logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:54 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

SirStevee wrote:
Intresting previews.

Luke is subpar. If he were ranged or had some other damaging abiltity, he would be alright. But by himself, he kinda sucks. We'll see what else the set has to offer before I make any finial judgements.

He's not subpar, the fig oozes force. Force Defence is HUGE in this game with all the unleashed figs being released and this fig gets enough force to cancel each round.
Reflect is awsome also, as is stun, alter etc etc. His damage is low but can be boosted by a few CE's. The fig has a lot of control and a lot of HP.

Quote:
The spider is intresting, and is basically a more playable ackalay, although it looses HP and damage reduction. But cheaper, quad attack, and speed 8 make up for it.

On huge figs the speed 8 means little, an extra square perhaps. This fig is a dud IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:38 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Luke with Yoda is intresting, but I just don't like him much for his cost of 70 points. They can't do any good damage you would expect from a 70 pt. fig, and he occupies two of some of the best uniques in the rebel faction.

To improve his damage, you can have Han, Rh to grant +10 damage per attack. But this depends on initative, as does his force stun, and force push, at least to get attackers away from you, and this kills the entire turn, so I'm not too hot on the abiltiy. And with more recon and master tactican around than ever before, I don't like him that much. Princess Leia can give him even better damage options, but she's the best thing for luke/yoda so far.

I personally don't like them that much. Mabe I'll like the mini more later, but right now, they're nothing too exciting to me. Terrible damage is my biggest problem with him, but other than that, he's good.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:05 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I will personally enjoy experimenting with Luke & Yoda. Alter can be awesome. Reflect will be nice, and it won't be as draining as CS Yoda's Reflect. The other Rebel stuff may really determine his playability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

SirStevee wrote:
I personally don't like them that much. Mabe I'll like the mini more later, but right now, they're nothing too exciting to me. Terrible damage is my biggest problem with him, but other than that, he's good.

Its a fair point. You are paying a lot for a little damage.

Don't forget though that stun is not a replace attacks ability so you can Hit and then stun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:22 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I think all of these minis look great.

As far as luke and yoda goes, I think I'd rather take CotF Yoda and Luke's Landspeeder, but then again I haven't seen Obi-Wan Unleashed yet. That is by far the first mini I want from this set, but wow, Kota has some nice stats for a rebel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:28 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

LoboStele wrote:
I just finally placed the pre-order for my cases. Well, my online pre-order for 2 case. I'm getting a 3rd one at my LGS, but I didn't get paid till this weekend, so I couldn't order the online ones till now. :D

Same for me. I have one case pre-ordered at a local store and then 2 cheaper online ones that will hopefully get here fast. With BH I had my 2 cases from them on Monday and I'm hoping they'll be close to that fast again. That plus 2 boosters from a sealed game will give me 20 to open (more if I do good in the sealed game) which hopefully will get me a good percentage of the set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:05 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I know I will be happy with my 4 cases. 2 are pre-ordered, probably pick up a third on release, then pick up the fourth after the next check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Can't wait to see Kota's CE. Looks like some sort of Attack (and possibly Damage) bonus.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:11 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Boris wrote:
Can't wait to see Kota's CE. Looks like some sort of Attack (and possibly Damage) bonus.

Me too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:23 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Fool wrote:
Yes yes that would be awesome if Kota helps CS Jedi.

Jedi with Melee attack only gain +4 attack and +10 damage

Or something of the sorts.

Allied Unique Force-users within 6 squares get +4 Attack and +10 Damage.

Just a guess.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:06 am 
General
General

Boris wrote:
Allied Unique Force-users within 6 squares get +4 Attack and +10 Damage.

Just a guess.

I will enjoy breaking this with Han Scoundrel and Luke HoY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:13 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Fool wrote:
A good guess if you ask me - perhaps an "eductated" guess?????

I dont think its a very good guess. That's the problem with most CE ideas that would supposedly help the CS jedi - they help other figures too much as well. General Windu is a great example of that.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:44 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

If you look at the card you can make out "Attack"

He's going to grant something like Double, Twin, Flurry, Deadly or Vicious Attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:04 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Not necessarily. It could "...gains +4 Attack..." Sometimes the word Attack is capitalized even when it isn't a name. Actually, come to think of it, it has to be a +# to Attack, because if it was Double, Twin, etc. then the word Attack would be bold, which it isn't.

