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I told Lobo i was planning on playing Skybuck 2.1 the night before. Then on the ride up to your house I thought there would be a lot of fringe for some odd reason which I would of been wrong about. I had a lancer build ready to go thats what I had been play testing all week. But I thought it was too weak so the night before I thought about playing IMP again or yodabuck. I didnt have time the night before to build the yodabuck squad.Joel and I talked the night before the plan was to play yodabuck which I did. At Chicago I didnt know you were playing Imp I had a good idea it was republic or Imp.Thats not why I played it either.Dean told me to play want I know and thats what I felt was the best squad I knew at the time. It was that or anakin stap swap. I didnt want to give away the prize because it was so large. I wanted to give a lot of little prizes away. So I am still going to stand by that I didnt know what you were playing till the day of the event. I just didnt want people to think what you played had any effect on what I played. At Chicago Dean helped me figure out what I should play by telling me to play what I knew the night before. For Racine Joel and I were talking that yodabuck had not been seen and it would be a good idea to play him so I did.

I had four squad ideas in mind
NR with kyle Mara Dash Ganner ,some type of yodabuck swap or the Imp chicago squad changed up a little and a Ig 86 lancer whorm pawn. So really CA over DW or JJB was a last min idea which would of turned out bad. I thought we would see a lot of fringe Rebel and NR. I was half right but overall was wrong.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:03 pm 
General
General

jonnyb815 wrote:

Yea! Good job, Jon. Good to see you get over that hurdle. Now we expect you to win Nationals.

LoboStele wrote:
And last, but certainly not least....thanks to Lou for judging, and Johnny for organizing everything. Great job guys!

+1
Thanks, Jon, for organizing it. It was fun. And remember, next year it's the Janesville Regional since our 8 outnumbered the other cities.
Thanks, Lou, for judging and confirming answers to game questions.

It was also great to meet some of the people in person who we've chatted, PMd, or SHNNd with previously.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:23 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Chargers wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
And last, but certainly not least....thanks to Lou for judging, and Johnny for organizing everything. Great job guys!
yes, Great job judging

SECONDED
It was great event i finally got to meet a lot of the people i have been talking to and trading with online.

thanks to jonny for helping me decided on a squad to play. i ended up taking 6th place which i didn't think i would be possible.
quickish summary
I lost round one to Terry B because like an idiot i picked his map after i won map choice. BIG mistake bespin was terrible for my squad.
Round 2
played nathan d on chancellors starship
end of round one swaped up arica and blaster barraged his scrubs. round 2 used arica to kill an ugg then tried to run. he brought out his thrawn to shoot arica then lightning me with his VAU i had a piece close enough to swap rex up and killed his thrawn giving me init control and ultimately the game 1-1
Round 3
Played Russel P on my map chancellor starship
at the end of round one i swaped arica up and got a massive Blaster barrage off on all but one piece of his squad, second round i started with a second BB to pretty much seal the game for me 2-1
Round 4
played henry C on the rancor pit i took the left side i severely out activated him and was able to out manuever him and engage him in the upper room area 3-1
Round 5
played jonny-jonny helped with my squad i already knew he would win this game when i heard the pairing. 3-2
Round 6
played Tim Wadum
i had the most fun playing this game that i did all day. dodonna, 4 overrides, SS, mass evade had me worried. first 2 rounds we both spent moving are pieces up preparing to engage. end of either round 2 or 3 i blow the two center doors making his override useless and move arica up getting yet another massive BB to all but 3 of his pieces, he manages to evade quite a bit of it but enough hit to kill some scrubs and wound most pieces, he spends the rest of the round trying to kill arica but is unable to so. next round starts with a second BB and most of his squad is defeated he then bases her with luke and kills her, i base luke with vader and get into a djem so fight and go down in a swinging blaze but get him down to 10hp then rex finishes him. eventually a few rounds later it ends up being my thrawn,mas, brute, ugg, mouse Vs his riekaan, dodonna, 1 erc. i use my ugg and mouse to try and control the erc while mas and the brute take out the generals. a round or two later and with his generals dead it is thrawn and a mouse vs his ERC. i move thrawn in to gambit and trade shots with him till he finally dies leaving my wounded thrawn alone in gambit.

Last edited by curler88j on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:17 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

curler88j wrote:
Round 6
played Tim Wadum
i had the most fun playing this game that i did all day. dodonna, 4 overrides, SS, mass evade had worried. first 2 rounds we both spent moving are pieces up preparing to engage. end of either round 2 or 3 i blow the two center doors making his override useless and move arica up getting yet another massive BB to all but 3 of his pieces, he manages to evade quite a bit of it but enough hit to kill some scrubs and wound most pieces, he spends the rest of the round trying to kill arica but is unable to so. next round starts with a second BB and most of his squad goes by-by he then bases her with luke and kills her, i base luke with vader and get into a djem so fight and go down in a swinging blaze but get him down to 10hp rex finishes him. eventually a few rounds later it ends up being my thrawn,mas, brute, ugg,mouse Vs his riekaan,dodonn, 1 erc. i use my ugg and mouse to try and control the erc while mas and the brute take out the generals. a round or to later and with his generals dead it is thrawn and a mouse vs his ERC. i move thrawn in to gambit and trade shots with him till he finally dies leaving my wounded thrawn alone in gambit

Wow, that is a close game! Sounds like fun! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:15 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Sithfan wrote:
curler88j wrote:
Round 6
played Tim Wadum
i had the most fun playing this game that i did all day. dodonna, 4 overrides, SS, mass evade had worried. first 2 rounds we both spent moving are pieces up preparing to engage. end of either round 2 or 3 i blow the two center doors making his override useless and move arica up getting yet another massive BB to all but 3 of his pieces, he manages to evade quite a bit of it but enough hit to kill some scrubs and wound most pieces, he spends the rest of the round trying to kill arica but is unable to so. next round starts with a second BB and most of his squad goes by-by he then bases her with luke and kills her, i base luke with vader and get into a djem so fight and go down in a swinging blaze but get him down to 10hp rex finishes him. eventually a few rounds later it ends up being my thrawn,mas, brute, ugg,mouse Vs his riekaan,dodonn, 1 erc. i use my ugg and mouse to try and control the erc while mas and the brute take out the generals. a round or to later and with his generals dead it is thrawn and a mouse vs his ERC. i move thrawn in to gambit and trade shots with him till he finally dies leaving my wounded thrawn alone in gambit

Wow, that is a close game! Sounds like fun! :lol:
it was incredibly fun commanders having to fight for the win is intense

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:16 am 
General
General

curler88j wrote:
not to be rude or anything but you hardly outnumbered the host city, because we had at least 10 people there.

No offense intended on my part and none taken from your response. 8-)

Most of my comment was directed at Jon as follow-up to the friendly razzing :P we'd been giving him over the week before the tournament.

Part of it was due to the posts prior (noting where people would be coming from) and observations while at the regional (talking with people and finding out where they were from).

Overall, it was a fun time, we enjoyed meeting new to us people, seeing some familiar faces, being schooled in the games we played, and we look forward to another successful event.