54 Kyle Katarn, Jedi Battlemaster
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
20 Cade Skywalker, Padawan
9 General Dodonna
18 Ugnaught Demolitionist x6

(200pts. 12 activations)

I'm trying to fit in all the "neat" NR jedi. Kyle and Mara get tossed by Ganner. Leia and Cade keep them alive. Dodonna slows the activations done during the turn (except against Nute/Whorm).

I'm just not sure it deals enough damage.

Post subject: Re: Ganner, Kyle, Mara, Leia and Cade
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:15 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

All leia is really giving you is rerollson cade's Essence of Life and Mara's block. While those things are important i think you would be better off to o with Kyp or dash over Leia/Cade. I like both leia and cade but they cost 45 points and your already spending 29 on ganner and kyle who are mainly techish pieces so thats 128 points of the squad on tech or techish pieces not including door control or dodonna.

Mara is your only threat, I think Kyp could work out pretty well over leia. Or even Shado would would be a nice add, he would give you some good range beef.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:50 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Weeks wrote:
All leia is really giving you is rerollson cade's Essence of Life and Mara's block. While those things are important i think you would be better off to o with Kyp or dash over Leia/Cade. I like both leia and cade but they cost 45 points and your already spending 29 on ganner and kyle who are mainly techish pieces so thats 128 points of the squad on tech or techish pieces not including door control or dodonna.

Mara is your only threat, I think Kyp could work out pretty well over leia. Or even Shado would would be a nice add, he would give you some good range beef.

To say Mara is the only threat is short of the truth. Kyle's disruptive ability does not auto-make him tech. If he had to replace turn/attacks for it to work, then that's another story. I think it is much more accurate to say he is a beatstick with a side bonus of disruptive.

Although Leia is tech, she can be a pretty good fighter herself. Out of all honesty, you are getting far more from Leia than a free reroll, but for this squad I think a trade for something a little more potent would be better. I would go with dash over Kyp in this build, but that is just me.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:07 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

lonescout wrote:
Weeks wrote:

To say Mara is the only threat is short of the truth. Kyle's disruptive ability does not auto-make him tech. If he had to replace turn/attacks for it to work, then that's another story. I think it is much more accurate to say he is a beatstick with a side bonus of disruptive.

Although Leia is tech, she can be a pretty good fighter herself. Out of all honesty, you are getting far more from Leia than a free reroll, but for this squad I think a trade for something a little more potent would be better. I would go with dash over Kyp in this build, but that is just me.

While Kyle does have things like triple attack and assualt the reason he is played is for disruptive. In game kyle handles much differantly then he would normally appear be iit to throw granades at doombot and whoever is next to him, to lightning the last 20 life from something, Grip someone running away, or just shut down swappers or CE's with his with his no fun zone. Kyle may not be pure tech but he is still heavily techish.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:40 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

kyle is a tech/beat.

You can't say a triple attacker with assault and grenades 40 is not a threat. Yes he does have a lot of tech built in to him but he's dangerous from 14 squares away.

Whenever you run Kyle/mara, they both do the heavy lifting.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:27 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Cade and Leia don't seem like very good options, if you want a healing element in this squad then just toss in that Rodian Trader guy and give medkits to your Ugs and Mice. And if you want to give your team some defensive help, you could always downgrade Kyle to the Combat Instructor so everyone gets Duelist - kinda handy vs. Gen Skywalker / Kybuck builds I would guess, they will actually miss on occasion. But he really loses a lot of threat potential in the downgrade.

This is the kind of thing I would build:

1 Kyle Katarn, Combat Instructor
1 Mara Jade, Jedi
1 Ganner Rhysode
1 Kyp Durron
1 Anakin Solo
1 Rodian Trader
3 Mouse Droid
4 Ugnaught Demolitionist

200 points. Not sure about Kyp in this build but I like the idea of having two big force bombs to throw around and clean up with once Kyle or Mara die... one might not be enough. I'm just not quite sold on which Kyle to use.