Bill, I think the easiest way to get around it would be to have the CE say "Unique followers with a Force Rating..." or perhpas "Unique followers with a Force Rating and a lightsaber..." (to keep Han from benefitting).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:23 am 
General
General

LoboStele wrote:
Bill, I think the easiest way to get around it would be to have the CE say "Unique followers with a Force Rating..." or perhpas "Unique followers with a Force Rating and a lightsaber..." (to keep Han from benefitting).

The wording gets very cumbersome and still the 'recosted' melee figures will be a better fit then the old guys. Better is just flat out naming the set it is released from 'followers from the set Clone Strike gain X'. Magic the Gathering did that with Apocalypse Chime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:20 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

emr131 wrote:
LoboStele wrote:

The wording gets very cumbersome and still the 'recosted' melee figures will be a better fit then the old guys. Better is just flat out naming the set it is released from 'followers from the set Clone Strike gain X'. Magic the Gathering did that with Apocalypse Chime.

Yes, 10 years ago they made a card that referenced a set name, and realized later they made one of the biggest mistakes in Magic with that card, because new players didn't know which cards were Homelands cards and which weren't, and also the card really had less and less play value as time went on because Homelands wasn't a very playable set to begin with.

I think they would have a similar problem with SWM if they tried to word an ability or CE that way.

billiv15 wrote:
I dont think its a very good guess. That's the problem with most CE ideas that would supposedly help the CS jedi - they help other figures too much as well. General Windu is a great example of that.

I don't remember anyone asking you if you thought it was a "good guess" or not. :P

Besides, what's wrong with helping General Windu. He's not that great.

Last edited by Grand Moff Boris on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:24 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

emr131 wrote:
LoboStele wrote:

We know they probably won't do that because they want the game to be 'seamless'...

The best I could come up with was: "Unique Republic allies with a Force rating and no multiple attacks gain Double Attack/Extra Attack/Twin Attack." - I'd totally love to see Twin Attack given, then Saesee/Agen K/Plo say to the JWM, "who's your daddy now?"- especially with Gen Windu.

That is of course not a specific CE for Kota, per se.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:24 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Boris wrote:

Besides, what's wrong with helping General Windu. He's not that great.

I think he meant that General Windu is an example of a CE that helps CS Jedi, but helps others as well.

:D

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Gemini1179 wrote:
The best I could come up with was: "Unique Republic allies with a Force rating and no multiple attacks gain Double Attack/Extra Attack/Twin Attack." - I'd totally love to see Twin Attack given, then Saesee/Agen K/Plo say to the JWM, "who's your daddy now?"- especially with Gen Windu.

That is of course not a specific CE for Kota, per se.

Again, this would work much better if it were "Unique followers with a Force Rating" or "Unique Republic Followers...". Athough, I'm fairly certain that since he's in the Rebel faction, that his CE will help the Rebels as well.

Sure, General Windu could use a little help now and then. Of course, if Kota's CE just says that Followers with a Force rating gain Double Attack then it really wouldn't unbalance things much either, I think.

If it only applies to Rebel or Republic Followers with Force Ratings, then only these characters could benefit from Double Attack (all others already have Double or Triple):

Luke and Yoda
Luke's Landspeeder
Han Scoundrel
Han on Tauntaun
Han Solo
Agen Kolar, JM
Agen Kolar
Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin
Shaak Ti
Stass Allie
Luke Skywalker, Rebel
Barriss Offee
Luke on Tauntaun
Leia Captive
Jedi Knight
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Guardian (Republic, not Old Republic :P)
Human Force Adept

Of that list, I think only the Landspeeder and Han Scoundrel seem to be the most abusive combos. But depending on how good Repulse is, it might just be that Kota is costed at 55 points because his CE grants such a nice bonus. I'm not sure I'd like that though, because if Kota is costed higher to prevent the Speeder or Han SC from being too powerful, it means his high cost may prevent the Republic Jedi from getting as much boost as they might otherwise.

Last edited by LoboStele on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:52 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

He could very well have a good CE. His stats remind me of Vader, IC. Though again, it will depend on if he has Renewal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next