logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I watched Wolverine the Origins yesterday and being the star wars fan I am, I started to wonder how well wolverine would compete in the star wars universe, so I made a mini of him representing the type of mini he would be. He seems like he would be easy to hit, but hard to kill. He also seems like he would have a decent offense.

Here's what I came up with. What do you think?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by lonescout on Thu May 27, 2010 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:37 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hehe, fun. As soon as I saw the thread title I immediately thought "ooh, a Wolvie custom fig? I wonder what SWM piece you might use to create him?"

I like the stats overall. I don't really understand 'It's a Trap!' though. Supposed to simulate his good sense of smell?

BTW, it's spelled 'adamantium' I believe (without looking it up).

I'm not sure he needs the Resilience along with the Regen 20. It wasn't that he was indestructible necessarily, because his flesh has been torn up a zillion times in the comics. It's just that he re-grows it quickly. Maybe instead of reducing damage by 10, it would just make him immune to crits?

I'd also love to see some sort of rage effect on him. Like Impulsive Savage or something.

Very fun. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:45 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

He should also have twin, nearly every mini represented with weapons in both hands does (this was the original intent I believe). I could also see him as a strong candidate for a melee piece with GMA

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:53 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

LoboStele wrote:
Hehe, fun. As soon as I saw the thread title I immediately thought "ooh, a Wolvie custom fig? I wonder what SWM piece you might use to create him?"

I like the stats overall. I don't really understand 'It's a Trap!' though. Supposed to simulate his good sense of smell?

BTW, it's spelled 'adamantium' I believe (without looking it up).

I'm not sure he needs the Resilience along with the Regen 20. It wasn't that he was indestructible necessarily, because his flesh has been torn up a zillion times in the comics. It's just that he re-grows it quickly. Maybe instead of reducing damage by 10, it would just make him immune to crits?

I'd also love to see some sort of rage effect on him. Like Impulsive Savage or something.

Very fun. :)

Thanks! I did have fun making him, and of course, he will never really become a mini. My reasoning with his Resilience was that when the Adamantium was added, he also became nearly impossible to "break," but yeah, he really becomes a damage sink if you have both Rengeneration and Resilience.

I'll make some adjustments.

@ TCW: I did originally have Twin on him, but I was affraid of him being too powerful with it. I do like the thought of giving him twin.

I don't have time to make adjustments today, because I have to take off to work, right now, but I'll fix him up later. Thanks for the comments!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:28 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, this is one guy I don't ever have to see again. He was cool when I was a kid but now he's just getting in the way of all the other characters who are deserving of a good story arc and just can't get one. Or they shaft the entire X-Men team to make 4 movies about Wolverine with other people in the background just so they can say "Look it's the X-Men..."

Maybe there will be a video of the DS blowing up Logan the way it did for the Enterprise.

http://www.area93.com/cc-common/news/se ... le=5441074

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:45 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Updated the card above.

I replaced "Double Attack" with "Twin Attack"

I took out "It's A Trap"

I took out "Adamantium Resilience"

I added "Stubborn Rage"

Changed the cost from 43 to 49

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:45 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Perhaps add the special ability "Mutant," just like how Chewbacca has "Wookiee" in case you ever want to make a Professor Xavier or someone with a CE that affects allied Mutants.
I might even add Impulsive Savagery or Impulsive Momentum

dalsiandon wrote:
Or they shaft the entire X-Men team to make 4 movies about Wolverine with other people in the background just so they can say "Look it's the X-Men..."

I know...poor Cyclops

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:58 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Dendrite wrote:

dalsiandon wrote:
Or they shaft the entire X-Men team to make 4 movies about Wolverine with other people in the background just so they can say "Look it's the X-Men..."

I know...poor Cyclops

Is that an understatement or what... Him and everyone else were limited to walking special effects, his only definable character attribute was jealous boyfriend and then depressed dead boyfriend. Kind of like a another big budget actioneer with robots

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:55 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

lonescout wrote:
Updated the card above.

I took out "It's A Trap"

I added "Stubborn Rage"

Nice work on the card, do you use gimp or another program?

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:56 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Cerous Mutor wrote:
lonescout wrote:
Updated the card above.

I took out "It's A Trap"

I added "Stubborn Rage"

Nice work on the card, do you use gimp or another program?

Thanks. I use Microsoft Word and then use Paint for touch ups. I then use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to increase the contrast (makes a sharper image) then slightly enhance the color.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:00 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Wolverine! He's one of my favorites, ever (nevermind the comments of some of his critics :P ).

I love Stubborn Rage, and Loner fits him perfectly as well. Maybe give him something like Djem So style fighting, since he was a blur of claws and attacks when he got in close...he took plenty of hits, and he gave even more back.

However, a piece with charging fire really won't ever be using Regenration 20, since he'll never be standing still. Therefore, how about this:
Mutant Healing Factor: This character recovers 20 hp each time it activates. [With his low Def, he'll certainly need it...with all the damage output going around these days, 140hp on 14 Def won't go far at all.]

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:12 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I like the mutant healing factor ability. I replaced regeneration with it to allow Wolverine movement while still benefitting from his regeneration. Of course, that does fit Wolverine's "on-the-go" character more anyway. Wolverine's healing ability did not rely on whether he was staying still, so why should this ability.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:10 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

lonescout wrote:
I watched Wolverine the Origins yesterday and being the star wars fan I am, I started to wonder how well wolverine would compete in the star wars universe, so I made a mini of him representing the type of mini he would be. He seems like he would be easy to hit, but hard to kill. He also seems like he would have a decent offense.

Here's what I came up with. What do you think?

Nice work. I love the stats. However, I would replace Stubborn Rage with a SA Berserker Rage (When this character's hit points are cut in half with a critical hit, this character gains Savage and +10 Damage, save 16. This lasts as long as the hit points remain under half).
I would also add Affinity (with Alpha Flight). Also beef up his defense to 16 - 17 to reflect his adamantium skeleton. For adjacent (Melee) enemies, it's like hitting a steel wall.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

SteveSpikes wrote:
Also beef up his defense to 16 - 17 to reflect his adamantium skeleton. For adjacent (Melee) enemies, it's like hitting a steel wall.

I can see where you're coming from, and it makes sense. If so, then maybe drop his HP a bit, to maybe 130/120.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:30 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I would go no lower than 130 HP. Any lower than that, and he would not "be the best at what he does."

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:37 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

well what if instead he had a 'lightsaber duelist' type SA that gave him + or +4 to his Def vs adjacent melee figures, just adjacent figs?

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY