logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A rebel squad without riekeen or dodonna
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:04 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I put this together today cause I havnt made a 150 pnt squad in a while. Thinking about the current new republic meta at 200 and how you don't need wedge it got me thinking if you could do the same thing with rebel at 150. I havnt tried it yet but I think it looks good.
Luke rc. 27
crix. 16
erc x2. 32
r2 sensor. 9
Han smug. 27
leia. 20
aqualish ass. 7
ugh x2. 6
mice x2. 6
12 activations. 150 pnts even
with this squad you have triple overide, levitate, disruptive, cunning 20 and opportunist 20. You also have stealth to help against the top shooters like cad bane, dash, and rex. I suppose I could take out 2 ughs and a mouse for dodonna but didn't really think it was necessary. What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: A rebel squad without riekeen or dodonna
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:39 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Since you're more heavily focused on Cunning then you really don't need Dodonna, especially with 12 activations. If you want to you can increase the activation even more by swapping the AA for a Brute/Mouse/Ug and Gran Raider/Mon Cal Tech. Overall I think it looks pretty good

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:56 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

150 is a tough build and the squads you need to worry about are things like Yobuck+ gen skywalker, Bane Swaps, ganner mara.

If you don't out activate teh republic squads then you could end up hurting as the main defence against yobuck is waiting till he's gone and hammering him with Han/Leia. Without Dod, your not gonna be able to get the levi/han/pl dmg combo that makes the squad so tough.

this squad is good, but its not totally tricked out and at 150 you need all the tricks you can get.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:46 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With yobuck at 150 I wasn't sure on activation count with that squad but I thought 12 was enough, if not then yea I'm screwed, as far as a bane swap goes, I wasn't really concerned with because of stealth and if he did get within 6 then there's disruptive, and the fact that with triple overide I should be able to keep bane out of hair by locking doors and isolating him against my squad or other members of his squad. You are the better player but that's what I was thinking against those particular squads. I havnt got a chance to play it yet so maybe it wouldn't work the way I was thinking but I also feel that I have enough play to squeeze in more activations or dodonna if need be after playtesting. Maybe I'm wrong all the way and if I am then tell me cause you would know better espicially when it comes to Luke rc squads.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:29 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

well its just personal preference at the end of the day. When i was making the Lobbin' Luke squad last year i went through many itterations of the squad. The one i ended up with just seemed to have everything it needed at 150 but i believe that dodonna is really what sets it apart. At wizards world last year i ran it without dodonna and it was good but suffered against other Rebels squads that had him in (or just out activated me).

Now that the NR has great range and will also be packing dodonna i don't think you can afford to leave him out.
As for the Bane swap, a good player will not give you the chance to shoot anything until your activated out, then its run/swap/greater mobile 80-120 dmg win init Swap leaving you with an brute to kill, its classic B&B strategy. Yobuck does a number on the Bane swap but NR and rebel do a number on yobuck so you have a rock/paper/scissors happening. The one constant though is dealing with activations. Yobuck does it by killing them whereas NR, Imperial and rebel do it by matching them.

We'll have to try some of these next time.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:07 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the one thing for sure is I will have to try it. I kept forgetting about ozzel in imp squads cause I hardly see him espicially in 200 and I just thought that I would have more activations than it with 12 just like yobuck, but like I said in the email I found it difficult building 150 cause I havnt done it in so long and I guess I'm just not thinking about everything. I also have a nr squad that I think could be good but the problem I see with it is the only range atk I have in there is force push so I'm a little sceptical of that squad. Let me know if your good for Sunday.